If stars were made for man to see there is no millions of years light travel time

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I understood what you were trying to say. Were those planets here in Noah's day?
Again perception of a pre bronze age man and the word planet have no business in the same conversation.

Noah/Adam is describing a point of light in the sky period. we then subdivided those points of lights into the various celestial bodies. His word is translated star. again his meaning is a small point of light in the night sky.

Now just because we have come to understand some of those lights are planets makes no never mind to the understanding of a pre bronze age man. as his description of the light he saw would be the same.
We don't know. The moon was here. What are stars? You probably believe science's concept of what they are and where they came from. However, I do not. I do not believe that stars are as big as our sun for example.
how big is the sun? for that matter you do understand and believe we have space probes near the sun and well past pluto at this point which kinda supports the understanding we have of the size of the sun and other stars.
I do not believe science knows the size of any star or distance to ANY star.
I do not think it is possible to have complete knowledge of anything from a single point in time and in space especially trying to describe anything in this cosmos.
Nor does science know how long they have been here or will be!
I do not disagree

Nor where they really came from etc etc etc. Far as I am concerned the Christmas star was a real star.
again look at who is speaking from their understanding of the world around them A start to them could be a UFO, an Angel or star.. or a planet or anything that generates a point of light in the night sky. They did not have the vocabulary to delineate what they thought generated the light. their abilities started and stopped with identifying a point of light in the night sky, and for us we should leave every other contingency as to the source of that light open.

Probably the mobile throne of God spoken about in Eze. The Father watching over the birth of His Son.
Yes if that generated light!

That is how shepherds were guided to a house, and it was not seen in real far away countries etc. That obviously was not ten times the size of the sun! It came to earth. So will the stars of heaven fall to earth in the end.
or that light depending on perspective could have also pointed away if one was not orentiated in the same way.

The bible is pregnant with references to this event. There is no way an obstruction could fit the bill. It is not like a cloud over New York or something!
Does a cloud cover venus? does a cloud keep a cloud keep the sun light from reaching the surface of jupiter? No. What I am describing is a planet killing event that would see an asteroid slam into the planet pushing hundreds of tons of dirt rock and debris into the atmosphere to the point where the sun is all but blocked and the temps drop. at night none of the night sky can be seen.

Google the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs. even if you do not believe in the dinosaurs what is being describes as a planet ending event also full fills ever single one of your verses. you leave here.
One example is that the heavens will be shaken. That means it will not be an earth based phenomena!
As a meteor is a heavenly body.. and if one enters the atmosphere large enough to kill the planet it will do so with a sonic boom that would flatten forrests and level buildings. think a shock wave of a nuclear explosion going 25x the speed of sound scream across 2/3s of the planet's sky before making an impact... The heavens the sky would shake!
Isa 13:13 - Therefore I will shake the heavens,
sonic boom and shock wave
and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.
an impact so large it displace the planet from orbit!
That even sounds like the orbit of the earth may be affected.
say a asteroid 500km would do that right? didn't we just miss one that size a year or two back going 25X the speed of sound??
List of asteroid close approaches to Earth - Wikipedia
Isa 34:4 - And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

one min 19 seconds Science and the bible agree the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll
Isa 48:13 - Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

Isa 65:17 - For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Jer 4:23 - I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Note, that the lights in all heaven are going OUT..not just obscured..all the while the earth will still be here!
all fits the description of what would happen if a great mill stone was cast into the sea watch the video everything is tied up neatly with this one scientific explanation.
Jer 4:28 - For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Joe 2:10 - The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

Mt 24:29 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
again all from a planetary perspective and from the understanding of what a bronze age man would see and identify as a star each and every single aspect of what is described by these verses all come true when you identify the mill stone of Rev 18 as a asteroid.
Actually just look up at the last verse in the list.
Here again you defer to what you thought was the understanding of modern science.
again. you are super imposing your understanding of sun moon and stars in the english on to a greek translation of a hebrew text of men who had neither the scope nor depth to describe what you are creating in your narrative. the y only see points of light and a large light in the day and a lessor at night and the dissolution of those lights. the rest you are adding to the narrative in your explanation. you are putting way too much information into their words.

Granted it could all happen your way and it will not change a thing I believe.. however what if it happens something closer to my way? how does that change your beliefs?

if it does not then what is the whole point of this conversation? do you need to be right so badly you would drag this out for the sake of having the last word?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again perception of a pre bronze age man and the word planet have no business in the same conversation.
The issue is not what anyone thought in Noah's day or not. The issue is whether the planets were where they are in relation to earth at the time!

