If God spoke to you, what do you think God would say?

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Answer this for however you understand God. Even if you don't believe or if you're not sure if you believe in a God at all, just imagine if some sort of divine voice spoke to you.

If you heard God's voice today...what do you think you would hear?
I think I do, in a way, through the various synchronicities that
happen in my life, some of which have been pretty uncanny.
They're either coming from Him or from loved ones on the
Other Side, maybe a combination thereof.

-

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
"
Answer this for however you understand God. Even if you don't believe or if you're not sure if you believe in a God at all, just imagine if some sort of divine voice spoke to you.

Nothing is ever lost in this universe. Every single atom is relevant and matters by virtue of existing. Nothing is insignificant. Eternity exists in every single moment. And the essence of Being is Love "

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If He was talking to me: "Love me with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might."

If He was talking to the world in general: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,315.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I think what God would say is that to have Him as ones reality in life, today where He is needed the most is through Compassion, Empathy, and Service to those in need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Stop listening to voices, believe what I've already told you in the Gospel, and love your neighbor."

-CryptoLutheran

He has told me this before, more or less. Told me to stop listening to so much of what other Christians say and just keep it simple

If we love God and our neighbour we are fulfilling the whole law and we are right with God

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Just walk through this one day at a time.
You know the wonderful plans that I have for you,
and you know the promises that were given to you.
I've got your back, and I love you always."

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
He has told me this before, more or less. Told me to stop listening to so much of what other Christians say and just keep it simple

If we love God and our neighbour we are fulfilling the whole law and we are right with God

Listening to what our sisters and brothers say isn't a bad thing, we should give a discerning ear to what has been said throughout history. The same great cloud of witnesses mentioned by the author of Hebrews are the precious saints who have gone on before us--and if we listen, they are there encouraging us, calling us to keep running the race.

Obviously that doesn't mean everyone's opinion is equally valid, which is why we should be discerning, keeping firm in the faith once and for all delivered.

What I really wanted to stress in my post earlier was that we should pay attention to what God has already said. We have the Gospel, we have God's precious word, the good news of Jesus Christ and the love of God which is for the whole world, calling us to faith, calling us to be centered upon the cross, living in the hope of the resurrection, looking forward to that future and great Day. I am inherently skeptical and suspicious of private spiritual experiences; not because I want to dismiss all of them, but because I have seen Christians turn to such experiences and then begin losing faith in the Gospel. The only thing that is going to hold us together here in this life is the Gospel. When we turn our focus away from Christ and what He has done and what He has promised we are like sailors who steer our ship into sharp rocks, or like a man who chooses to build a house on sand. Our only rock and foundation is Jesus and His Gospel--anything not built on that is shaky and unstable.

I say this as someone who, in my younger years, did exactly this--I made the foundation of my faith and relationship toward God built upon my own experiences, about the feelings I felt while singing in church, and confusing the emotional euphoric high I felt with the Divine Presence, as God's love and grace--that when I did not experience this, I concluded God had abandoned me. I began to see my very own salvation as conditional not on Christ and what He has done, but on my own moral ability. And because no matter how many times I prostrated myself in the privacy of my own room, begging God to make me better, I continued to falter, fail. An endless cycle of despair perpetuated by my own feelings of ineptitude, insecurity, and self-loathing. If I had stayed in that place, I very much doubt I would still be a Christian. The despair would have driven me to faithlessness.

Despair isn't the only thing that can shipwreck faith though, the opposite is also possible. Pride, hubris, arrogance, these too shipwreck our faith. To cope with one's own shortcomings one can either despair, or become arrogant--well I'm not really sinful, I'm not really failing, I'm very spiritual, I'm very close to God, etc. The self-righteousness and false piety of this is no less destructive to faith as is despair.

The Law keeps us humble, reminding us that we are indeed sinners. But the Law cannot make us righteous, it can only show us our own unrighteousness.

The Gospel is what saves us, keeps us grounded in Christ, for here is grace free and limitless, unconditional, freely for all. The love of God that is for sinners, in which we have been forgiven, reconciled to God, and made partakers of God in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us--all of us.

Let us therefore always keep firm in Christ, upon His Gospel. It's the only thing that is going to get us through the day.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0