• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

If GOP stands for White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it's not going to win anything

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SummerMadness, May 3, 2021.

1. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Ha...thats pretty darn good. Did you come up with that?

2. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Nonetheless they are the parents of racism and Jim Crow......a legacy I have no intention of letting them forget about......especially when they try to throw the race card at white republicans.......

3. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,146
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
  4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Have fun with that, I guess.

5. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I will......it's a blast......seeing them stumble around disoriented. You gotta remember, most democrats, who tend to be on the younger side, were not around during Jim Crow and the democrats rule of the south......and they flounder when faced with evidence of their parties behavior.

6. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Do you flounder and stumble when people bring to your attention that being an "American" carries the same judgement?

7. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,539
    Non-Denom
    Single
    It's that very same party that makes that judgement.

8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    The judgement is warranted if you think judgement attaches forever to institutions based on historical behaviors.... which is what he's trying to do with the "southern Dem!" game.

9. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Dunno.....nobody has ever provided solid evidence of whatever it is you are trying to communicate......LOL.....

10. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Ahhhhhhh,......now I understand. Is there any evidence you can present that my statement is incorrect?.....not opinion......evidence......

11. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,539
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What I was pointing out is that it's the Dems who are currently making the accusations about America being racist, and just happen to be the ones who also were in favor of Jim Crow laws:

"These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period."

Yet the people they refer to when calling America "systemically racist" are not democrats. They always point their finger in the opposite direction that they should.
    Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia.

12. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Its irrelevant. Thats my point.

Racism was built into America's constitution before the were even Ds and Rs. So you should take the same shame you dish out. Assuming youre American.

13. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    So, no evidence......opinion only......duly noted......

14. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Say what?

Maybe the ones who are 110 years old and dont mind sharing the contemporary D party with the majority of black people. Yeah sure.

15. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,890
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Principled reason. For which you have no answer.

16. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    No one stumbles over racist Southern Democrats, it's a fact of history. What's hilarious is pretending as if that matters now. I think most people understand, the racism someone perpetuates today is far more important than the racism of people that no longer exist. My favorite is watching people embrace the Confederacy arguing it has nothing to do with racism, while doing mental gymnastics to say the Democrats—you know, the people that made up the Confederacy—were racists, but not the failed state they created that enshrined racism as a permanent fixture of its Constitution. They love the "Democrats' flag," but not the Democrats? Yep, they keep dancing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,321
    Agnostic
    Single
    AFAIK.

Feel free to steal it, and we'll see if anyone complains.

18. Oneiric1975

Oneiric1975 Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    This is the most absurd point we hear so much from the Right. As if the Democrat party of the 21st century is the exact same as the one that held control in the South during the 19th century. It is utterly maddening.

But for people who think shallowly if they see the same word it clearly triggers the assumption that it is the same thing.

Like the word "computer" which used to be a woman who did computations. So why is my laptop not wearing a pretty dress? It's a computer! SAME WORD = SAME THING.

19. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,321
    Agnostic
    Single
    And now the Democrats what to undo the system -- and lookie, lookie who's fighting to preserve what they built so long ago.

I guess some folks never got out of the late 19th or early 20th centuries.

20. Oneiric1975

Oneiric1975 Well-Known Member

+665
    United States
    Seeker
    In Relationship
    It is good to always be mindful of our past so as to avoid repeating the same mistakes. That is "growth". The Democrat party grew up and away from the grotesque racism.

America has a history of racism, regardless of party. And it is that history that we need to be ever mindful of so that we, as a nation, can grow and change and become better.