If Christians must forever have their sins forgiven, was this God's original intention for mankind?

temple_of_truth

Mar 25, 2020
Elizabeth
✟9,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If we accept Christ we are forgiven of our sins, but why does our children need to accept Christ as well if our sins are completely redeemed?
Will we ever be able to go back to God's original plan, creating a world without sin? Or do we need to constantly be forgiven of our sins every generation?

Last edited:

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why are our sins always forgiven? Was it God's original intention?
If the Fall didn't occur, would we still have sins to be forgiven for?
First, welcome to the site.
Second, what do you mean by "always forgiven"?
Third, if there had been no disobedience by Eve and Adam, there would be no sin on earth.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are our sins always forgiven? Was it God's original intention?
If the Fall didn't occur, would we still have sins to be forgiven for?

Welcome to the forum.
Our sins are only forgiven if we confess them to God.

No this is not the intended plan, what we see in Eden was the intended plan.

Upvote 0

temple_of_truth

Mar 25, 2020
Elizabeth
✟9,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First, welcome to the site.
Second, what do you mean by "always forgiven"?
Third, if there had been no disobedience by Eve and Adam, there would be no sin on earth.

Sorry I should of clarified better! I edited my post now.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we accept Christ we are forgiven of our sins, but why does our children need to accept Christ as well if our sins are completely redeemed?
Will we ever be able to go back to God's original plan, creating a world without sin? Or do we need to constantly be forgiven of our sins every generation?
Thanks for the editing.
Every man needs to make his own decision regarding both accepting Jesus as God's Son and whether or not they are willing to follow Him until death.
Our belief and repentance from sin does not count on/for later generations.
It is their decision to make.
As for ever living in a world without sin...it won't ever happen.
That is why there is a promised new heavens and a new earth ahead of us.
But you can live in a house without sin if you yourself will have a real "turn from" sin!
That is what I have done, thanks be to God!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Humanity has a finish date, no one but God knows when. God is willing to forgive but every individual has to accept for themselves. Eventually the heavens and the earth will be replaced. Our children still trace their ancestry to Adam. They are born sinners just as we are.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Humanity has a finish date, no one but God knows when. God is willing to forgive but every individual has to accept for themselves. Eventually the heavens and the earth will be replaced. Our children still trace their ancestry to Adam. They are born sinners just as we are.
The reborn can trace their ancestry to God.
We are reborn non-sinners.

Upvote 0

temple_of_truth

Mar 25, 2020
Elizabeth
✟9,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the editing.
Every man needs to make his own decision regarding both accepting Jesus as God's Son and whether or not they are willing to follow Him until death.
Our belief and repentance from sin does not count on/for later generations.
It is their decision to make.
As for ever living in a world without sin...it won't ever happen.
That is why there is a promised new heavens and a new earth ahead of us.
But you can live in a house without sin if you yourself will have a real "turn from" sin!
That is what I have done, thanks be to God!

Jesus said to Peter before his crucifixion:
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." -Matt 16:19

Sin was committed here on earth. So shouldn't it be restored here on earth?

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven." -Matt 6:10

Many people believe that in the end of the world, God will destroy the earth and a handful of Christians will be lifted up in the air to live with Christ in the millennium. But if that happened the Original Will of God, a world without sin, will be forever unfulfilled. It would be a failure.
God is almighty, omniscient and omnipotent. But he can't restore the earth to a world without sin? I truly believe that our loving and powerful God would never give up on earth like that. Earth was meant to be His Kingdom!

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said to Peter before his crucifixion:
"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." -Matt 16:19
Sin was committed here on earth. So shouldn't it (the kingdom) be restored here on earth?
Absolutely, and it has already been accomplished in the hearts of the repentant on earth now.

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven." -Matt 6:10
Jesus' prayer has been answered in the affirmative...thanks be to God.

