Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel that I will no longer be hurt by men and that even though I dont want to involve myself with anyone, it will heal my identity as a feminine woman. Would God still love me if I become lesbian?

Just to be clear, a lesbian is a woman who in fact involves her self with another woman sexually. In this statement, you say that " even though you don't want to involve yourself with ANYONE " , it will heal your identity as a " feminine " woman.

It's amazing how this is a sexist comment against your own sex ( gender ).
Besides that comedic comment..

God will not LOVE YOU, for being disobedient to His Will. He can not, because He will not. He didn't DIE on the CROSS for people to CONTINUE to be in their sin. One of the many being homosexuality.

How dare you think that God approves of such a thing based on your emotional trauma with humans. To think that YOU get some special pass to do this wicked thing based on how you " personally feel "

Do not allow emotionalism to pervert your view of God because it will most assuredly lead you away from Him and into the fierce reality of His Wrath.

I'm quite sympathetic to you that you had to deal with such a thing as being raped. I am not at all giving you a cold shoulder in that traumatic experience. However, I will enlighten you that this is exactly how the DEVIL steals, kills, and destroys humans. He comes at you during times like YOURS. KICKS YOU while you're already down. Tells you a lie and caters to your emotions to pervert your outlook on life. This is how the devil works.

The devil wants you to become a lesbian based on the feelings of trauma and fear given to you by an experience of wickedness from wicked men and a " masculine " woman. (( Still need to address your sexist comments ))

The life is filled with trauma, drama, and horror stories but do realize and learn more on who God is.

From which both good and calamity comes from.. Isaiah 45:7

Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
"Better to try and steal cubs from its mother than to talk a fool out of its folly" (book of proverbs)

Know when to call it quits guys. Some people on here are not looking for a debate they have made their minds up regardless of what anyone says.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Better to try and steal cubs from its mother than to talk a fool out of its folly" (book of proverbs)

Know when to call it quits guys. Some people on here are not looking for a debate they have made their minds up regardless of what anyone says.

Sometimes I like to converse with people like that to get to the heart of where they get the ideas they have. It can be a lesson in how we can become deceived at such a fundamental level and be led so far astray.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SkyWriting, Are you saying that the Apostles letters are in error? Do you believe the Bible to be the infallible and inspired word of God?
Deuteronomy 12:32 See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it

You seem a bit judgmental.
Which version, in which language is the one you refer to?

Deuteronomy 12:32 Chinese Bible
Deuteronomy 12:32 French Bible
Deuteronomy 12:32 German Bible

New International Version
See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

New Living Translation
"So be careful to obey all the commands I give you. You must not add anything to them or subtract anything from them.

English Standard Version
“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it.

New American Standard Bible
"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

King James Bible
What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You must be careful to do everything I command you; do not add anything to it or take anything away from it."

International Standard Version
Now as to everything I'm commanding you, you must be careful to observe it. Don't add to or subtract from it."

NET Bible
You must be careful to do everything I am commanding you. Do not add to it or subtract from it!

New Heart English Bible
Whatever thing I command you, that you shall observe to do: you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Be sure to do everything I command you. Never add anything to it or take anything away from it.

JPS Tanakh 1917
All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

New American Standard 1977
“Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Keep thyself, and do all that I command you; thou shalt not add to it nor diminish from it.

King James 2000 Bible
Whatsoever thing I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor take away from it.

American King James Version
What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

American Standard Version
What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Douay-Rheims Bible
What I command thee, that only do thou to the Lord: neither add any thing, nor diminish.

Darby Bible Translation
Everything that I command you, ye shall take heed to do it; thou shalt not add thereto, nor take from it.

English Revised Version
What thing soever I command you, that shall ye observe to do: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Webster's Bible Translation
Whatever thing I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add to it, nor diminish from it.

World English Bible
Whatever thing I command you, that you shall observe to do: you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Young's Literal Translation
The whole thing which I am commanding you -- it ye observe to do; thou dost not add unto it, nor diminish from it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I like to converse with people like that to get to the heart of where they get the ideas they have. It can be a lesson in how we can become deceived at such a fundamental level and be led so far astray.

I don't attend churches and am a reader of 20 years.
Chuck Swindoll was my preferred preacher.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You seem a bit judgmental.
Which version, in which language is the one you refer to?

Deuteronomy 12:32 Chinese Bible
Deuteronomy 12:32 French Bible
Deuteronomy 12:32 German Bible

New International Version
See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

New Living Translation
"So be careful to obey all the commands I give you. You must not add anything to them or subtract anything from them.

English Standard Version
“Everything that I command you, you shall be careful to do. You shall not add to it or take from it.

New American Standard Bible
"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

King James Bible
What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You must be careful to do everything I command you; do not add anything to it or take anything away from it."

International Standard Version
Now as to everything I'm commanding you, you must be careful to observe it. Don't add to or subtract from it."

