If God wills to give you everything what will you ask?

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
could the non-Orthodox please realize where you are, and stop posting stuff that is contrary to the Orthodox faith?

I would appreciate knowing if this refers to me and if so what statements you find objectionable...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate knowing if this refers to me and if so what statements you find objectionable...

it doesn't, although this forum is not the place non-Orthodox should be discussing things with non-Orthodox.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
could the non-Orthodox please realize where you are, and stop posting stuff that is contrary to the Orthodox faith?

Oh I'm sorry, really the CF should make denomination specific forums locked to the specific denominations.

I'll bow out.

• Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh I'm sorry, really the CF should make denomination specific forums locked to the specific denominations.

I'll bow out.

you don't need to bow out, we welcome the fellowship. just follow the rules.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God gave us everything we need on the Cross; hence, this is why he said, "It is finished." All that's left is His Second Coming. He's done everything for our salvation - which is what is important and what we need. It is only a matter of if we accept His sacrifice and gift. Therefore, it's a matter of free will and choice.

To read this in a different, more worldly way, imo, would give the impression that God is Santa Claus, giving us whatever we wish for or want. As Fr. Barnabas Powell has said, God is neither Zeus nor Santa Claus.

-- my thoughts

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums