✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As the title says,
How do you know you are guaranteed to be the one not left in the field
Matthew 24 . 40
Why do you suppose that this verse refers to the church? :)

1 Thess. 4 does indeed refer to the church's rapture.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you suppose that this verse refers to the church? :)

1 Thess. 4 does indeed refer to the church's rapture.
It’s in the same passage of the second coming of man, (Jesus)
Matthew 24 is tied to Daniel and revelatio, it’s all linked the last time I studied the book of revelation

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s in the same passage of the second coming of man, (Jesus)
Matthew 24 is tied to Daniel and revelatio, it’s all linked the last time I studied the book of revelation
Matthew 24 seems to be linked to the Great Tribulation; and Daniel does speak about Israel on earth and coming events.

I don't see the church in Daniel, or Matthew 24.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24 seems to be linked to the Great Tribulation; and Daniel does speak about Israel on earth and coming events.

I don't see the church in Daniel, or Matthew 24.
Not specifically but who is raptured then? As you stated 1 thess 4 shows a rapture, so is there multiple raptures?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not specifically but who is raptured then? As you stated 1 thess 4 shows a rapture, so is there multiple raptures?
Following through the various references, there is the aspect of the Lord's coming which applies to the church: for His saints, in the air. There is also the aspect which applies to coming in power and glory and judgment on earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I was humble, I would have no need for that prayer.
You
Following through the various references, there is the aspect of the Lord's coming which applies to the church: for His saints, in the air. There is also the aspect which applies to coming in power and glory and judgment on earth.
yes, from what I studied, His bride are pulled from the earth before Gods wrath. We are then returned after Armageddon to reign for 1000 years in which that time the Jews repent and believe that Jesus is the messiah

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As the title says,
Matthew 24 . 40
Developing an intimate fellowship and relationship with Christ is the way to know that you will recognise Him when He comes. He will know you and therefore you won't be left out. "His eye is upon the righteous (in Christ) and His ear is open to their prayers". "This is life eternal, that I might know the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ." This is more than knowing about Him. It is knowing Him on a personal and intimate basis where your daily fellowship and conversations with Him are two-way. If you don't have that fellowship with Him, you might have to get into your prayer room, or out in the middle of a park, like I did, and introduce yourself to Him. When I did that, I got all lit up inside, and I knew for the first time that Jesus really did know me and was waiting for me to come directly to Him. That was in 1969, and I have never lost that sense of fellowship with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Developing an intimate fellowship and relationship with Christ is the way to know that you will recognise Him when He comes. He will know you and therefore you won't be left out. "His eye is upon the righteous (in Christ) and His ear is open to their prayers". "This is life eternal, that I might know the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ." This is more than knowing about Him. It is knowing Him on a personal and intimate basis where your daily fellowship and conversations with Him are two-way. If you don't have that fellowship with Him, you might have to get into your prayer room, or out in the middle of a park, like I did, and introduce yourself to Him. When I did that, I got all lit up inside, and I knew for the first time that Jesus really did know me and was waiting for me to come directly to Him. That was in 1969, and I have never lost that sense of fellowship with the Lord.
Good point Oscarr. We are called to have intimate relationship with Him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the title says,
Matthew 24 . 40
I am saved because I believe Jesus died and rose again. He is my ticket to heaven, his grace. But I must persist in it and not take it for granted, I must not willfully sin, least i become blind, and fall away.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am saved because I believe Jesus died and rose again. He is my ticket to heaven, his grace. But I must persist in it and not take it for granted, I must not willfully sin, least i become blind, and fall away.
Spot on, keep walking in that faith brother

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24 actually says "what will be the sign of your presence and the end of the age"
It’s not a debate about what Matthew 24 says of don’t, I used the passage of scripture solely to show one will be taken, the other left
How do you know that you will be the one taken?

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s not a debate about what Matthew 24 says of don’t, I used the passage of scripture solely to show one will be taken, the other left
How do you know that you will be the one taken?

Because, I know I'm not the body. Luke 17:37.

Upvote 0