up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To adore him is not enough. Jesus expects a huge change in us and our attitudes. Most when confronted with that would rebel or argue, being too caught up in their theology to see the simplicity of His truth. No more putting self first, no more self determining who was worthy of your love or help.

Jesus' Gospel was the Gospel of the Kingdom. Most Christians don't even know what that is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
....And posted threads, how do you think He would be treated?

Would he be loved or hated?

Would the majority, here, attempt to [also] prove Him wrong?

How many would want to learn from Him?

As a Christian, I'm a "little Christ." Consider - how do people treat me here? Am I loved or hated? Do the majority try to prove me wrong? How many want to learn from me? I feel the way I'm treated is a hint as to how Jesus would be treated.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Don't forget. By comparison, Jesus did not teach Christian theology. His only mission was the Gospel of the Kingdom. Christians are better suited to follow a religion than the man. They are quick to relate to the messenger but not the message.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

He would both be loved and hated as I also preach only what Jesus preached and have love and hate.

• Prayers
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Short answer:
Lol.

Longer answer:
He would be hated by many, derided, persecuted, argued against, ridiculed, warned by staff/banned with unjust, contradictory and hypocritical rulings and decisions, thought of as wicked, have others attempt to humiliate him and make him ashamed, etc.

How his children are treated is evidence of this. If they persecuted Christ, his children will be persecuted as the servant is not greater than his Lord. They threw accusations into the teeth of God, and will do so to his sons and daughters.

Just because people claim Christ doesn't make them Christians. Christians are evidenced by the love they have for one another. People claimed to be Jewish because they were descendents of Abraham, and yet they murdered the Jewish God. No difference here, times do not change, darkness will always hate and gnash against light.

However, he would teach the humble on the forum and would bring a lot of light into the forum like there never has been. He would stump those who are very sure of their vain philosophies, and no rhetoric could match his.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Many would fail to recognize Him in the first place.

The Pharisees / Jews had lifetime of study of scriptures, including prophecies of the coming of the Messiah. But most failed to interpret the scriptures correctly and did not recognize Him. Most accused Him of heresy instead.

With many denominational doctrines as outcome of "cherry-picking" verses from the Bible, I doubt modern Christians would fare better than the Pharisees. They would crucify Him again if opportunity presents itself.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He would quiet a lot of people, then a few would call him satanic, he would reply with the truth that they are of their father the devil, and he would be banned by moderators for flaming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.