• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

If Protestantism is true, why they are not united? (2)

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Alonso_Castillo, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alonso_Castillo

Alonso_Castillo Newbie

+208
    Catholic
    Single
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tzaousios

Tzaousios Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός

+469
    Christian
    Married
    That's interesting. Did the Christians, and especially the ones non-compliant with Calvinism, learn the hard way in their experiences of Calvin's Geneva? How about the Anabaptists in Münster in 1534?

3. MoreCoffee

MoreCoffee Repentance works.

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    Who'd a thunk it! ;) on to the second thousand posts
    :p:p:p

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. OneAccordRM

OneAccordRM You hated Christ before you hated me.

+9
    Christian
    Married
    Great thread, and good point.

Why is there more than one catholic church?

Why is there more than one protestant church?

Personally, I believe its the doctrines of men that have caused the split.

We failed to read Gods word literally, and naturally our human weakness started to show in the consequential generations, resulting in multi-denominational beliefs.

just my opinion.

5. Rick Otto

Rick Otto The Dude Abides

+6,114
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Protestants have a type of unity that conforms to freedom, not the "Dark Ages" kind concieved of by "the one true church".

6. MoreCoffee

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    Brother Rick Otto, you mentioned "a type of unity" but in this case it is more a case of disunity. When next the Calvinists adopt Wesleyan Arminianism or vice versa then maybe there will be a kind of unity. So far the only place such unity has happened is in the denominations that have thrown away their patrimony as a bad dream and turned to more modern non-confessional patterns of belief; the Uniting Church in Australia is one such, I believe that Canada has another called the United Church, and the USA very likely has several.

7. Tzaousios

+469
    Christian
    Married
    What kind of use of the term "Dark Ages" is this?

8. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Servant of God † Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+14,891
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'm not quite sure what you mean about unity conforming to freedom, Rick Otto. Can you explain? Forgive me if you've said it before, as I don't believe I've seen it.

I admit I tend to look at doctrinal unity, and no matter which side of the fence I was standing on, I had to admit that Protestants of every stripe and belief can be found.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  9. squint

squint Well-Known Member

+738
    Christian
    Married
    Self preservation followed by decentralization.

10. Tzaousios

+469
    Christian
    Married
    That was rather vague. Do you understand what I am asking?

11. MoreCoffee

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    "Dark ages" is one of those dog whistle phrases when one wants to gather the troops for an assault on some Catholic something or other.

12. MoreCoffee

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    Decentralised torture is 'better' right? ;)

13. Rick Otto

+6,114
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    ... that's exactly the trouble with your concept of unity.
    You think freedom is chaos.

14. MoreCoffee

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    No, I think chaos is chaos and freedom is a gift from God not the outcome of a revolution.

[​IMG]

15. Rick Otto

+6,114
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It was bait, to see if the hounds were still loose.

I wasn't disappointed.

16. Rick Otto

+6,114
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    No sir, you think freedom is also chaos and you don't appreciate what a revolutionary Jesus is.

17. MoreCoffee

+2,421
    Catholic
    Private
    I am in the happy circumstance of knowing what I think but you are not. If, however you feel better for making such a claim have at it.

Catholic Hymn, Behold The Wood Of The Cross, sung by Jesuits, Good Friday - YouTube

18. Rick Otto

+6,114
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Not only do I not need your permission, I already HAVE had at it, and I'm confident it makes me feel better than how happy your circumstances make you.

...And not just because you are obviously wrong about me knowing what you think, you having spilled your disorderly thoughts abundantly across this forum.

Such obvious factual evidence being so firmly denied reflection t-shirt poorly on your ability to distinguish between freedom and chaos.

But I have to admit, you lack no self-confidence to an unusual degree.

19. squint

squint Well-Known Member

+738
    Christian
    Married
    There are enough wicked rulers to contend with in this world, emphasis on rulers.

20. Targaryen

Targaryen Scripture,Tradition and Reason

+536
    Canada
    Anglican
    Single
    CA-NDP
    So you believe in mindreading? CONSPIRACY!!!!

No more disorderly then your hateful ranting and making a childish fool of yourself specially when you seem to have some new power of mindreading that somehow make the ranting and misreading and tangent inaccuracy you seem to revel in even more astounding.

I'm glad he has self-confidence. comes with a good, firm root in the love of Christ. But such love also doesn't mean he needs to put on blinders and look at rather hearsay,sketchy, based on a misrepresentation of fact and political history and declare it relevant like you are trying to espouse.

Nor should anyone put on blinders and play your version of the Inquistion 2014, the new and improved Anti-Catholic version.

Remember when Jesus said, look not at the speck in someone else's eye to overlook the log in your own? Perhaps you should pay heed to that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.