NET Bible
You must be careful to do everything I am commanding you. Do not add to it or subtract from it!

New Heart English Bible

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Be sure to do everything I command you. Never add anything to it or take anything away from it.

JPS Tanakh 1917
All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

New American Standard 1977
“Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Keep thyself, and do all that I command you; thou shalt not add to it nor diminish from it.

King James 2000 Bible
Whatsoever thing I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor take away from it.

American King James Version
What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
What I command thee, that only do thou to the Lord: neither add any thing, nor diminish.

Darby Bible Translation
Everything that I command you, ye shall take heed to do it; thou shalt not add thereto, nor take from it.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
Whatever thing I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add to it, nor diminish from it.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
The whole thing which I am commanding you -- it ye observe to do; thou dost not add unto it, nor diminish from it.

Take your pick! Which version are you in disagreement with?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

We have 2 things in common here! I haven't attended a church in about 20 years, but I do listen to Chuck Swindoll on the radio most nights, followed by Greg Laurie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Take your pick! Which version are you in disagreement with?

Any that adds or subtracts a word or even one cross on a "t" I guess
is the rule I'm supposed to follow.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then there's nothing anyone can do ,
although perhaps it is true,
what is impossible with man,
is possible with God >>>> (sometimes He does the impossible) >>>....

??? not worth it !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then there's nothing anyone can do

Oh Chuck and I separated ways a decade ago.
Nice try though.

When he supported "No women leaders"
I knew he was not following Gods advice.

In everything then, do unto others as you would have them
do unto you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been tortured and raped by two men and a masculine woman repeatedly during my kidnapping. I feel that feminine women would not have hurt me that way. I feel that men designed my torture and that they knew everything that would happen to me and let it happen. I feel that if I become a lesbian, asexual, I will have peace in my thoughts. I feel that I will no longer be hurt by men and that even though I dont want to involve myself with anyone, it will heal my identity as a feminine woman. Would God still love me if I become lesbian?
I worked with a girl who hadn't came out yet but I suspected was a Lesbian. Seven years she was one of my best friends there, we talked while she was still training me when I first started how she was molested as a child by her father. I for the life of me couldn't blame her, the rule of thumb for me is we know what, God knows why.

God loves you no matter what, when Satan is cast down into the fires of perdition God doesn't celebrate, he mourns the loss. As long as you can repent God can forgive, sometimes that means submitting to God as you are and trusting him to make you what he wants you to be.

I think you need time to heal and I do hope you have a good support system because there's healing in that. There is nothing in Scripture forbidding celibacy but I would advise caution jumping to conclusions about your sexual orientation.

I do have one suggestion that might help and this might sound like the cart before the horse. Try to find others who have suffered the same kind of trauma and try to help them through it. I was in Alcoholics Anonymous for five years and I seen it work again and again, the more they got involved in supporting others the more stable their recovery. Just a thought really but I'll just add, there is power in service.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its not your place to judge the lifestyle of others
unless you wish us to judge yours.

And yes, some of those passages do fail the above two sentences.
But those "passing judgment" passages do not claim:
For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

Wow! And you claim "Berean through and through"? The Bereans were very eager to hear the teachings of Paul and Silas. The Bereans examined what they heard by comparing to Scriptures. They have been an example of how we should respond to biblical teaching by investigating in comparison with The Bible...a wonderful modle for all who desire to grow spiritually in TRUTH.

After 20 years, no longer do I repeat creeds.

What do creeds have to do with whether you believe scripture to be the TRUELY inspired of God and inerrant? I've never repeated or recited a creed in my life. I do live my life based on The Bible and what it declares God's will for man to be reconciled through HIS son, Jesus Christ. To walk as Jesus walked and live by HIS words that speak LIFE. "Go and sin no more" means just that. Sin = death. Faith in God means doing what HE commands...according to scripture by the power of the Holy Spirit indwelling our inner most parts. All else is doctrines of man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! And you claim "Berean through and through"? The Bereans were very eager to hear the teachings of Paul and Silas. The Bereans examined what they heard by comparing to Scriptures. They have been an example of how we should respond to biblical teaching by investigating in comparison with The Bible...a wonderful model for all who desire to grow spiritually in TRUTH.

And when the person credited as Paul calls out particular sins
and says women should shut up in church, then that writer
must be rejected, according to scripture.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Becoming a lesbian or a homosexual is not something that you suddenly decide to do. It is a process of self discovery often taking many painful years of denial and self loathing.

And you know this personally?
Or just something you've heard.
Becasue I know quite a few gays
who don't fit your accusations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So you don't even do this yourself, while telling others to do it !

When he supported "No women leaders"
I knew he was not following Gods advice.
"You knew" .... yet you did not do what you want others to do to you ....
uh huh.

And when the person credited as Paul calls out particular sins
and says women should shut up in church, then that writer
must be rejected, according to scripture.
So you reject the Apostle Paul ? If so - this makes everything clear now.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.