If angels fell from heaven will we be able to fall from heaven as well?

If angels fell from heaven will we be able to fall from heaven as well?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking this morning that satan and demons must’ve been, forgive me for saying, complete idiots having been in the presence of God Himself and yet still decided to rebel against God. This led me to the question if they could rebel against God having known Him while being in Heaven is it possible that we will be able to do the same when we’re in Heaven? The Bible teaches that we will receive eternal life and in some cases says that Christians already possess eternal life while still living in this world. To me I don’t believe in eternal security. I believe we can have the gift of eternal life in this world but if we fail to abide in Christ it will be revoked or taken away unless we repent. So I’m wondering if the same is possible in heaven. I’ve always believed there will be no temptation in heaven and have been looking forward to the time where I can finally relax and let my guard down and not have to worry about temptation. But after this thought about the fallen angels I’m not certain now. So I’d like to get some feedback from my brothers & sisters to see what evidence there is in the scriptures that can assure us that we cannot be tempted in heaven and cannot fall like the angels did. :)

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Humans who arrive in Heaven will have been screened for the root of rebellion during the sanctification process. In other words, those humans with such an inclination to rebel would have done so, long before their admittance into Heaven!

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Humans who arrive in Heaven will have been screened for the root of rebellion during the sanctification process. In other words, those humans with such an inclination to rebel would have done so, long before their admittance into Heaven!

Ok but when satan rebelled against God there had never been any temptation or sin. satan was the author of both temptation and sin. Can you provide a scriptural reference indicating that we will be or are being screened for the root of rebellion? God bless

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟484,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, BNR32Fan

I think you have to keep in mind angles are indeed created beings, and clearly they are able to make choices, as are we.

But we are very different we are created in God's image, Christ died for us, we are the highest order of God's creation, we are of the earth.... We have never inhabited heaven.

Satan is still God's creation, all he does brings Glory to his creator every time all the time.

He is God's devil.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible suggests there will be some sort of social structure in Heaven, but hopefully all our potential for jealousy and pride will be, dare I say 'purged' from our wills by the time we stand before the throne.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was thinking this morning that satan and demons must’ve been, forgive me for saying, complete idiots having been in the presence of God Himself and yet still decided to rebel against God. This led me to the question if they could rebel against God having known Him while being in Heaven is it possible that we will be able to do the same when we’re in Heaven? The Bible teaches that we will receive eternal life and in some cases says that Christians already possess eternal life while still living in this world. To me I don’t believe in eternal security. I believe we can have the gift of eternal life in this world but if we fail to abide in Christ it will be revoked or taken away unless we repent. So I’m wondering if the same is possible in heaven. I’ve always believed there will be no temptation in heaven and have been looking forward to the time where I can finally relax and let my guard down and not have to worry about temptation. But after this thought about the fallen angels I’m not certain now. So I’d like to get some feedback from my brothers & sisters to see what evidence there is in the scriptures that can assure us that we cannot be tempted in heaven and cannot fall like the angels did. :)

Sin actually started in heaven by Lucifer/Satan and the angels that joined in with him. God kicked them out of heaven and down to the earth .. and that solved the sin problem in heaven.

So , now we have the sin problem on earth. In the very end God will destroy all the wicked lost (2nd resurrection), the earth and everything in it, including Satan and his minions All the saved have been taken previously taken to heaven in the 1st resurrection and are with God in heaven.

Revelation 20

9And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them. 10And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown ...

No devil (destroyed in the lake of fire never to exist again) = no sin = no temptations, sin problem solved.

Then God makes everything new - recreates everything in complete perfection and in harmony with Him. Amen!

Revelation 21

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying:

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man,

and He will live with them.

They will be His people,

and God Himself will be with them as their God.

4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,

and there will be no more death

or mourning or crying or pain,

for the former things have passed away.”

Amen.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sin actually started in heaven by Lucifer/Satan and the angels that joined in with him. God kicked them out of heaven and down to the earth .. and that solved the sin problem in heaven.

So , now we have the sin problem on earth. In the very end God will destroy all the wicked lost (2nd resurrection), the earth and everything in it, including Satan and his minions All the saved have been taken previously taken to heaven in the 1st resurrection and are with God in heaven.

