If love does no wrong, how does love go to war with Russia?

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me, but what you are stating is merely an argument for Eastern Orthodox Christians in Ukraine and Russia to work together to stamp out the Soviet-imposed atheism and the perverse neo-Paganism of rodnovery by for example working together to teach people Orthodoxy and the evils of abortion, homosexuality and the practice of cremation within the context of clean Christian living, and to increase monastic and clerical vocations. And this must be a collaborative process, devoid of any lingering resentment between either group. Furthermore, it must be coordinated with the Church of Georgia, the Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian and Belarussian Orthodox churches that remain under the Moscow Patriarchate, and the Old Believers, as well as the Armenians and other Oriental Orthodox such as the small population of Assyrians and Syriac Orthodox in Moscow, and also as much as possible, which should be quite a lot I should say, with the Ukrainian Greek Catholics, the Ruthenian Greek Catholics and the Roman Catholics resident in the former Soviet Union.

How can UOC work together with ROC now, if they justify the military attack on Ukraine and call on their people to mobilize?
Can a father say to one son: kill the other? The Pope blessed Hitler to invade Poland and USSR, and the Patriarch of Moscow blessed Putin's troops to attack Ukraine.

I will repeat that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is now in such a position that the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia was in under Stalin. They are united by a common history, but separated by today's actions.

We are now on different warships that are firing one at the other. And if the UOC is busy helping the crew of its ship to patch up holes so that everyone does not go to the bottom together, then the ROC helps the crew of its ship to shoot (not to generalize, I’ll say that in the Russian Orthodox Church there are clergy who speak against the war, but they are few and they are an exception). We have no choice: if the ship is sunk, then everyone (both Christians and non-Christians) will go to the bottom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0