If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi there, my name is Alex and I'm here to get some help on a school project. But I might as well tell you about myself a bit before asking any questions :D

I'm an aerospace/mechanical engineering major who will attend his freshman year at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute this fall. I am currently working on my first patent with a team of high school students, and I'm very excited about the work we're doing (I can't give anything away, but I will say its working on protecting valuable electronics from damage). I am a self taught musician and have played the guitar for 4 years. I love playing the blues, but most of what I listen to is hard rock/classic rock, with my favorite artist being Jimi Hendrix. I'm an atheist. I do not follow a religion and don't plan on doing so, due to my own research and thoughts, and even though I do not appreciate religion, I can respect that everyone is entitled to their beliefs and believes them for specific reasons.

I also see no point in the creation/evolution debate, because I don't understand why it is so hard to just reconcile science and faith. There are countless ways to do so, but I don't want to get into that too deeply.

And this acts as a perfect segway to my purpose here. I am writing a paper for a civics class on the evolution/creation in schools debate, since I want a better perspective on the creationist side (And in all honesty, I don't see it as a challenge). I am required to interview two people for this project (one from each side), and I would like to publicly post my interview so that anyone here can post the answers, the most well formed opinion on the subject will be cited in the paper.

EDIT: Woops, just needed to scroll more to find the atheist option for my religion, nevermind the questions that were here prior to this edit, haha

Reactions: Beckyy25

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello and welcome to the forums. I hope you'll also participate at the discussions here. You could start in thsi subforum:
Wish you a nice time in here. :wave:

So do you think that would be a good place to post the interview I've written up? I really can't find any forums that fit.

And thanks for your hospitality, while I'm here I'll be sure to post in other discussions as well :)

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Alex :) Welcome to CF.

For the Christians perspective, try Exploring Christianity. That'd be the best place. I hope it goes well (and would be very interested in reading the final article.)

Upvote 0

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings Friend! :wave:

Welcome to CF whether your stay here is long or short, I hoped you feel blessed. :angel:

Well I'm very complimented that you hope I do, I dunno if I'd say blessed, but I feel grateful for all the wonderful things in my life :)

Hi, Alex :) Welcome to CF.

For the Christians perspective, try Exploring Christianity. That'd be the best place. I hope it goes well (and would be very interested in reading the final article.)

I'll be sure to post it as long as you're fine with something that will probably be very pro evolution in the end. And thanks for the directions! :wave:

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll be sure to post it as long as you're fine with something that will probably be very pro evolution in the end. And thanks for the directions! :wave:
Heh. Most Christians have no trouble reconciling evolution with having faith nor with God being the Creator :) Speciation is less likely, mind, and I think there's less acceptance of it.

In any event, when I was trying to understand why people subscribe to young earth creationism (tis important to specify) I stumbled across this site. You'll be able to find huge amounts of information there.

Upvote 0

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟22,683.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So do you think that would be a good place to post the interview I've written up? I really can't find any forums that fit.

And thanks for your hospitality, while I'm here I'll be sure to post in other discussions as well :)

I gave you the link to the Non-Christian Religion subforum so that you can participate at the discussions there, it was not for posting your interview. I did not write anything about your interview, because I honestly do not know which place would be the best to post it. But you could ask any moderator, they will surely be able to help you. :)

Upvote 0

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heh. Most Christians have no trouble reconciling evolution with having faith nor with God being the Creator :) Speciation is less likely, mind, and I think there's less acceptance of it.

In any event, when I was trying to understand why people subscribe to young earth creationism (tis important to specify) I stumbled across. You'll be able to find huge amounts of information there.

I actually contacted them for an interview, I made a fluke over the phone when they said "You'd probably be better suited speaking to a scientist about this", and I responded with "Well I need to interview both sides of the issue". Turns out they had scientists there and they shooed me off the line after that.

I did read through, and generally it just confirmed my other research by pointing out the same pseudosciences, and they openly stated this was an argument based on the bible. (And I was kind of insulted when I read that "The search for extraterrestrial life is useless" Since I really want a career working to help find extraterrestrial life....). But yeah, I did try AiG, thanks for the advice :)

I gave you the link to the Non-Christian Religion subforum so that you can participate at the discussions there, it was not for posting your interview. I did not write anything about your interview, because I honestly do not know which place would be the best to post it. But you could ask any moderator, they will surely be able to help you. :)

Wow, I'm asleep at the wheel here, it was late at night, haha.

But I don't have a religion, so I don't think I'd fit to well there, I think I'll explore the music forums for now :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
As a soon to be Geology Major that adheres to Creationism I wish you much luck and many blessings
and yes you do have religion (your science)

Congratulations! Best of luck with whatever career you get after you graduate :). And thanks =D

But, science is not a religion, it has the beliefs and rituals.... if you want to bring both those things to their most basic levels. But there is no worship, so it doesn't meet the criteria. I do tend to hero worship musicians so that might count :p

Upvote 0

zayder06

Mar 6, 2009
✟15,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I most respectfully disagree,perhaps it would benefit you to seek those in the field of science that are Christian ...i.e. a Christian Phd at an appropriate school of ?????
and thank you for your words of hope on my future,I will be graduating at the ripe old age of 57 (if all goes well) and the professors I spoke with while not discouraging,did paint a realistic picture of the job market for an old Geologist with no real life experiance in that field (talk about a leap of faith) much love and peace my friend

Upvote 0

PuzzledBread

Mar 12, 2009
✟15,201.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I most respectfully disagree,perhaps it would benefit you to seek those in the field of science that are Christian ...i.e. a Christian Phd at an appropriate school of ?????
and thank you for your words of hope on my future,I will be graduating at the ripe old age of 57 (if all goes well) and the professors I spoke with while not discouraging,did paint a realistic picture of the job market for an old Geologist with no real life experiance in that field (talk about a leap of faith) much love and peace my friend

Haha, well we'll agree to disagree than. And that has been what I've been trying, they're quite good at hiding though :)

Hey, always a great thing to get an education, no matter where you can apply it!

Upvote 0