If I believe that Jesus died for my sins and rose again am I permanently saved?

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said this:
"The Bible describes eternal life as a gift of God in Rom 6:23.

The Bible describes the gifts of God as irrevocable in Rom 11:29."
Mr. Out-Of-Context, aka Mr. Outside Darkness, quit taking Romans 11 out of context.
Really? Out of context, you claim. Please direct me to ANY verse in ch 11 where Paul describes ANY gift to the Jews. If he did, then ch 11 WOULD be the immediate context for 11:29.

But we all know that Paul NEVER did such a thing. But he DID describe 3 of God's gifts previously within that SAME EPISTLE to the Romans, thus making those 3 gifts of God DIRECT CONTEXT for 11:29.

1. spiritual gifts in 1:11
2. justification in 3:24 and 5:15,16,17
3. eternal life in 6:23

All of these specific gifts are CONTEXT for 11:29.

No one has shown otherwise. Mere claims to the contrary prove nothing.

In fact, the word "gift" doesn't occur anywhere between Rom 6:23 and 11:29.

The gifts mentioned in Romans 11, are the gifts of mercy to the children of Israel. Get it straight.
And what verse or passage would lead anyone to that conclusion?? Where did Paul EVER speak of God's mercy to Israel as a gift?

You don't believe seeing, hearing, and speech are gifts from God, because your interpretation of 'irrevocable' gifts won't allow it. Our natural life in our bodies are gifts from God.
You're still not getting it. The issue isn't what you'd like to LIMIT as gifts of God. The issue is WHAT Paul himself described as gifts of God before he penned 11:29. Those 3 gifts (spiritual gifts in 1:11, justification in 3:24 and 5:15,16,17 and eternal life in 6:23) HAVE TO BE context for 11:29, as they are the ONLY GIFTS that Paul mentioned before he penned 11:29.

The only reason to deny that those 3 specifically mentioned gifts of God are context for 11:29 is because one simply doesn't want to believe that eternal life is irrevocable.

What is life if it isn't a gift from God?
Irrelevant to the letter to the Romans. Paul specifically mentioned 3 of God's gifts and THEN noted that God's gifts are irrevocable.

It is absurd and irrational to divorce what Paul CALLED gifts of God from what he said about God's gifts in 11;29.

Esp since no one has shown any kind of gift in 11:29 that applies only to Jews.

A loan you must pay back?
Paul wasn't describing loans. Irrelevant to the discussion. Please acknowledge what Paul DID note as gifts of God.

Is life something you earned?
Paul wasn't describing life as a gift. So irrelevant to the discussion. Please acknowledge what Paul DID note as gifts of God.

What did you pay for your life? From whom did you buy it?
Totally irrelevant and just a smokescreen in order to deflect away from what Paul DID deswcribe as gifts of God in the epistle that tells us that God's gifts are irrevocable.

Upvote 0

AJTruth

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
winter haven fl
✟22,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you've confessed with your mouth, Jesus died for your sins & believed in your heart, that Jesus was resurrected.

Then you're saved:

Don't vacillate it's not scriptural.

Your salvation is secure, ETERNAL!

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified

Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed. He is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven

Rom 8:
33 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies (Declares Righteous)

34 Jesus Christ died, and has risen again, he sits at the right hand of God, and (Jesus) makes intercession for us

Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate & judge as our Savior

Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (Jn 3:3; Tit 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken

The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (Jn 14:17; Eph 1:13 & 14 Rom 8:9) & baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" & detached from the Body of Christ

Jn 3:15 states whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today & have eternal life, but can lose it tomorrow. Then it was never "eternal" at all.

Jn 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God """hath""" (Past tense ALREADY done) given to us eternal life, and this life is in (Believing In) his Son.

1 John 5:13 I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; """that ye may know that ye have eternal life""" and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The most conclusive argument found in Scripture:
Rom 8:
38 "For I am convinced that neither death or life, neither angels or demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers,

39 neither height or depth, or anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you.

Once we are saved we are always saved. Our salvation is eternally secure! Maranatha

Upvote 0