Noah/Adam is describing a point of light in the sky period. we then subdivided those points of lights into the various celestial bodies. His word is translated star. again his meaning is a small point of light in the night sky.
They are small points of light, obviously.
Now just because we have come to understand some of those lights are planets makes no never mind to the understanding of a pre bronze age man. as his description of the light he saw would be the same.
False, we do not know that the planets were in the vicinity of earth in Noah's day!
Even if they were, that doesn't mean men didn't know what stars were also.
how big is the sun? for that matter you do understand and believe we have space probes near the sun and well past pluto at this point which kinda supports the understanding we have of the size of the sun and other stars.
Correct and that is still less than one little lousy light day away!
I do not think it is possible to have complete knowledge of anything from a single point in time and in space especially trying to describe anything in this cosmos.
I do not disagree
The issue is assuming that space and time is the same and assigning sizes and distances accordingly.
again look at who is speaking from their understanding of the world around them A start to them could be a UFO, an Angel or star.. or a planet or anything that generates a point of light in the night sky.
Show us how a star or comet or planet could hang around for two years or so, and guide a group of people to a certain town and house?
They did not have the vocabulary to delineate what they thought generated the light. their abilities started and stopped with identifying a point of light in the night sky, and for us we should leave every other contingency as to the source of that light open.
They had no idea (as you do not) what the Christmas star was.
Yes if that generated light!

or that light depending on perspective could have also pointed away if one was not orentiated in the same way.

We can rule out a star or comet or planet because those things cannot guide you with precision to a house. If you disagree, sail out into a bay of the ocean, and then use stars to guide you to a house in a nearby city! Good luck with that.
Does a cloud cover venus? does a cloud keep a cloud keep the sun light from reaching the surface of jupiter? No. What I am describing is a planet killing event that would see an asteroid slam into the planet pushing hundreds of tons of dirt rock and debris into the atmosphere to the point where the sun is all but blocked and the temps drop. at night none of the night sky can be seen.
All BUT blocked? Ha. No...OUT...BLACK! No matter where on the planet you are.
Google the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs. even if you do not believe in the dinosaurs what is being describes as a planet ending event also full fills ever single one of your verses. you leave here.
As a meteor is a heavenly body.. and if one enters the atmosphere large enough to kill the planet it will do so with a sonic boom that would flatten forrests and level buildings. think a shock wave of a nuclear explosion going 25x the speed of sound scream across 2/3s of the planet's sky before making an impact... The heavens the sky would shake!
Fiction. The crater could be a remnant of a fount of the deep with the direction of 'impact' going from under the earth to above! The death of many animals at the time may have been due to the flood! We do not know...at least science doesn't.

sonic boom and shock wave
an impact so large it displace the planet from orbit!
say a asteroid 500km would do that right? didn't we just miss one that size a year or two back going 25X the speed of sound??
List of asteroid close approaches to Earth - Wikipedia

Even if that is what God used in the end, (which I doubt) that would not make the universe go dark and go black and have no stars seen anywhere on earth. We should also remember that God is sending this, and in no way will it destroy, say, Israel, for one place. He still lands on the mount of Olives and rules from there area.

one min 19 seconds Science and the bible agree the heavens will be rolled up like a scroll
all fits the description of what would happen if a great mill stone was cast into the sea watch the video everything is tied up neatly with this one scientific explanation.
No way. Doesn't fit the bill at all.

again all from a planetary perspective and from the understanding of what a bronze age man would see and identify as a star each and every single aspect of what is described by these verses all come true when you identify the mill stone of Rev 18 as a asteroid.
God spoke directly in many of the verses I listed! No goat herders involved in the thinking!
again. you are super imposing your understanding of sun moon and stars in the english on to a greek translation of a hebrew text of men who had neither the scope nor depth to describe what you are creating in your narrative. the y only see points of light and a large light in the day and a lessor at night and the dissolution of those lights. the rest you are adding to the narrative in your explanation. you are putting way too much information into their words.
Those lights they saw are pretty much the same ones we see now! They are going black. That does not fit the scientific models at all. They could never allow for all the universe to go black forever and yet still have folks living on earth watching! Never.
Granted it could all happen your way and it will not change a thing I believe.. however what if it happens something closer to my way? how does that change your beliefs?
Well, you owe me a drink if you lose I guess.

Looking at what God Himself said directly in the bible (Jesus also included of course) there is no way stars could be as science thinks, or the universe, or stellar evolution, or the big bang etc etc.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The issue is not what anyone thought in Noah's day or not. The issue is whether the planets were where they are in relation to earth at the time!
this would be true if 1) the bible was meant to be a science book or 2) you contend God wrote this portion of bible from his heavenly/complete knowledge perspective..

What I am saying is Moses noah or whom ever wrote genesis was indeed a man and like with the book of revelation this man (moses was credited with genesis) was given a seat garden side and was allowed to pen down what he saw when he saw it.

The bible simply reads this way. meaning day 4 the atmosphere cleared enough to see the day and night sky.

They are small points of light, obviously.
False, we do not know that the planets were in the vicinity of earth in Noah's day!
we kinda do...
Planets.

