If atheism is true would you want to know?

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As for reporting you. There's no need to. This post hasn't much in it to report.
It is good that you are not the type of person to make frivolous reports of rule violations. As @awitch mentioned, that can be somewhat like censorship.

I worked with an immigrant from the USSR who told me that somebody he knew was thrown in jail for using a newspaper with Stalin's photograph to wrap his lunch before tossing it in the trash. That is an example where somebody imagined more was being said than was actually intended.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"Don,t be silly, there is no treasure."

There is,
it may well be where you are standing.

No need to dig up the kitchen floor though.

:)
Another way of looking at atheism is to imagine that the gods are already in our pockets (no need to dig up the kitchen floor), but we discover that they are not worth very much in our modern world due to inflation ;)

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not just a skeptic. I'm a Christian who believes the Bible.. that gives no evidence that God created some other intelligent life somewhere then abandoned them to come to this neighborhood of the universe and create mankind.
You're describing the "ancient astronauts" hypothesis, but a person can be fascinated by UFOs without believing that.

On the contrary. Atheists are inclined to believe in extraterrestrial highly intelligent life. It fits their model of atheism concerning evolution.
It would be interesting to know the religious demographics of UFO believers vs UFO skeptics. Some Christian fundamentalists believe that ET intelligent life would conflict with Christian theology. On the other hand, many Christians see no conflict. There is also the Christian belief that UFOs are demonic which sidesteps the ET question.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You are using your opinion of a thing being ridiculous and comparing it with what everyone would agree is non-existent. Unicorns are fantasy.

I'm glad you think it's ridiculous. Now, do you notice "maybe you're just not open enough to unicorns" is equivalent to your opinion that atheists just aren't open enough to god?

You need to get it into your head that you have no point to prove concerning me.

All I did was challenge your opinion about atheists based on first person testimony from real live atheists. They don't believe in god for lack of sufficiently convincing evidence; not because they aren't open enough, or have a hardened heart, or hate god, or want to rebel, or are deceived by boogey men or any of the other excuses we often hear. It's not complicated.

• Agree
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You're describing the "ancient astronauts" hypothesis, but a person can be fascinated by UFOs without believing that.

It would be interesting to know the religious demographics of UFO believers vs UFO skeptics. Some Christian fundamentalists believe that ET intelligent life would conflict with Christian theology. On the other hand, many Christians see no conflict. There is also the Christian belief that UFOs are demonic which sidesteps the ET question.
If seeking the Truth,
stick with what the Eternal One Reveals.
(which is always perfectly in harmony with all Scripture).

All the other 'stuff', contrary to Him, is contrary to Him, and will pass away.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If seeking the Truth,
stick with what the Eternal One Reveals.
(which is always perfectly in harmony with all Scripture).

All the other 'stuff', contrary to Him, is contrary to Him, and will pass away.
That sounds like you are being protective of your faith in Christianity, and that is probably a wise choice. This is the point I wanted to highlight in this thread. It is a shame to lose your religious faith. Often the foundation of religious faith is childhood indoctrination, so there is no way to replace it when it dies. As a cradle Christian, I can never have the same innate faith in Wicca or Islam or Judaism or Hinduism. I suspect there is some sort of God out there, but I have no confidence in any particular path, and that inhibits me from seeking. I must ask myself "seek what God?", "seek how?", "seek why?", etc. Maybe it is better to have answers to those questions so that a person actively seeks God even if the answers are myths and legends. Paganism has no objection to including myths and legends to aid in their practices. Many liberal Christians accept that some parts of the Bible are myths and legends rather than history, but they see value in Christianity. Judaism too does not object to the inclusion of myths and legends with a deeper meaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That sounds like you are being protective of your faith in Christianity, and that is probably a wise choice
No, nothing related to me at all.

You seem to be walking in darkness, and also promoting darkness with your posts.

Hopefully, you would like to come to the LIGHT, Jesus, and stop walking in darkness .....
for your soul's sake.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, nothing related to me at all.

You seem to be walking in darkness, and also promoting darkness with your posts.

