Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The best news to many from the recent elections is that they are "finally over." Even better news is that the Lord wins every election, and He doesn't even have to run. He is still on the throne. And BTW, God was not taken by surprise to the election outcome, and His kingdom is now closer to coming to the earth where His will is going to be done right here just as it is in heaven.

This is not to dilute the importance of the elections. This is not just sour grapes because the candidate "I preferred" did not win. Whenever I was asked who I thought would win, I said Romney, and I along with many others, thought he could win by a large margin. And BTW, according to The Baptist Press and The Aquila Report, in the last election held in 2008, it is estimated that between 30-40 million evangelical born again Christians did NOT vote in that election... Now, that is shocking to say the least... How did we do this time remains yet to be seen, however, according Eric Bolling, a conservative contributor to "The Five" on Fox News, just last night said that there were 12 million less voters this election than reported in 2008... Not one of the other four of (The Five) disputed that statistic, even the liberal (Bob Beckel) on that panel... If that's true, how many could have voted for Romney, wow... worse yet, how many of those 12 million were Christians..?

Yes, Obama was reelected. The people have spoken, and they chose to let him continue. Christians are commanded to pray for our leaders. Obama is our President for another four years, and I intend to pray for him often. I will especially pray that he is given wisdom and wise, righteous counselors. More than anything, I pray that he will bow his heart to the King of kings. I will pray that he will love the truth and pursue it. (Remember, with God, all things are possible...)

Congress remains divided and so does the nation. With a Democratic Senate and a Republican House, we will have gridlock. It’s good to hear each side saying they want to work together. Let’s not give up hope for this, but until we see it, we have no reason to believe it will happen. (But, let's remember, with God, all things are possible...)

Obama won the election, but he did not win a mandate. Neither party has a mandate, and neither party has much of the confidence of the American people. "Christians" are called to be peacemakers. Could there be a place for this in the healing of our nation? We do not have to compromise our convictions, but we do have to stay in the right Spirit. (Again, with God, all things are possible...)

In a Republic, the government works for the people, not the other way around. That means that when we pray for our leaders, we should above all be praying for the American people. I will be praying the same for the people that I will be praying for the President—that we are given wise, righteous teachers and counselors, that the American Republic would again bow its knee to the King of kings, and that we would love the truth and pursue it... ( and again with God, all things are possible...)

To date, I believe (IMO), that Obama has fulfilled in many ways what the Scripture calls a "wicked leader." He has sided with and promoted what the Bible calls "wickedness," while attacking what the Bible calls "righteousness." Even so, I think at this time he is an accurate reflection of the heart of the nation that has been turning away from God since the 1960s. Many firewalls of the righteousness that our nation has walked in were breeched in this last election. So let’s be praying for our President and the people to turn back to the Lord... (and with God, all things are possible...)

However, consider this... "Could" Obama become one of our greatest Presidents? Interestingly, President Obama, who many think is purposely trying to weaken America and Western civilization, may be the only one who can now turn this nation around and pull us back from the precipice. Obama does not have to run again, and he can do what is right regardless of the political consequences. He has the "potential" to be one of our greatest Presidents, (IF) he is given the illumination, (God's spiritual enlightenment), and then has the courage and the support to follow it. That is how I will be praying. He is in the best position of all to save us from the pending economic doom, but (IF) he doesn't change course, he will go down as the worst President of all time, because the meltdown will begin on his watch. (However, with God, all things are possible)...

Let us be sure that we ourselves never let our hope in "men" eclipse our faith in God, keeping HIM as our first love by growing in our love for HIM. Let us also be vessels of that love for this troubled world. It desperately needs it.

We will all be curious to see when the report comes out about how many evangelical Christians voted in this election and see if it is comparable to the 2008 election results... The scripture in...

2 Chronicles 7:14

"If MY people who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray...
(2012 estimated 80 million evangelicals in America). This could have "again," said it all... IF MY PEOPLE...

Greater works...