✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This really is a point for discussion I hope, it sort of banged me on the head that it is a simplified version of what our minister in England had told me was part of the European Jewish wedding vows, that it is the responsibility of the husband to make his wife happy (and by reciprocity vice versa if it is truly followed by the husband).

Somehow in my years as a born-again adult baptised Christian this had never come up among all the ten commandments and beatitudes and gospels and Romans and Revelation, and works and grace.

But it is now core to my life, any thoughts?

(along with the flip side to reduce suffering of self and others and hopefully both)

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. (Deuteronomy 24:5, 1984 NIV)

Theoretically, both husband and wife will be happiest in the long-term if each

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ (bold mine, Mark 12:30, 1984 NIV)

because God will adjust you and work in and around you to take care of everything else (Luke 10:39,42; Matthew 6:33; Philippians 4:19; and others).

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0