If our sins are forgiven, on the Day of Judgment does God go over are sins again?

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟36,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have heard that when we receive forgiveness of sins and are covered under the Blood of Jesus that are sins are forgiven and that God forgets them. A song by Audio Adrenaline shares that God buries our sins at the bottom of the ocean floor ("Ocean Floor" by Audio Adrenaline). However 2 Corinthians 5:10 says,
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." I think as Christians that the bad things we did on earth may still be revisited when we stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ and while we are forgiven there may be loss of rewards or standing in the eternal Kingdom for sin issues or unfaithfulness that we were guilty of while on earth.

So what I'm thinking is that while we walk in God's forgiveness and even that He forgets our sins in our relationship and fellowship with Him on earth, that we will still have to answer for the wrong we did while on earth. In another passage, Jesus Himself said that people will have to give account for every idle word - Matthew 12:36. I will not have any excuse for the wrong I have done but I will just have to point to Jesus' Blood as my defense in the judgment, as the only reason I can get into Heaven. There will be a lot I will be deeply sorry for.

However Hebrews 8:12 says, "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." So which one is it, does God go over our sins when we stand before His Judgment throne, or does He forgive and forget to the point where He will not even mention our sins?

• Informative
Reactions: JohnB445

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

In this case it is good to compare scripture with scripture. Jesus is our advocate with the Father thus covering our sins. Yes, we will be judged on our deeds, including whether or not we are in the Body of Christ. Our deeds reflect the fruit of our lives. Everything will be revealed in the end including those who seemingly appear to walk with Him but actually do not.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I suspect our sins do a pass and review not unlike Job's encounter with God spesking from the whilewind. It burns up the dross and if anything is left, there is a reward.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
I have heard that when we receive forgiveness of sins and are covered under the Blood of Jesus that are sins are forgiven and that God forgets them. A song by Audio Adrenaline shares that God buries our sins at the bottom of the ocean floor ("Ocean Floor" by Audio Adrenaline). However 2 Corinthians 5:10 says,
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." I think as Christians that the bad things we did on earth may still be revisited when we stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ and while we are forgiven there may be loss of rewards or standing in the eternal Kingdom for sin issues or unfaithfulness that we were guilty of while on earth.

So what I'm thinking is that while we walk in God's forgiveness and even that He forgets our sins in our relationship and fellowship with Him on earth, that we will still have to answer for the wrong we did while on earth. In another passage, Jesus Himself said that people will have to give account for every idle word - Matthew 12:36. I will not have any excuse for the wrong I have done but I will just have to point to Jesus' Blood as my defense in the judgment, as the only reason I can get into Heaven. There will be a lot I will be deeply sorry for.

However Hebrews 8:12 says, "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." So which one is it, does God go over our sins when we stand before His Judgment throne, or does He forgive and forget to the point where He will not even mention our sins?
No, it is says our sins and lawless deeds will no longer be remembered. What happens is described in 1Cor 3:11-13 "No other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

The history of our works is a book. When judgement comes God burns up all the pages representing our sins and lawless deeds. We're rewarded on what remains.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
1 Peter 4 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

I believe we all will stand trail and in the end the Father shall ask us: Why would I let you inside Heaven/Kingdom?
There is only one right answer: I accept Christ as Lord and believe he has died for all of my sins. I have nothing to boast about of any works I did because only the work of Christ and the mercy of the Father is the reason I still have a chance to get into Heaven/Kingdom.

We will only get thru because of that. Non believers can not say that… Some believers will say: I did this and I did that. I am afraid for their life too.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it is says our sins and lawless deeds will no longer be remembered. What happens is described in 1Cor 3:11-13 "No other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

The history of our works is a book. When judgement comes God burns up all the pages representing our sins and lawless deeds. We're rewarded on what remains.
Exactly, I think the hardest part might be missed opportunities, things we neglected out of fear and laziness. Soon forgotten once we see him as he is but that puifying fire will be a terrible moment, devastating but quickly and forever forgotten as you recieve the redemption of the purchased price.

Upvote 0