Of planets, as far as ascertainable with any degree of certainty, only two are mentioned in the Old Testament: Saturn, called by his Assyrian name "Kévan" (
V02p246016.jpg
) in Amos v. 26; and "Meleket ha-Shamayim" (
V02p246017.jpg
), "the queen of heaven," Jer. vii. 18, xliv. 17, 25, etc. That the latter means Venus is shown by the cakes which are said to have been baked for her. Among the Assyro-Babylonians the cakeofferings were called "the bread of Ishtar" (Venus).

Helel, Son of the Morning.
It is usually claimed that by the word "Helel"
V02p246018.jpg
, "son of the morning," in Isa. xiv. 12, the morning star, or, more correctly, one of the two morning stars, is meant; and the analogy with
V02p246019.jpg
("to glitter") seems to favor the view. Closely considered, however, there is little foundation for the supposition, since Isaiah gives no intimation whatever that Helel is a star (Gunkel, "Schöpfung und Chaos," pp. 132 et seq.).

The supposition that "Gad" (
V02p246020.jpg
) in Isa. lxv. 11 means "Jupiter," the god of Fortune, and that "Meni" (
V02p246021.jpg
), in the same verse, means "Venus" (if these readings be correct), rests upon mere hypothesis.

If it were not that the late-Hebrew name "Ẓedeḳ" (
V02p246022.jpg
="justice") for "Jupiter" betrays, not an Assyro-Babylonian origin, but rather a late Jewish one—for among the Assyro-Babylonians Saturn is the star of justice—it might be accepted as an earlyJewish name for that planet; but to endeavor to connect this with the Old Testament proper names "Meichizedek" and "Adonizedek" is, to say the least, hazardous.

The Old Testament contains no more than the preceding concerning Hebrew Astronomy. Of Hebrew astrology before the Babylonian exile, it contains not a word; for the passage Isa. xlvii. 13, wherein astrologers are evidently meant by "the astrologers, the star-gazers, the monthly prognosticators," is regarded by most scholars as post-exilic. This may perhaps indicate that the ancient Hebrews possessed no astrology; at all events, what is known of the astrology of the later Hebrews shows Assyro-Babylonian influence, as is illustrated by the fact that Mercury, for instance, is called "the star," just as the Assyro-Babylonians designate him simply as "the planet."
ASTRONOMY - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Even if they were, that doesn't mean men didn't know what stars were also.
stars were seen as living creatures that awoke or came out at night. Same article as posted above.

Correct and that is still less than one little lousy light day away!
The issue is assuming that space and time is the same and assigning sizes and distances accordingly.
Show us how a star or comet or planet could hang around for two years or so, and guide a group of people to a certain town and house?
They had no idea (as you do not) what the Christmas star was.We can rule out a star or comet or planet because those things cannot guide you with precision to a house. If you disagree, sail out into a bay of the ocean, and then use stars to guide you to a house in a nearby city! Good luck with that.
honestly don't care not my argument. this is something you included that I have little interest in as it does not pertain to my point about how stars could have existed long before they where seen planet side.

All BUT blocked? Ha. No...OUT...BLACK! No matter where on the planet you are.
Fiction. The crater could be a remnant of a fount of the deep with the direction of 'impact' going from under the earth to above! The death of many animals at the time may have been due to the flood! We do not know...at least science doesn't.
I have no idea what any of this means... you are not following the discussion I plotted out.

Even if that is what God used in the end, (which I doubt) that would not make the universe go dark and go black and have no stars seen anywhere on earth.
YES IT WOULD!!! IF a 500KM wide asteroid slamed into the planet a upto a mile thick layer of dirt and ash would be thrown into orbit surrounding the planet!!!

Can you see a mile into the ground? then imagine a mile's worth of the ground orbiting the earth what makes you think you could see through the same mile of dirt and rock if it orbited over head?

We should also remember that God is sending this, and in no way will it destroy, say, Israel, for one place. He still lands on the mount of Olives and rules from there area.
So scale the rock down to a city block instead of a small state. everything still plays out but now it is possible people can live in a ice age state. as the sun is still at least partially blocked by ashe and dirt in the upper atmosphere.
No way. Doesn't fit the bill at all.
how so? seriously you basically said nut-huh and moved on. I gave scientifically plausible info that correlates with the bible perfectly and on every level. then you say nut-huh, without explanation..
If you want to have a discussion thien discuss. If you want to demonstrate how closed your mind is by not discussing anything you disagree with then there is nothing ore to discuss at all.
The video shows the literal blue sky and clouds being rolled up at the event horizon/shock wave as the pressure from the impact pushed a huge shockwave out from the point of impact.
Just like the bible verse you left described.

God spoke directly in many of the verses I listed! No goat herders involved in the thinking!
Sorry bruh, hate to tell you at best the prophets themselves wrote those verses from their understanding of what God showed them or told them.
Other wise if this was God's writings the OT jews nor us would have any idea what was gng on. think about it the reason he chose prophets is because they interpret for the people God needed a high functioning bronze age man to filter what he saw into something other men could understand.

