If God allowed me to be wealthy, what should I do?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I live in the United States, and I would say I am doing well financially. I have a Home that is paid off, same with a car, no debt. I am making around $90,000 a year, and my career has the potential to make up to $250,000 a year after 5 years, with a maximum salary of $500,000 a year.

I am inheriting wealth as well, 3 million dollars' worth of assets.

Is this enough money to start a non-profit? What does the United States need the most?

I have been interested in helping out to stop crime, Help provide mental health services, and services to help those that have substance abuse disorders.
Maybe there is something else I should shift my focus on., I don't know.

Is this enough money to start a non-profit? Should I start planning now as I progress through my career. I work in Commerical Real Estate, and I know how to manage, as well as plan out projects financially. With these skills what can I do? I have gone to college for Business administration and Management, as well as Finance.

So far I have helped volunteer at a soup kitchen, I believe there is so much more I can do.

I'm sure that helping people out more often as a volunteer is what God would want me to do, rather than focusing on increasing my wealth only. Am I in the position?

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The LORD absolutely does want you to help those in need, be you rich or poor.
With that being said and being that I've no experience or advice to give
Will pray for you , Brother.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I live in the United States, and I would say I am doing well financially. I have a Home that is paid off, same with a car, no debt. I am making around $90,000 a year, and my career has the potential to make up to $250,000 a year after 5 years, with a maximum salary of $500,000 a year.

Is this enough money to start a non-profit? What does the United States need the most?

I have been interested in helping out to stop crime, Help provide mental health services, and services to help those that have substance abuse disorders.

Is this enough money to start a non-profit? Should I start planning now as I progress through my career. I work in Commerical Real Estate, and I know how to manage, as well as plan out projects financially. With these skills what can I do? I have gone to college for Business administration and Management, as well as Finance.

So far I have helped volunteer at a soup kitchen, I believe there is so much more I can do.

I'm sure that helping people out more often as a volunteer is what God would want me to do, rather than focusing on increasing my wealth only. Am I in the position?
Blessings in Christ Jesus. Perhaps all of this is best put before The Lord in prayer. Let Him lead you and guide you in all things.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi the "if" is not with God. As we should with everything..with money just seek pray ask for wisdom and He will show you what to do with it.. even invest, buying houses, land blah blah blah. See as long as we give Him all the glory and praise.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

I would suggest caution. First you might want to invest in an annuity or other financial instrument that will provide an inflation adjustable income for you and your family (you might consider diverse instruments for cautionary purposes). What surplus you have can be then accumulated to be parceled out as you find opportunity.

There are many ministries that could benefit from your generosity. However, you have the responsibility to make wise decisions.

One ministry I have found to be effective over the years is International Prison Ministry | Evangelism and Edification

They give bibles to people in prison. However, they also send books detailing how some turned from a life of crime to find Jesus.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As far as the fighting crime bit, unless you have the support of the local government and district attorney, you'll just be spinning your wheels. May I suggest that any help you provide, wherever, is to those entities that also help others, or are trying to better themselves. I'd stay away from money pits and parasitical institutions or individuals.

Upvote 0

Paul Shunamon

Nov 25, 2021
Cambridge
✟18,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus supports private owner ship and free enterprise and it looks like you already have the right intentions. In these situations I like to remind people of two things. First many claim the name of Christ and even are parts of churches and do all the churchianity stuff but are not His (Matthew 25:1-13; Romans 8:9). Secondly, to sharing the Gospel in word is essential and our co-mission but we often ignore that we are to share it in deed as well (Matthew 25:31-46)
So many call themselves Christians are goats. They do not ever care for the poor, never help feed the hungry, sutter to offer healing for free (as Jesus did) or help the oppressed. You are doing well be thankful and enjoy your wealth when it comes but continue to be Christ-like. Amen

Upvote 0