Many people believe that in the end of the world, God will destroy the earth and a handful of Christians will be lifted up in the air to live with Christ in the millennium. But if that happened the Original Will of God, a world without sin, will be forever unfulfilled. It would be a failure.
God is almighty, omniscient and omnipotent. But he can't restore the earth to a world without sin? I truly believe that our loving and powerful God would never give up on earth like that. Earth was meant to be His Kingdom!
It is written..."Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)
There is are some pretty good OT scriptures pointing to a new earth too, including..."For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." (Isa 65:17)

Upvote 0

temple_of_truth

Mar 25, 2020
Elizabeth
✟9,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely, and it has already been accomplished in the hearts of the repentant on earth now.

Jesus' prayer has been answered in the affirmative...thanks be to God.

It is written..."Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)
There is are some pretty good OT scriptures pointing to a new earth too, including..."For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." (Isa 65:17)

When you say new earth, you are saying that this earth will be destroyed because it was a failure and a new physical earth will appear? Then that new earth will be a world without sin... And when you say new heaven... was heaven a bad heaven that needs to be replaced like the earth? What is new heaven, why do we need a new heaven?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good question. Ya know one reason why I left the RC Church was just the constant shaming weekly on the subject of sin. I mean there was nothing positive. Look no one will ever be perfect & if you dwell on the issue too much, you will seriously get mentally ill. When I worked for the state, I had a colleague who was an ex-nun & she gave me the most satisfying answer to this topic. It was finished at Calvary. In the Gospel He says It is finished. If it were not finished & there are continuing chapters, then what would be the purpose of the cross? It would be just a facade. So given that generations coming forth would never be perfect, Calvary answers the question once & for all-we are forgiven. Everything is grace.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you say new earth, you are saying that this earth will be destroyed because it was a failure and a new physical earth will appear?
No, I'm saying the old world will be destroyed and replaced by one untainted by sin.

Then that new earth will be a world without sin...
It will be one untainted by sinners.

And when you say new heaven... was heaven a bad heaven that needs to be replaced like the earth? What is new heaven, why do we need a new heaven?
God is starting over with a new earth and heavens above.
Why?
Because He can.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good question. Ya know one reason why I left the RC Church was just the constant shaming weekly on the subject of sin. I mean there was nothing positive. Look no one will ever be perfect & if you dwell on the issue too much, you will seriously get mentally ill. When I worked for the state, I had a colleague who was an ex-nun & she gave me the most satisfying answer to this topic. It was finished at Calvary. In the Gospel He says It is finished. If it were not finished & there are continuing chapters, then what would be the purpose of the cross? It would be just a facade. So given that generations coming forth would never be perfect, Calvary answers the question once & for all-we are forgiven. Everything is grace.
Is there anything "positive" about sinning?
God made a way to be perfect.
Jesus said the truth would make you free.
Free from what? the Jews asked.
Jesus said..."Who soever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
The truth can free you from sin.
His words are true in my life.

Upvote 0

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There is no way to be perfect. Almost anything can be termed a sin. If I told you I would meet you for lunch at 12 noon but instead showed up at 12:20 would that then be called a lie or would that just be kind of in the norm of human behavior. I think in the general public's sense of sin we mean actions that cause deliberate bodily harm to another human or animal or population; theft in the sense of larceny; scamming & larceny; deliberate fraud; any kind of slavery or human trafficking; any kind of ethnic cleansing; crimes against humanity; torture; deliberate slander; & stuff pertaining to lust for power & greed.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no way to be perfect. Almost anything can be termed a sin. If I told you I would meet you for lunch at 12 noon but instead showed up at 12:20 would that then be called a lie or would that just be kind of in the norm of human behavior. I think in the general public's sense of sin we mean actions that cause deliberate bodily harm to another human or animal or population; theft in the sense of larceny; scamming & larceny; deliberate fraud; any kind of slavery or human trafficking; any kind of ethnic cleansing; crimes against humanity; torture; deliberate slander; & stuff pertaining to lust for power & greed.
It is written..."Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled." (Titus 1:15)
There is a way to be perfect on earth now.
It starts with a real "turn from" sin.
Then baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
The result?
An ex-sinner, washed by the blood of Christ, and reborn of God' seed.
Perfect !
From there we remain in the light, wherein is no sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of past sins.
Jesus had to fulfill all the OT prophecies that pointed to a Redeemer and Savior.

I don't buy the shedding of blood b/c it reminds of the US militarty & its love of war.

Upvote 0