If love is the acid test of our Christian walk.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother, I have now asked three times that your back and forth discussion with Steve be taken to another thread. I have asked politely. I will continue to do so. However, the whole basis of of this post is to share what God has asked me to share. I pray all are open to the amazing message that God, in His mercy shared with me. If you have specific questions, I will be more than happy to try to answer them.

However, I am not looking for debate here. If you disagree with what I am sharing, feel free to address it in a post that you open. If you disagree with another poster, simply PM him and the two of you can try to convince the other f the error you see them harboring. Is that not reasonable and fair? Thanks.

Gids

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Brother, I have now asked three times that your back and forth discussion with Steve be taken to another thread. I have asked politely. I will continue to do so. However, the whole basis of of this post is to share what God has asked me to share. I pray all are open to the amazing message that God, in His mercy shared with me. If you have specific questions, I will be more than happy to try to answer them.

However, I am not looking for debate here. If you disagree with what I am sharing, feel free to address it in a post that you open. If you disagree with another poster, simply PM him and the two of you can try to convince the other f the error you see them harboring. Is that not reasonable and fair? Thanks.

Gids
okay. If that was for me though, you've asked me twice now, and my last post I thought was in line with the question posed in the OP. Apparently I was wrong. So I'll just answer your OP question this way now, "Not well". At least for many of us

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matt 25:31-46 tells us we'll be judged on the works we've done "for the least of these". These are the works, of love, spoken of in Eph 2:10.

IOW, nothing that is done, no commandment that is obeyed, has any worth unless motivated by love. And that's why the Greatest Commandments are what they are. Otherwise we're still "under the Law".

No. The Law is the Old Testament Law of Moses. Paul never referred to the Law as in reference to the commands of Jesus Christ and His followers. Paul always referred to the Law (generically speaking) as in reference to the 613 laws given to Moses. We are not under the old contract but a new contract (New Covenant).

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Gids

Well, I hope you are not referring to me, brother. I have already moved the discussion on Pacifism already to another thread after you expressed your concern; And I have not replied to Steve's replies here in this thread on that topic.

Anyways, may God bless you.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL, I think I will call it a day on this thread. Thank you everyone for taking the time to read here. If you have any questions about what has been shared, feel free to PM me.

Blessings to all

Gids

P.S. For any interested, I think I will continue this on a blog. For those blessed or curious, feel free to continue reading as I try my best to lay out what God has and continues to lead me to share. Again, any real seeking questions of things I share that you cannot wrap your head around, you simply have to message me and I will do my best to answer you. As well, most of us know other believers who are secretly o4 openly struggling with some sort of sin or depression or lack of victory. I hope you feel what is being shared may help them and invite them to follow along.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. The Law is the Old Testament Law of Moses. Paul never referred to the Law as in reference to the commands of Jesus Christ and His followers. Paul always referred to the Law (generically speaking) as in reference to the 613 laws given to Moses. We are not under the old contract but a new contract (New Covenant).
I'd love to reply but in respect to Gid, I won't here.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'd love to reply but in respect to Gid, I won't here.

I don't see why we could not discuss it. It would be on topic - IMO.

But it appears he does not want any disagreement to what he stated on what the acid test actually is according to the Bible; While I disagree with his method of discussion, so as to allow disagreement, I will respect how he wants things to be discussed, seeing it is his thread. So I have started a new thread topic where you can reply to my previous post to you (within that thread).

What is the acid test for abiding in Christ (who is our salvation) according to the Bible?

Anyways, thank you for being respectful.
May God bless you.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why we could not discuss it. It would be on topic - IMO.

But it appears he does not want any disagreement to what he stated on what the acid test actually is according to the Bible; While I disagree with his method of discussion, so as to allow disagreement, I will respect how he wants things to be discussed, seeing it is his thread. So I have started a new thread topic where you can reply to my previous post to you (within that thread).

What is the acid test for abiding in Christ (who is our salvation) according to the Bible?

Anyways, thank you for being respectful.
May God bless you.
okay, I'll quote you from this thread if that works, and reply to you on the new one. Might be awhile at this point though

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
okay, I'll quote you from this thread if that works, and reply to you on the new one. Might be awhile at this point though

Whenever you get the chance. No pressure.

Blessings to you in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.