He used the filter pf Jeremiah He used the Filter of Isaiah or moses.. If you do not think this is true, then why didn't God leave the jews to die in the desert? why did moses have a say in it? what was the reason God did not kill the jews he had pharaoh set free? Because of what moses said and that was based on what people would think of God being an evil being by destroying not only egypt but those he intended to set free. God used the prophets to speak to the people. No one can argue that. therefore even if speaking in the first person they are speaking as bronze age men first on the behalf of God.

Otherwise what you are describing is that they would take on the embodiment of God in order for God to have written those passages in thier various books. IE God would have to had 'possessed them' If you are saying those are God's words and not the words of some bronze age man speaking on the behalf of God.

For that there is no scriptural support that God possess his prophets... Joanah is a good example of How God does not possess his prophets. God influences them, He does not take possession.
Those lights they saw are pretty much the same ones we see now! They are going black.
from a planetary perspective yes.

That does not fit the scientific models at all.
kinda does when you throw a big honking metor at the planet in fact this is what is said to have killed the dinosaurs believe in them or not science does, and science says this meteor theory blocked enough of the sun and all of the nigh sky to initiate a ice age which kills off all the cold blooded dinosaurs. So yes it is a scientifically sound theory which again aligns it'self 100%ly with scripture.

They could never allow for all the universe to go black forever and yet still have folks living on earth watching! Never.
Look smart guy I keep using the term planetary perspective for a reason. do you still not understand this term? stop repeating your closed minded thoughts and simply read what I have written and explained like 5 times now.

The sun moon stars all still shine sport they always will.. but from a planetary perspective meaning if you walked outside after a huge meteor strike the ashe and debris thrown up into the atmosphere as a direct result from the strike would make it seem the sun moon and stars where all rolled up like a scroll... Do you understand? if on the moon you could still see the sun and stars... ok but if you walk out of your house after a meteor strike all would black out. That is not only scientifically plausible they are saying it has happened several times to this planet already!!!

Well, you owe me a drink if you lose I guess.
how about just keep an open mind and don't demand God play out the end of the world as you currently understand it.

Looking at what God Himself said directly in the bible (Jesus also included of course) there is no way stars could be as science thinks, or the universe, or stellar evolution, or the big bang etc etc.
again it just take a different perspective than you right now taking what man currently knows and assigning this knowledge to OT jews.

What they knew of the stars is written down. they saw them as living beings. So nothing like what you think or keep saying they think they where. Is it your contention God sees the stars as living beings? are then angels is some cases? are the cakes in other cases? (venus was a celestial cake)

So unless you think God says venus is a cake then I would not put too much thought into what bronze age men thought of the stars even if they where God's chosen.

If you mind and heart were open just a little you would see what I have done here was assimilate everything science has to say into a purely open frank and honest simple bible reading but from a bronze age planet side perspective.

Start could be stars as science describes but was hidden from man till a few days after the first rain. That in the end the star could be rolled back as a scroll because of what science says will happen in a meteor strike of sufficient size.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
this would be true if 1) the bible was meant to be a science book or 2) you contend God wrote this portion of bible from his heavenly/complete knowledge perspective..
It would be true that the planets either were or were not where they now are regardless of anyone's perspective. Either science knows they were here or not.
What I am saying is Moses noah or whom ever wrote genesis was indeed a man and like with the book of revelation this man (moses was credited with genesis) was given a seat garden side and was allowed to pen down what he saw when he saw it.
No, Moses talked long and hard and often with God Himself. You may not project your notion that generally people were dumb at the time to Scripture.
The bible simply reads this way. meaning day 4 the atmosphere cleared enough to see the day and night sky.
Nothing is said about some clearing though, you made that up. It says He made the stars and that He made the moon and sun. That is confirmed all through the bible. No clearing mentioned anywhere ever.

we kinda do...
Planets.

Of planets, as far as ascertainable with any degree of certainty, only two are mentioned in the Old Testament: Saturn, called by his Assyrian name "Kévan" (
V02p246016.jpg
) in Amos v. 26; and "Meleket ha-Shamayim" (
V02p246017.jpg
), "the queen of heaven," Jer. vii. 18, xliv. 17, 25, etc. That the latter means Venus is shown by the cakes which are said to have been baked for her. Among the Assyro-Babylonians the cakeofferings were called "the bread of Ishtar" (Venus).
You kinda do not actually since you are talking about POST FLOOD and post nature change (probably about the time of the tower of Babel)
Helel, Son of the Morning.
It is usually claimed that by the word "Helel"
V02p246018.jpg
, "son of the morning," in Isa. xiv. 12, the morning star, or, more correctly, one of the two morning stars, is meant; and the analogy with
V02p246019.jpg
("to glitter") seems to favor the view. Closely considered, however, there is little foundation for the supposition, since Isaiah gives no intimation whatever that Helel is a star (Gunkel, "Schöpfung und Chaos," pp. 132 et seq.).
Such an interpretation is after the fact and totally opinion with no basis in fact. In either case, it is post flood also of course, and post Babel.

The supposition that "Gad" (
V02p246020.jpg
) in Isa. lxv. 11 means "Jupiter," the god of Fortune, and that "Meni" (
V02p246021.jpg
), in the same verse, means "Venus" (if these readings be correct), rests upon mere hypothesis.

If it were not that the late-Hebrew name "Ẓedeḳ" (
V02p246022.jpg
="justice") for "Jupiter" betrays, not an Assyro-Babylonian origin, but rather a late Jewish one—for among the Assyro-Babylonians Saturn is the star of justice—it might be accepted as an earlyJewish name for that planet; but to endeavor to connect this with the Old Testament proper names "Meichizedek" and "Adonizedek" is, to say the least, hazardous.
Same as above..in case anyone missed it here it is again..
"Such an interpretation is after the fact and totally opinion with no basis in fact. In either case, it is post flood also of course, and post Babel."
The Old Testament contains no more than the preceding concerning Hebrew Astronomy.
Who cares aout so called Hebrew astronomy? They knew the creator of the universe. Astronomy is something that later arose from God rejecting confused minds that was much like modern science in methodology...they kept Him out at any and all costs. Basically, a pagan attempt to explain creation without God!

stars were seen as living creatures that awoke or came out at night. Same article as posted above.
God never saw them or described them that way. He even connected stars with helping determine or mark time on earth. He also brought out a spiritual connection with them.
honestly don't care not my argument. this is something you included that I have little interest in as it does not pertain to my point about how stars could have existed long before they where seen planet side.
It may not be your preferred argument, but you are talking about Israel or Hebrews and stars. The bible mentions a star in Israel and some of it's characteristics.
I have no idea what any of this means... you are not following the discussion I plotted out.
It means that in the verses I provided it says the stars and sun are going black. Not grey or obscured or just in half the world or etc.
YES IT WOULD!!! IF a 500KM wide asteroid slamed into the planet a upto a mile thick layer of dirt and ash would be thrown into orbit surrounding the planet!!!
If a huge impact that included water came from below and shot UP, the same would be true. Can you prove the direction was from up to down? Let's see the evidence. Shocked quartz doesn't tell us, I don't think, so what do you have?
Can you see a mile into the ground? then imagine a mile's worth of the ground orbiting the earth what makes you think you could see through the same mile of dirt and rock if it orbited over head?
?? If the earth is say some 24,900 miles (and more up in space) in circumference, then who cares about one mile of anything anywhere??

So scale the rock down to a city block instead of a small state. everything still plays out but now it is possible people can live in a ice age state. as the sun is still at least partially blocked by ashe and dirt in the upper atmosphere.
how so? seriously you basically said nut-huh and moved on. I gave scientifically plausible info that correlates with the bible perfectly and on every level. then you say nut-huh, without explanation..
If you want to have a discussion thien discuss. If you want to demonstrate how closed your mind is by not discussing anything you disagree with then there is nothing ore to discuss at all.
The video shows the literal blue sky and clouds being rolled up at the event horizon/shock wave as the pressure from the impact pushed a huge shockwave out from the point of impact.
Just like the bible verse you left described.

Partially blocked...ha. That is not the universe going black.

Sorry bruh, hate to tell you at best the prophets themselves wrote those verses from their understanding of what God showed them or told them.
Other wise if this was God's writings the OT jews nor us would have any idea what was gng on. think about it the reason he chose prophets is because they interpret for the people God needed a high functioning bronze age man to filter what he saw into something other men could understand.

The bible was written as much for today actually, and I suspect many men of old comprehended better than modern men.
He used the filter pf Jeremiah He used the Filter of Isaiah or moses.. If you do not think this is true, then why didn't God leave the jews to die in the desert? why did moses have a say in it? what was the reason God did not kill the jews he had pharaoh set free? Because of what moses said and that was based on what people would think of God being an evil being by destroying not only egypt but those he intended to set free. God used the prophets to speak to the people. No one can argue that. therefore even if speaking in the first person they are speaking as bronze age men first on the behalf of God.
No, doesn't follow. Just because He chose Himself a people to bring Salvation to the world one day, and protected them, does not mean that Scripture is limited to your concept of what those people knew or understood. In many cases they did not understand what they wrote, but it became known much later.

Otherwise what you are describing is that they would take on the embodiment of God in order for God to have written those passages in thier various books.
Sometimes God wrote stuff with His finger as with Moses on the mountain and the tablets. Other times He spoke directly from heaven or via an angel etc. Other times people were almost in a trance and it physically weakened them. Other times they were taken up bodily to see things. Etc etc. You cannot attribute Scripture to man.

IE God would have to had 'possessed them' If you are saying those are God's words and not the words of some bronze age man speaking on the behalf of God.

For that there is no scriptural support that God possess his prophets... Joanah is a good example of How God does not possess his prophets. God influences them, He does not take possession.
from a planetary perspective yes.
Speaking through someone can involve many things. He spoke through a donkey. He spoke TO many others with a real voice. He sent angels with messages from His throne. He came down Himself to live for awhile and said plenty to multitudes! He used prophets and gave them His exact messages to give people. In many ways He assured that His words got to us.

kinda does when you throw a big honking metor at the planet in fact this is what is said to have killed the dinosaurs believe in them or not science does, and science says this meteor theory blocked enough of the sun and all of the nigh sky to initiate a ice age which kills off all the cold blooded dinosaurs. So yes it is a scientifically sound theory which again aligns it'self 100%ly with scripture.
OK, so that is one faith based explanation. But is we send a flood and open fountains of the deep, we also get animals dying for other reasons, and a crater, etc etc. Your religion is not required at all.
The sun moon stars all still shine sport they always will..
Prophesy. Also prophesy that opposes Scripture.
but from a planetary perspective meaning if you walked outside after a huge meteor strike the ashe and debris thrown up into the atmosphere as a direct result from the strike would make it seem the sun moon and stars where all rolled up like a scroll... Do you understand?

No. If an asteroid hit in the Gulf of Mexico area, I doubt that if you were in Australia that day it would suddenly be black. In a volcanic eruption for example I assume the winds carry the ash. That would not be worldwide instantly. The world would not see all stars and sun and moon go out one day. Nor would they see stars fall to earth...etc etc.
if on the moon you could still see the sun and stars... ok but if you walk out of your house after a meteor strike all would black out. That is not only scientifically plausible they are saying it has happened several times to this planet already!!!
As explained , the whole world would not see this and it would not be so dark men need candles to see in the world.

how about just keep an open mind and don't demand God play out the end of the world as you currently understand it.
I only understand what He said. I try not to correct Him and taper what He 'reaaallly' meant by the pitifully limited science or knowledge of man.

again it just take a different perspective than you right now taking what man currently knows and assigning this knowledge to OT jews.
God knew then as He knows now.

What they knew of the stars is written down. they saw them as living beings. So nothing like what you think or keep saying they think they where. Is it your contention God sees the stars as living beings? are then angels is some cases? are the cakes in other cases? (venus was a celestial cake)
Naturally pagans assigned spirits to stars as there is a connection to the spiritual with stars. God mentioned groups of stars and even that Pleiades has sweet influences! He sent a star to Israel and that sure had a spiritual connection. He mentions some spirits as 'stars' dancing at one time together, so that is a definite spiritual connection. He mentions that when bad spirits and Satan fall to earth it is stars falling. He even calls Himself the Bright and Morning Star. (and we know He is coming back to earth!)

So unless you think God says venus is a cake then I would not put too much thought into what bronze age men thought of the stars even if they where God's chosen.
God never said that nor did Scripture. That is pagan foolishness. (like modern science so called when it comes to stars)
If you mind and heart were open just a little you would see what I have done here was assimilate everything science has to say into a purely open frank and honest simple bible reading but from a bronze age planet side perspective.
Not even close.
Start could be stars as science describes but was hidden from man till a few days after the first rain.
Except again, you made that up. Nothing anywhere in the bible says that. You are trying to hammer Scripture into submission to science. Period.

That in the end the star could be rolled back as a scroll because of what science says will happen in a meteor strike of sufficient size.

Jesus Himself mentioned that it would be immediate! No way some meteor somewhere on the planet could fit the bill.

Mt 24:29 -Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would be true that the planets either were or were not where they now are regardless of anyone's perspective. Either science knows they were here or not.
No, Moses talked long and hard and often with God Himself. You may not project your notion that generally people were dumb at the time to Scripture.
Nothing is said about some clearing though, you made that up. It says He made the stars and that He made the moon and sun. That is confirmed all through the bible. No clearing mentioned anywhere ever.

You kinda do not actually since you are talking about POST FLOOD and post nature change (probably about the time of the tower of Babel)
Such an interpretation is after the fact and totally opinion with no basis in fact. In either case, it is post flood also of course, and post Babel.

Same as above..in case anyone missed it here it is again..
"Such an interpretation is after the fact and totally opinion with no basis in fact. In either case, it is post flood also of course, and post Babel."
Who cares aout so called Hebrew astronomy? They knew the creator of the universe. Astronomy is something that later arose from God rejecting confused minds that was much like modern science in methodology...they kept Him out at any and all costs. Basically, a pagan attempt to explain creation without God!

