United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 John God is love.

BUt the atrocities on Christians in Ukraine are horrible.
For example
The Torture Chambers of Balakliya
Oleksandr Shutov was locked up for 36 days. For the first 26 of them, he huddled in a group cell and could hear the screams of other prisoners. Then the guards came for him, attached electric wires to his hands and tormented him with pulses of electricity.
Russian War Atrocities in Ukraine: The Torture Chambers of Balakliya

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
1 John God is love.

For example
Oleksandr Shutov was locked up for 36 days. For the first 26 of them, he huddled in a group cell and could hear the screams of other prisoners. Then the guards came for him, attached electric wires to his hands and tormented him with pulses of electricity.

Jesus never said Christians would not suffer. Have you not read any history about the life of the early Christians. During the Great Persecution by Diocletian, Christians had to endure torture to protect copies of the scriptures from being destroyed by the Romans. The priests and bishops were given an ultimatum by the Roman authorities, either they hand over the scriptures or they would be maimed by losing one eye and having one Achilles' Tendon sliced. Many cowards turned over their copies of the scriptures, but many accepted the horrific consequences of protecting the scriptures from being destroyed.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm I think were missing the wonders great Things He has been doing. Being reported day in day out of what He has been doing. As Christ said if this was my kingdom my servants would fight not allowing you to take me. We know Satan is the god of this world. There is a reason we are to be praying about everything 24/7 and to keep His word before our eyes. The reason we are told what to be thinking, speaking, to have our minds renewed daily. Satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may kill. He never like ever demon every fallen angel do not sleep.

So what we do say and where we go unless we are seeking praying letting Him lead there is nothing God will do to stop us. Its our free choice. We have all authority/power over the enemy but we were not given any power authority over man. God told Israel if you do the same sins as those other nations the earth will spit you out also. Sin in this world still has a price. Just because I am a follower of Christ does not mean I will not suffer at the hands of man...unless I am walking in His ways then HE will as He always has protect me/us. Seen it and have the stories. Short one was walking home in Hollywood one night which is NOT a safe place. But this preacher came and I went to hear him. Walking back to my little truck very very dark streets yet where I just came from I was happy and blessed. As I started to cross the street the lord said "RUN".

Hmm I thought "RUN why I am not scared?" He came right back with "when God tells you to do something you don't question it you just do it". To that I smiled said YES SIR". This was just as I was crossing the street. As I was running off to my left was this big appurtenant building which had double doors but was pitch black in side. Juuuuust as I passed two guys run out jump into this baby blue old car and start driving backwards after me. HAHA ok now..now I am really scared. I run across the street and they are right behind me. I see my little truck on the other side yet what was very odd was there were two big guys in the dark just standing there not talking just standing there. One on the side walk by the passenger door the other on the grass by the front bumper.

The car chasing me sees them and takes off. I jump in my little truck and take off. Was not till some time later I start to think.. why did I have no fear what so ever about those to big men just standing in the dark not talking just standing and only had peace about them?

I remember this story these preachers were in some very bad 3rd world nation and had to go back to the motel yet the one prayed told the lord there army is now there and if we go they will take us and most likely kill us. He just told them to go in. So they did just that. He said they were so scared yet walked in and it was as if no one could see them. As they passed them the preacher looks back and said he saw two rows of angel and they were walking between them. I tend to believe lol stories like this.

I understand what it looks like around us but I don't have faith in that. I have faith in what He said in His word. I always stand on that no matter if its a min or years I do not move. He always keeps His word. Again what I say hear read allow in my life will effect what happens around me and then its like tossing dice. I had a dream on time short is as I got to heaven this small women said "there is no such thing as luck here". I Pray I didnt offend any one if so forgive me

• Informative
Reactions: John Owen
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I've heard this "God is Love" argument many times used to denounce God. It is essentially a strawman of sorts as it limits God to only love and posits that because God does nothing when man sins he is unloving.

When you set God up as "not good" and point to a man's sin and by doing that you are saying God should stop sins that you don't approve of yet if you look in the mirror he allows you to enjoy sinning as you please.
Instead of showing "God is Love" by stopping sin, God forgave our sins by submitting himself to torture and death on the cross. Those who refuse to believe in God won't just suffer in this life but the next for God is more than Love but the final Judge for folks that do evil in this life.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟287,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

1 John God is love.

Yes, God is love.

What Oleksandr met was not God.

When you open the door of your heart to something, or close the door of your heart to something, choose wisely.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John God is love.

For example
does everyone forget africa?? Christians are beheaded daily villages slaughtered...but this earth is not our home...if it was we would of fought when they came for Christ... this isnt even the tormoil yet...but with the rfdi u.n. digital id system time seems fast approching though the date only God knows.....be at peace though for Christ overcame the world and if we are His so will we

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The real question here--and it's a substantial question--is "Why is there such hate among Christians for Christians that we even go to war against one another?"

If we believe there is a Holy Spirit who is our supernatural counselor and chastiser abiding within each of us, how can that happen? Oh, sure, someone here and there is lying to the Holy Spirit (we have examples in scripture), but how can it be so great that entire "Christian" nations can go to war against one another?

That's a valid and tough question. In my opinion, that's the only tough question for Christians to answer.

My only response is, "There aren't really that many Christians in the world."

• Agree
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
if man listened to God earth would not be wicked , by rebellion of man the world is wicked and sad

But man is in the fallen state since Adam and Eve.

There is a thin line dividing the heart of man, where he can choose good or evil.
I believe this comes from Solzhenitsyn in the book, "The Gulag Archipelago."

Many choose evil believing it's good for themselves.

As a philosopher said, "true freedom isn't having the privilege of choosing
between good and evil but having the ability to choose only good." God
alone can choose only good.

• Winner
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But man is in the fallen state since Adam and Eve.

There is a thin line dividing the heart of man, where he can choose good or evil.
I believe this comes from Solzhenitsyn in the book, "The Gulag Archipelago."

Many choose evil believing it's good for themselves.

As a philosopher said, "true freedom isn't having the privilege of choosing
between good and evil but having the ability to choose only good." God
alone can choose only good.
humanity too quickly forgets its history...as Bible says dog returns to its vomit ...how true it is for humanity as well...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums