If Heaven is paradise, why can't I bring certain things with me?

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Nope, that's not the reason why.
The reason is two fold.
1.What we have here on Earth is just a shadow of what we will have in heaven.
2. The values in Heaven are different than they are on Earth.
Take gold, for instance: On Earth it is a precious metal, and worth lots of money.
In Heaven it is pavement that we walk on.

Amen.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Heaven is paradise and if we still have our free will, then why is it that I can't bring certain things
I was told that Scarlett Johannson would have to want to go with me.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to also put it this way. If I ask and have a dream of a specific kind of house in mind, a small ranch, I could just get that small ranch and nothing more or less.

Another thing is that none of us humans are really all-powerful and are like ants. But God is the only supreme all-powerful being with no other competition and he is in theory able to punish wicked people here and now but instead wills that we be patient and he will get to them "eventually". The only people who get to have a might-is-right pass is God and the Devil and his minions here. The rest of us good people are just supposed to be pacifist and meek. It's like I'm a pawn in this existential game of chess.
Hmmm, let's start with that small ranch. That would be a fine request for God to fulfill on Earth, but no ranch runs itself.
In Heaven we don't work. Work was a concept that God invented for man, (after the fall from grace) as a punishment. Our life in Heaven is one of continual praise, and rejoicing, and feasting, and learning from God.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I believe if I had certain things on earth I should be allowed to keep them or get an even better version in Heaven, or else it is literally a manipulation of our free will.
Fortunately for all of us, God has a better plan.
First, Heaven is not like Earth.
Thank God! In Heaven, God Himself is our provision.
On Earth we have to work, but in Heaven there is no work. God provides whatever we need.

Upvote 0