God never saw them or described them that way. He even connected stars with helping determine or mark time on earth. He also brought out a spiritual connection with them.
It may not be your preferred argument, but you are talking about Israel or Hebrews and stars. The bible mentions a star in Israel and some of it's characteristics.

It means that in the verses I provided it says the stars and sun are going black. Not grey or obscured or just in half the world or etc.
If a huge impact that included water came from below and shot UP, the same would be true. Can you prove the direction was from up to down? Let's see the evidence. Shocked quartz doesn't tell us, I don't think, so what do you have?
?? If the earth is say some 24,900 miles (and more up in space) in circumference, then who cares about one mile of anything anywhere??

Partially blocked...ha. That is not the universe going black.

The bible was written as much for today actually, and I suspect many men of old comprehended better than modern men.

No, doesn't follow. Just because He chose Himself a people to bring Salvation to the world one day, and protected them, does not mean that Scripture is limited to your concept of what those people knew or understood. In many cases they did not understand what they wrote, but it became known much later.

Sometimes God wrote stuff with His finger as with Moses on the mountain and the tablets. Other times He spoke directly from heaven or via an angel etc. Other times people were almost in a trance and it physically weakened them. Other times they were taken up bodily to see things. Etc etc. You cannot attribute Scripture to man.

Speaking through someone can involve many things. He spoke through a donkey. He spoke TO many others with a real voice. He sent angels with messages from His throne. He came down Himself to live for awhile and said plenty to multitudes! He used prophets and gave them His exact messages to give people. In many ways He assured that His words got to us.

OK, so that is one faith based explanation. But is we send a flood and open fountains of the deep, we also get animals dying for other reasons, and a crater, etc etc. Your religion is not required at all.
Prophesy. Also prophesy that opposes Scripture.

No. If an asteroid hit in the Gulf of Mexico area, I doubt that if you were in Australia that day it would suddenly be black. In a volcanic eruption for example I assume the winds carry the ash. That would not be worldwide instantly. The world would not see all stars and sun and moon go out one day. Nor would they see stars fall to earth...etc etc.
As explained , the whole world would not see this and it would not be so dark men need candles to see in the world.

I only understand what He said. I try not to correct Him and taper what He 'reaaallly' meant by the pitifully limited science or knowledge of man.

God knew then as He knows now.

Naturally pagans assigned spirits to stars as there is a connection to the spiritual with stars. God mentioned groups of stars and even that Pleiades has sweet influences! He sent a star to Israel and that sure had a spiritual connection. He mentions some spirits as 'stars' dancing at one time together, so that is a definite spiritual connection. He mentions that when bad spirits and Satan fall to earth it is stars falling. He even calls Himself the Bright and Morning Star. (and we know He is coming back to earth!)

God never said that nor did Scripture. That is pagan foolishness. (like modern science so called when it comes to stars)
Not even close.
Except again, you made that up. Nothing anywhere in the bible says that. You are trying to hammer Scripture into submission to science. Period.

Jesus Himself mentioned that it would be immediate! No way some meteor somewhere on the planet could fit the bill.

Mt 24:29 -Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
You don't seem to be a fact based person nor one who is willing to look at the bible any other way than you currently do.. There is nothing I can do logically here, So I will just let you have this conversation.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't seem to be a fact based person nor one who is willing to look at the bible any other way than you currently do.. There is nothing I can do logically here, So I will just let you have this conversation.
Fact is that science has a belief based idea of what God's creation, including stars are all about.The fact is that the descriptions of the black out in the heavens spoken about in Scripture that include stars and moon and sun going out one day could not possibly be earth based or caused by a meteor. The fact is that there is a definite connection in the bible with spirits and stars.

Cheers

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So my best guess is that time does not exist as we know it in deep space. After all if time is not there (the same as here) then it could not take great time for light to move there.
I came across this article the other day, not sure if its relevant.
How the Universe Stopped Making Sense

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Roderick Spode

Nov 12, 2019
Silicon Valley
✟24,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So my best guess is that time does not exist as we know it in deep space. After all if time is not there (the same as here) then it could not take great time for light to move there.
I haven't come to a solid conclusion between old and new earth creationism, not because of scientist consensus, but scriptural meaning. But I think this makes a strong case for young earth creationism.

Ironically this idea leads some to think this would be (or is) deception on God's part. The idea of purposely make something (the universe) new appear old. A Christian shouldn't really take this issue IMO because it's not about deception, but about
purpose. Especially if they believe that God created Adam and Eve who appeared to be about 20 or so when they were one year old. There was a purpose in creating them as adults. There are modern buildings in New York created to appear like old Victorian buildings. And people who don't know this have
thought they were 100 hundred years old. The design was not meant to fool people though. There's a purpose in creating buildings in this style.

Since we don't really know what time is like out in the outer regions of the cosmos, the skies really the limit on the age of the universe. I would say if there's a purpose to creating the stars, and allowing for a time related mystery, it's for man to seek God for answers for the un-explainable. And even there, there are probably mysteries not meant for us to know while mere mortals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I haven't come to a solid conclusion between old and new earth creationism, not because of scientist consensus, but scriptural meaning. But I think this makes a strong case for young earth creationism.

Ironically this idea leads some to think this would be (or is) deception on God's part. The idea of purposely make something (the universe) new appear old. A Christian shouldn't really take this issue IMO because it's not about deception, but about
purpose. Especially if they believe that God created Adam and Eve who appeared to be about 20 or so when they were one year old. There was a purpose in creating them as adults. There are modern buildings in New York created to appear like old Victorian buildings. And people who don't know this have
thought they were 100 hundred years old. The design was not meant to fool people though. There's a purpose in creating buildings in this style.
Right. And in the case of stars, have a good look at them, do they really look old to you?? Ha. They look like little lights! The only thing that makes science think they must be old is the great time that they think it must take for light to get here from there basically. Totally imaginary in other words. (that and their godless stellar evolution beliefs which are basically just religion)
Since we don't really know what time is like out in the outer regions of the cosmos, the skies really the limit on the age of the universe.
Exactly.

I would say if there's a purpose to creating the stars, and allowing for a time related mystery, it's for man to seek God for answers for the un-explainable. And even there, there are probably mysteries not meant for us to know while mere mortals.
True, and I only get into some of those things because science has claimed they know when they did not.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Right. And in the case of stars, have a good look at them, do they really look old to you?? Ha. They look like little lights!

Bit like cities look from space. So you think cities do not exist but there are just little lights on ground ?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bit like cities look from space. So you think cities do not exist but there are just little lights on ground ?
Stars exist too. What makes them look old to you cannot be supported. No distances sizes and origins of stars is known to science. They have simply assigned reasons for what they see from here based on realities here and proclaimed that the universe must conform.

Upvote 0

Roderick Spode

Nov 12, 2019
Silicon Valley
✟24,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right. And in the case of stars, have a good look at them, do they really look old to you?? Ha. They look like little lights! The only thing that makes science think they must be old is the great time that they think it must take for light to get here from there basically. Totally imaginary in other words. (that and their godless stellar evolution beliefs which are basically just religion)
Exactly.

True, and I only get into some of those things because science has claimed they know when they did not.
The stars actually look quite young to me. They don't look a day over a 100.

When I was a kid and looked at the stars it wasn't any different than looking at my TV set. I saw them because they were in front of me (albeit far far away). And it was the here and now. I just figured I saw them because they are very big. I would hate to find out that live game I watched on TV was just a repeat that reached my eye gate a year later.

I agree with you. I think we're seeing geocentrism taking on a different form in the modern science community.

• Agree
Reactions: dad
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The stars actually look quite young to me. They don't look a day over a 100.

When I was a kid and looked at the stars it wasn't any different than looking at my TV set. I saw them because they were in front of me (albeit far far away). And it was the here and now. I just figured I saw them because they are very big. I would hate to find out that live game I watched on TV was just a repeat that reached my eye gate a year later.

I agree with you. I think we're seeing geocentrism taking on a different form in the modern science community.
Ha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoG

Veteran
Site Supporter
May 14, 2005
✟70,204.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ran across this interesting excerpt from a book by
Dr. Gerald Schroeder
The Age of the Universe

15 Billion or Six Days?
Today, we look back in time. We see 15 billion years. Looking forward from when the universe is very small ― billions of times smaller ― the Torah says six days. They both may be correct.
Age of the Universe

Reactions: MrsFoundit
Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ironically this idea leads some to think this would be (or is) deception on God's part. The idea of purposely make something (the universe) new appear old.

Interesting that no one claims Jesus was deliberately deceiving people by dying and then not staying dead.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, let's assume the bible is true. Let's assume Adam saw the stars. Let's assume that took very little time to see those stars.

My OP suggested that time itself does not exist in deep space. Not time as we know it here. So light moving would not take the time it would here! After all, not like we can see time out there in any way, it is invisible.

So, in the solar system and area (where we know about and have sent probes etc) we know time unfolds/exists a certain way. In this 'fishbowl' area here we know how much time light takes to move. Not so for far space, we have no idea if or how time exists out there.

So just because we 'clock' light to move at a certain rate per certain time here, does not mean this speed limit (time zone) exists anywhere else!

I for one agree. :)

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And by the breath of His mouth all their host.

I use to think of God flinging the stars out by hand, but this says they were breathed out.

Isaiah 45:12
"It is I who made the earth, and created man upon it I stretched out the heavens with My hands And I ordained all their host.

Then stretched out.

God is timeless but we do know it took one day of time from the perspective of time passing here.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Count me in on this too, I read this to mean that time, as identified in Genesis, is unique to earth and does not apply in distant space.

Upvote 0