If Mexico were white, would there be so much opposition to illegal immigration?

If Mexico were white, would there be so much opposition to illegal immigration?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Argentina is a white Hispanic country. Most of the people who live there are descended from Italian immigrants. Let's say Mexico was a white Hispanic country and there was the same amount of illegal immigration. In this case, do you think there would be just as much opposition to illegal immigration? It's not like you hear anyone complaining about illegal immigration from Ireland (there are approx. 50,000 Irish illegals in the US, and barely anyone says anything about them).
Wasn't that long ago it was the Italians and Irish we wanted to keep out.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
estimates are 30 - 60 millions illegals from mexico....

1 millions illegals in california alone got drivers license in the last 2 years......

a recent study from the University of California's Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration estimates that about 7 percent of California residents –
more than 2.6 million people – are in the state illegally.

i would believe the 30-60 million illegal estimate is acurate....

in contrast there is around 100,000 illegals from canada....
big difference

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why did Canada's immigration website crash on election night, but not Mexico's?
Because Canada is one of best countries in world to live in?

Economist Intelligence Unit's 2018 ranking of the world's most liveable cities

Most liveable cities 2018:
1. Vienna, Austria
2. Melbourne, Australia
3. Osaka, Japan
4. Calgary, Canada
5. Sydney, Australia
6. Vancouver, Canada
7. (tie) Toronto, Canada
7. (tie) Tokyo, Japan
9. Copenhagen, Denmark
10. Adelaide, Australia

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am against illegal immigration, and it’s not a race issue. I don’t care where anyone’s background is from, if they are here illegally, they should not be receiving welfare benefits or jobs. We need to take care of our own people before we can take care of people who are coming illegally.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

1 millions illegals in california alone got drivers license in the last 2 years......

a recent study from the University of California's Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration estimates that about 7 percent of California residents –

big difference
Where are you getting these numbers from? Every estimate I can find is in the 11-12 million range for all undocumented immigrants., with about half of those being Mexican.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian

big difference
I think those numbers are wrong.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Because Canada is one of best countries in world to live in?

Certainly a better country to live in than Mexico, and for the same reason Trump's opponents were uninterested in moving to Mexico after the election, Trump's supporters are uninterested in Mexico moving here...

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hmm? Mayans are not extinct people.
Okay, I deleted my reply before someone could give me a Stupidest Post of 2018 award. :) Yes I know they are not extinct, I was merely saying I'd never seen any. Anyway, I could have just Googled if my brain had been working. But thanks.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No problem. I wasn't sure how to understand what you had written. I should've asked rather than assuming that you meant they were extinct. I'm sorry about that. It was not my intention to make you look or feel stupid. I just figured that it might be a good opportunity to point out a little of the ethnic diversity of the country, since this thread is about Mexico and race, so if you're talking about Mexicans, you could further specify the white/European Mexicans, the mixed Native/European majority, any of the several Indigenous groups, Afro-Mexicans, Arab-Mexicans (who are primarily Christians from Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Iraq), etc. Mexico is easily as diverse of the United States, if not more so. (I haven't seen any kind of comparative stats, but I mean that in the sense that they have every type of person that we have, pretty much, in addition to Native groups that aren't really found this far north.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've always lived in South Central Texas, so I do know a bit about Mexico.

Arab-Mexicans (who are primarily Christians from Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Iraq), etc...
Yep. I'm not sure many Arab Muslims would feel comfortable living in a country with so many places called Matamoros, lol.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've always lived in South Central Texas, so I do know a bit about Mexico.

Ah. A fair point. And in California too, where I am, there is a similar kind of influence. I mean, our capital is named "Sacrament" and the state is dotted with Spanish missions as well as what remains of the native peoples. As the Aztlan political groups like to remind us, this was all once Mexico.

Yep. I'm not sure many Arab Muslims would feel comfortable living in a country with so many places called Matamoros, lol.

Hahaha. Well...it's my instinct to say "pues necesitamos matar a los Moros, no?", but that's not very good...I am 100% for keeping the name, though...just like how I will praise the Russians for their "cross over crescent" crosses symbolizing their victory over Islam, or like how Skanderbeg remains a national hero for the Albanians, despite being a Christian and also an apostate from Islam. The world needs more Skanderbegs.

As they rub their wicked religion all over everything and extol their conquests, then those who successfully kicked them out should do the same with regard to Islamic failure in those places and times when the soldiers of Islam could not successfully assert themselves, so as to emphasize that their false god has not given them dominion over everything, and can't. (See also the Monk of Bet Hale and the Muslim Emir, which is the first ever Syriac-language dispute text on Islam, and makes that same point.)

• Agree
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ah. A fair point. And in California too, where I am, there is a similar kind of influence. I mean, our capital is named "Sacrament" and the state is dotted with Spanish missions as well as what remains of the native peoples. As the Aztlan political groups like to remind us, this was all once Mexico.
There are 5 missions within my city limits. And we have the most famous mission. Na na na na boo boo. :p

upload_2018-8-23_15-11-3.jpeg

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hahaha. Oh...so it's gonna be this kind of thread, huh? Hahaha.

No, that's true. That is the most famous mission. We might have more missions total, though,...I don't know.

Anyway, we'll keep Fort Ross, the historic outpost of the Russian empire and Eastern Orthodoxy in the Western United States, for ourselves, then. Хотите как хотите. :p

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, we'll keep Fort Ross, the historic outpost of the Russian empire and Eastern Orthodoxy in the Western United States, for ourselves, then. Хотите как хотите. :p
I always wondered, when Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house, if she wasn't mistakenly looking down the street at an Orthodox Church. :)

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then why isn't there such an outrage among conservatives for the Irish illegals who are here in the US?
Probably for a similar (but reciprocal) reason that liberals aren't busy championing Irish illegals. (It's easier for a lib to get behind the person who looks the least like an "evil white man".)

IMO - if liberals were as busy trying to abolish or hamstring ICE, change or ignore duly enacted laws, provide legal council, and create special sanctuary cities in relation to the Irish - there would be just as much conservative opposition to the (What shall we call them that would allow liberals to make this about identity politics and make for something that liberals could use to disparage the average white man?) "red headed?" Irish problem as there is concerning (What shall we call them?) "kind of brownish" illegals.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Argentina is a white Hispanic country. Most of the people who live there are descended from Italian immigrants. Let's say Mexico was a white Hispanic country and there was the same amount of illegal immigration. In this case, do you think there would be just as much opposition to illegal immigration? It's not like you hear anyone complaining about illegal immigration from Ireland (there are approx. 50,000 Irish illegals in the US, and barely anyone says anything about them).

As a veteran Native American social justice and political activist, I agree with you on this. I base my opinion on my 27 years of experience as a social justice and political activist and on my experiences while growing up in a pre-dominantly white conservative Republican town (see my post here).

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As a veteran Native American social justice and political activist, I agree with you on this. I base my opinion on my 27 years of experience as a social justice and political activist and on my experiences while growing up in a pre-dominantly white conservative Republican town (see my post here).
You agree with a "yes" or "no" question?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You agree with a "yes" or "no" question?

I agree with the premise of the OP concerning the complaints against illegal immigration. The poll is "If Mexico were white, would there be so much opposition to illegal immigration?" I answered no.

Upvote 0