If Jesus could be turned into an Elephant, He truly could be the elephant in the room?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So this is a crazy thought I had about Evolution. I am posting it here, because basically I hate getting mired with this sought of hyperbole: it's like the Holy Spirit says "you wanted to argue the point, make an argument, make a case". Only then the argument seems repetitive and the case seems over the top. But of course, I trust my brothers and sisters that they are better able to meet the challenge of the ruse that is Evolution, than I am on my own. I guess that is in the sense that if we really put our heads together, we could come up with something great - something that truly edified the Lord, rather than take Him down a peg, to prove an intellectual conundrum.

I mean, spiritually, Jesus could get His inspiration from anywhere - not just the jungle, not just from nature - and if He can do that, He knows the best possible argument for Creation: all we have to do is work together, until He is edified. Edified far more greatly than "an elephant". The time will come when we can all joke about it and look at it from angles that humour us, rather than the onerous task present one objection after another to Evolutionists. Maybe the point is that they would rather make Him like "them", than be like Him for them. That is really where I get stuck.

If it were just the case that attrition would change the point, I don't think the Lord would be interested either way - He frequently turned people who were expecting things to go their way, away from Him. It is a real relationship with Evolution that Jesus wants, I just wonder how obscene the offence will be, before people start to give credit where credit is due: the gospels teach that the love of many will go cold, so it is not hard to believe that the window for saving people from Evolution is not long going to be open. I defer to the Holy Spirit, as to how seriously this should be taken.

Anyway, just thanks guys, for not hating me, understanding that I am struggling with an anti-Christian concept, but could trust in Jesus more. I want to do that: I want to trust Jesus with a, then b, then c. I do have to be patient. It is wrong that people take offence at the way I reason about these matters; I do no one harm, I affirm nothing that would poison the soul. God will put people in their place, the less they reason with Him - if they want eternal punishment, rather than life with Him, He will give it to them in full measure. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Be blessed. In this world we will have tribulation, but take heart: Jesus has overcome the world (gospels, from memory)

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyway, just thanks guys, for not hating me, understanding that I am struggling with an anti-Christian concept, but could trust in Jesus more.

Creationism is not so much "anti-Christian" as it is "non-Christian." There are many creationists; some of them happen to be Christian. But that is not a Christian belief. It is found among Muslims more often than it is found among Christians, for example.

I want to trust Jesus with a, then b, then c. I do have to be patient.

Once you do trust Him, this will cease to bother you. It's just not something He cares about. What you think of the way He made living things, is not going to harm your salvation, unless you make that your focus and lose your relationship with Him.

Just let go of it, and trust Him alone. And then you will have peace.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0