• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

If someone kills themself with Bi-polar will they go too Hell?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Johnboy60, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Johnboy60

Johnboy60 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,811
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I have a friend that has Bi-polar that wants too die.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    The only unforgivable Sin is rejecting God.
    But don't feel bad. If you force somebody
    to believe what they refuse to believe, they still refuse it.
    You can only improve yourself and maybe that will help your friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Old Lady

Old Lady ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+10,934
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I doubt it, but God knows the answer. We see the physical results of that person's act; God knows the person's heart. Our job is to encourage the person that he is valuable and we love him.

4. Curtis.Hilliker

Curtis.Hilliker Now what.......

+693
    United States
    Charismatic
    Engaged
    US-Others
    I had a friend who killed himself because of his mental health struggles, and I almost did too. Mental health problems can be horrible.

Pray for him, and don’t let him spend a lot of time alone. I’ll pray too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  5. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,468
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I see no grounds for asserting that suicide for any reason is a sin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,926
    Anabaptist
    Many many people want to die, (perhaps).

Those who are living in willing rebellion against Jesus obviously don't have hope, so it may not matter how they die - except all Scripture, all God's Plan and Purpose and Revelation in and thru Jesus seems to indicate that willful suicide is extreme sin (lack of faith if nothing else, and without faith it is impossible to please God).

7. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,801
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Wanting to die is pretty common when you have bipolar disorder but as long as he doesn't have a plan then generally theres nothing that you can do. I'd still talk to him and try to encourage him, to be brave enough to live even though the pain feels like it will last forever. Let him know the pain he is in won't last forever and he has better days coming.

8. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,926
    Anabaptist
    Please if possible explain/ clarify what "pain" you are referring to specifically .... thanks !

9. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,801
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    His friend wants to die. Pain is the most likely reason you would want to die.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. yeshuaslavejeff

+10,926
    Anabaptist
    I don't think it is good to assume that.
    Also, without opiates and without addictive or toxic narcotics, the issue of pain can be quite fully dealt with. (I think)

11. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+5,699
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    There are two considerations to your question.
    1. Not all forms of suicide are self-murder. Like other forms of homicide, that is the form that is most concerning. (The problem is that no person can know where God draws the line; it is a very risky undertaking, at best.)
    2. It would also depend on the veracity --not one's preference-- of "Once Saved, Always Saved" vs. Arminianism. (Until you can resolve that dispute once and for all [GLWT], self-murder will remain a risky undertaking.)
    We do not pronounce such judgment. The best we can do is anticipate what Scripture teaches on the matter. God's actual Judgment is not changed by our opinions of His Word. In our uncertainty, I think that it is better to err on the side of caution.

Will he go to Hell? No one (on this side of eternity) can know for sure, but it is a distinct possibility.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  12. ChicanaRose

ChicanaRose Well-Known Member

+1,322
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If the illness is taking over his thinking, maybe it's not him but the illness that is making him want to die. But since he is still alive, let's pray that he will stay alive and find hope and healing.

13. Johnboy60

Johnboy60 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,811
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Thank you all for the prayer's. This friend is a Lady has had this condition since she was 23 years old and now she's 68. I've been taking care of her for almost four years now because her own family has disowned her because of the Bi-polar and her not taking her medicine.

I also had a lady friend about 30 years ago kill herself with gun and she had only health problems like kidney blockages and other non mental problems. She did it because of the pain and she was in her 60's.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+661
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    It’s definitely a sin. It’s just not a sin that damns someone to hell.

15. GaveMeJoy

GaveMeJoy Well-Known Member

+661
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    The only thing that will send a person to hell is if they die without saving belief in Jesus Christ crucified and risen. If they relented of their sins and accepted the Lord as their Lord, anything that’s happens after that is simply organ failure. Having a heart malfunction won’t send a Christian to hell, why would have a brain malfunction?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,721
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    If someone has justification for mentally ill person killing himself being sent to Hell by all mercifull and wise God it would be interesting to see.

17. Leet

Leet Active Member

+402
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It's heartbreaking she's suffered for so many years. ☹ I guess she's still not taking meds? She'd be so much better off but that's half the battle with mental illness imo, convincing people to stay on their meds.

18. Joy

Joy Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,837
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    MOD HAT ON

Thread is Closed
    for
    Staff Review

MOD HAT OFF

19. Joy

Joy Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,837
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    MOD HAT ON

This Thread has been Re-opened
    and Moved
    From Ethics & Morality
    To Christian Advice

This thread has been moved to a Christian Only Forum so Non Christian posts & responses have been removed.

MOD HAT OFF

20. lismore

lismore Maranatha

+3,018
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    The only reason anyone would go to Hell is rejecting God's salvation in Jesus Christ.