IF only we would present the Gospel like this. Maybe more would be interested in Jesus.

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you describe this LIFE. As a Christian it’s hard to do.

I recall moments in my own life, times of stillness, in the midst of activity or in the quiet of night. The presence of His Spirit was there, sometimes speaking other times He was silent, yet the undeniable presence of His Spirit was so real.

You couldn’t describe it too anyone else, sometimes he was so near, almost physical, at other times He was, just felt, deep in your heart.

I could at times think, and He would answer. Sometimes the answer was spoken, and at other times it was a still small voice in my heart.

Sometimes I would see a person, and while looking at them, I knew about them.

I recall the passion to tell others about him at any given moment, looking for such an occasion never caring where I was, or who was nearby.

Constantly His Love moved over me in waves and yet it abode, never departing. I would wake up in the middle of the night and He was there, like a mother hen.

I remember the love for others that was not my own. I remember feeling, and being, separate from the world yet still in its midst.

I recall not worrying about the kind of car I drove, or the condition of my clothes, knowing that He was fully aware of all these things.

I recall being invited out for dinner with brothers, and thinking (silently between myself and God), “Lord I don’t have any money, but I’m hungry” and then someone would say “hey rod I’ll buy ok?” Do you have days like this?

Do you remember days like this from your past? I believe this is something no one can take from us. This is why WE MUST EXPERIENCE GOD

You see if you experience HIM then, Bible revelation can be added to you. But if you don’t experience HIM first then Bible knowledge is just a compilation of facts, they are true, but they don’t have any place of reference, without HIM.

2).Most of my life, at least as far back as I can remember I’ve had a desire and love for God/Jesus.

As I’ve grown older, I’ve seen many things in “Christendom”, I’ve seen communes (come and go in failure). I’ve seen myself and other brothers walk in their own ways (you might call it backsliding).

I’ve been hurt by supposed brothers in Christ, I’ve seen TV preachers act cocky, and ridiculous, I’ve seen people chase tithes and money, I’ve seen people in big churches (faithful tithers) go without help while in need, I’ve seen people chase their own kingdom and building programs.

I’ve seen names in lights (but not Jesus name). I’ve seen people destroyed by the shepherding movement. I’ve seen men of god after devoting their lives to “the ministry” destroyed after a single mistake, instead of forgiven.

On and on I could go… So does any of the above remind you of the book of Acts or the first group of believers?

3).The first century church in the New Testament turned the world upside down in a short time NOT because of their words alone but because of the LIFE residing IN them.

This was a spirit thing, they had and were living LIFE like Jesus 24/7 every moment of each day, a life of submission, pleasing the father, a life defined by others as “seeing they had been with Jesus”.

4). A Christian historian tells a true story about a peasant in the 1600’s living under the rule of the Catholic Church. The peasant is working the field and a cardinal and his procession go by, as they approach the cardinal speaks to the peasant, about a new edict from Rome.

The cardinal quotes a verse of scripture; the peasant replies that the cardinal quoted the verse incorrectly. The cardinal says to the peasant “How would you know, being you are unlearned and illiterate?” The peasant replies: “because the spirit IN ME said you quoted it wrong”!

How true this is, if we only have the book and don’t hear that still small voice on the inside, from the throne of our heart the center of HIS kingdom! Then I fear we miss the most important piece of intimacy, yet HIS Word and HIS scriptures work together.

*Instead we present our Christianity using creeds, doctrines, denominations, religiosity, formalism, and all these things are lifeless.

• Winner
Reactions: JCFantasy23