If Jesus is God, can these verses be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inan3

Veteran Saint
Jul 22, 2007
West of the Mississippi
✟12,875.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Joh 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

According to the scripture above, there are 3 members not one but THREE that bear record in Heaven. The Father, The Word, and the Holy Ghost....AND these 3 are one...ONE God.

God is made up of the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. All three are God and God is all three.

The simplest way to explain the Trinity is using the family.

ONE family but 3 persons in it. The father, the mother and the child.

PLEASE do not think or say that I am saying. God is a family. or that Jesus is the mother and the Holy Spirit is the child. I am NOT saying anything even close to that.

I am just using the family as an example of ONENESS but being comprised of more than one.

Just as there is ONE body but many members.

It is still ONE Body. ALL the members of that ONE body are not the SAME member with another name they are different members having different functions.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

The Body is God's concept. He created it. He understood it because. God is ONE with several members. The Father, the Son or Word, and the Holy Ghost.

As the question was asked in 1 Co 12:19 about the body, we could ask the same regarding the Godhead, IF ALL members, of the Trinity, or Godhead, or God, were all ONE member, where would be the Godhead? Where would be the Trinity? Where would be God? God is not God without all three. All three are God together. Each is God but they are all ONE.

God as God IS, would not be the same God, if it were only 1 or 2 of them. God IS the 3 of them together making ONE God.

Just as a finger would not be the Body with out the rest. So God is not complete without all three. Just as there is not a family of 1. There is also, not a God of 1.

Jesus prayed in John 17 that Christians would be ONE as THEY were ONE. Assuming that you are a Christian and I am a Christian, in line with the teaching that the Father is Jesus and Jesus is the Father, then that would mean that you are me and I am you.

This, of course, is a gross injustice to the meaning of that scripture just as saying Jesus is the Father and the Father is Jesus. Coupled with the fact that there are a myriad of scriptures that would make Jesus look like a deceiver in His speech to and about the Father if He were actually the Father.

As to seeing the Father when you see Jesus that is much easier explained than why Jesus would talk to the Father when He was the Father.

Jesus tells us over and over again that He only says those things that the Father tells Him to say and that He only does those things that the Father tells Him to do. He in turn tells us to do and say the things He commands us to say and do and in doing so we are His representation in the earth.

This is merely a case of obedience on both Jesus' part and on ours.

We are NOT Jesus because we do and say the things He commands us but we do show what and who He is when we do.

I submit that we make this too difficult by trying to make it more than it is. Be at peace Brethren and let the Word of God live within you and through you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.