Hopefully, you would like to come to the LIGHT, Jesus, and stop walking in darkness .....
for your soul's sake.
If you never walk in darkness then you will never get to see the countless stars in the sky.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But we know the ending already. For those in darkness, it is not good.
Some are "condemned already because of unbelief" now, today.
Below is John 3:16-21 RSV encompassing the quote you gave. To me this seems to be in line with the idea that some people are "the elect" (just waiting to hear and believe the good news) and some people are not. However, predestination doesn't necessarily mean that all of "the elect" will believe the good news immediately on the first hearing. The average born-again Christian hears the good news many times before it finally clicks. So you really cannot know for certain that I am not one of the elect until I am a dead ex-Christian.
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not condemned; he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does what is true comes to the light, that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been wrought in God.
Bible Gateway passage: John 3:16-21 - Revised Standard Version

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Below is John 3:16-21 RSV encompassing the quote you gave. To me this seems to be in line with the idea that some people are "the elect" (just waiting to be hear and believe the good news) and some people are not. However, predestination doesn't necessarily mean that all of "the elect" will believe the good news immediately on the first hearing. The average born-again Christian hears the good news many times before it finally clicks. So you really cannot know for certain that I am not one of the elect until I am a dead ex-Christian.

Bible Gateway passage: John 3:16-21 - Revised Standard Version
True, sort of.
But I did not claim nor post you are not going to be saved.
Currently, your posted things are opposed to Jesus, opposed to God's Word, opposed to the elect, opposed to the truth, and so on, willingly , according to the content of all of your posts.

We , if God Permits, pray that your sin is not the sin that leads to death (which Jesus says not o pray for) , and that you will be saved, graciously, or even though as if by fire, taking care not to endanger our own souls.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
True, sort of.
But I did not claim nor post you are not going to be saved.
Currently, your posted things are opposed to Jesus, opposed to God's Word, opposed to the elect, opposed to the truth, and so on, willingly , according to the content of all of your posts.

We , if God Permits, pray that your sin is not the sin that leads to death (which Jesus says not o pray for) , and that you will be saved, graciously, or even though as if by fire, taking care not to endanger our own souls.
Just wanted to say that you should not worry so much. Of course we all worry about things, but if we lift our thoughts from the mundane to the spiritual then we should not be worried (IMO).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Just wanted to say that you should not worry so much. Of course we all worry about things, but if we lift our thoughts from the mundane to the spiritual then we should not be worried (IMO).

Scripture says to Ekklesia (those who ARE born again) to be anxious for nothing. And I am anxious for nothing - the Father Yahuweh Creator of all things and giver of life is faithful.
There are no lifting of thought to the spiritual for the unregenerate /natural/ minds of men - it is not possible to grasp anything spiritual for anyone UN-born again.. (so to speak) - the natural, mind of the flesh (everyone (including the Apostles) is born with, is UNABLE to grasp the smallest truth spiritually) ....

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Scripture says to Ekklesia (those who ARE born again) to be anxious for nothing. And I am anxious for nothing - the Father Yahuweh Creator of all things and giver of life is faithful.
There are no lifting of thought to the spiritual for the unregenerate /natural/ minds of men - it is not possible to grasp anything spiritual for anyone UN-born again.. (so to speak) - the natural, mind of the flesh (everyone (including the Apostles) is born with, is UNABLE to grasp the smallest truth spiritually) ....
Most modern religions imagine an ultimately benevolent God or pantheon of gods that permeates everything. A person who believes in this general theology should not worry. Right?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Most modern religions imagine an ultimately benevolent God or pantheon of gods that permeates everything. A person who believes in this general theology should not worry. Right?
They should, they should be very afraid! Terrified !
The demons KNOW, and shudder in terror....
the demons KNOW where those people are headed, and those people would be absolutely terrified also if they could see where they are headed .

• Friendly
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They should, they should be very afraid! Terrified !
The demons KNOW, and shudder in terror....
the demons KNOW where those people are headed, and those people would be absolutely terrified also if they could see where they are headed .
The only thing to fear is fear itself ;)

Upvote 0