If being in Heaven is being at peace then how do you explain.

Armistead14

Mar 18, 2006
✟9,449.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]

It says in Revelation that God will wipe away all our tears. I think it relates to this experience. God is all powerful. He can take away our memory of them if that is what is needed. The word “hell” is in the Greek is “garbage dump” – something that is thrown away and forgotten about.

And maybe that is a little what purgatory is about. Maybe we still cry in purgatory for those who are lost in hell, but eventually God will wipe away our tears in heaven.
Just a thought. I have no Catholic dogma to back this up.

That's the problem, because of sin our bodies die, the numerous verses in the bible people use for hell as a place of eternal torture only mean the grave. Our physical bodies die and like garbage sit in the ground and decay.

Upvote 0

twilight25

Complete Brainless Newbie
Jun 19, 2012
USA
✟7,745.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but that comment really reveals a complete lack of knowledge that calls into question your depth of faith and understanding. If you have such questions, perhaps revisiting your salvation is in order. I'm not saying you aren't a Christian, but such questions don't normally come from committed believers, even very new ones. Have you, perhaps, expressed an intellectual or emotional belief that doesn't meet the criteria for God's blessings in Christ? Seriously, ask yourself this, because your very eternal life depends on it.

My apologies for lashing out, but why do you call his salvation into account based on this question? That wasn't helpful in the slightest way and as I recall, Job had some pretty interesting arguments with God and I don't recall him lashing out like you did.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear John M3rd. The Bible tells us that God saves in families. ( Acts, a jailor and his family are saved) As a rule, if one or more members of a family do pray, they will certainly pray for the loved ones. Keep taking your family to God in Prayer, John. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God really is omniscient then he knew that satan would fall long before he created him. That being the case, it follows that God is the originator of evil and sin.
To answer your question about being in heaven knowing that our nearest and dearest are, shall we say, somewhere else, I suspect that we will will have absolutely no recollection of them at all. To explain this, let us assume for one moment that reincarnation is true, then we may have been head over heels in love with somebody for our entire lives, yet here in this existence we have absolutely no memory of that person whatsoever. Knowing that our loved ones were suffering for all eternity would make heaven even more miserable than this awful existence. Imagine that!!

First of all Heaven is not our eternal home. Rev. 20 & 21 will tell you where we will spend eternity. Secondly, the Bible does not address whether or not we will have any memory of our loved ones who are sentenced to Hell. Based on what we know about God I would say it is not likely.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been told that being with God will make me understand and I won't be sad and miss them
That's possible.

yet if that's true then how did Satan come to turn his back on God and bring angels down with him?

Either being with God is really being at peace or there's a chance that even in Heaven you'll never be at peace.
He was authorized to. They were given a choice at that moment.

Personally I think the memories will be gone.

Upvote 0