Revelation 20

9And they marched across the broad expanse of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. But fire came down from heaven and consumed them. 10And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, into which the beast and the false prophet had already been thrown ...

No devil (destroyed in the lake of fire never to exist again) = no sin = no temptations, sin problem solved.

Then God makes everything new - recreates everything in complete perfection and in harmony with Him. Amen!

Revelation 21

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying:

“Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man,

and He will live with them.

They will be His people,

and God Himself will be with them as their God.

4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes,

and there will be no more death

or mourning or crying or pain,

for the former things have passed away.”

Amen.

God Bless.

Good points my friend. I’m just curious if there are scriptures that are more conclusive. These are a bit vague on the subject of our ability to sin in Heaven I think. God bless and thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So I’m wondering if the same is possible in heaven.
In the life to come, I think it is written that there is no sorrow, no pain, no tears, etc..... as well as no sinners, no idolators, no one greedy, no adulterers, no perverts/homos, no thieves, no liars, no one with an impure heart, and so on....

If anyone sinned, would there not be sorrow, tears, etc ?

Concerning angels, it looks like after the disobedient angels following satan fell,
the righteous angels who always obey Yahweh no longer may choose to disobey.

Is there any 'exception' to this ? None known, so far.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟153,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

In 1 Pet. 1 it says that we are "kept by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." So then, our faith to overcome evil within ourselves is based on the power of God, not in the power of ourselves.

So, in the resurrection, we will no longer have a sinful inclination or principle working in us as we do today. We won't need faith for it anymore, since we will already have what we now hope for: a glorified state. In that glorified state, temptations to sin will be non-existent, or so miniscule, it will not bother us nor give us any desire to do so.

And since the dragon only swept 1/3 of the stars from heaven, we know that there are 2x as many elect angels as there are demons. These are the elect angels, as God preserved them from Satan's influence. And since the ugliness of our original fallen state will be remembered, we will loathe it, not desire it.

So it will be 3 very powerful things that keep us from falling for all eternity: desire, memory, and the almighty power of God.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you provide a scriptural reference indicating that we will be or are being screened for the root of rebellion?
No, other than that we can look back at the Garden and say, "Bad idea! Don't do it...!"
Jesus will retain the scars of His rescue effort, too.

There is also,

"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2 NKJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The removal from Heaven of Satan and his minions was a one time event, 2,000 years past.

The removal of Satan and his minions: revelation 12:7-12

^^^ helps if you read those verses.

The day this happened: Luke 10:18 (Jesus said: I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven)

^^ helps if you read all surrounding passages.

Now that Satan is defeated and Jesus reigns, there is no more disobedience in heaven. The saved, once glorified, will no longer sin throughout eternity (Revelation 21:4 Revelation 21:27)

Jesus reigns..

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The removal from Heaven of Satan and his minions was a one time event, 2,000 years past.

The removal of Satan and his minions: revelation 12:7-12

^^^ helps if you read those verses.

The day this happened: Luke 10:18 (Jesus said: I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven)

^^ helps if you read all surrounding passages.

Now that Satan is defeated and Jesus reigns, there is no more disobedience in heaven. The saved, once glorified, will no longer sin throughout eternity (Revelation 21:4 Revelation 21:27)

Jesus reigns..

But because there was no sin or temptation in heaven before satan’s rebellion this doesn’t necessarily mean that no one else would also be able to rebel just because satan is gone or dead. I think it is likely that all the angels had the same ability to rebel that satan had but most chose not to because they weren’t stupid. Lol they were probably like Wuuuuh? What a tard!! DEEEERP!! ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it is likely that all the angels had the same ability to rebel that satan had but most chose not to [rebel] because they were stupid.
Is that what you intended to write...? :scratch:

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that what you intended to write...? :scratch:

Ok maybe I’m the “tard” this morning. Lol no that’s not what I meant. Sorry I woke up at 4:30am to wrap gifts still not quite awake yet. Thanks for pointing that out. Lol

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok maybe I’m the “tard” this morning. Lol no that’s not what I meant. Sorry I woke up at 4:30am to wrap gifts still not quite awake yet. Thanks for pointing that out. Lol

Do you believe in the total depravity of man?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking this morning that satan and demons must’ve been, forgive me for saying, complete idiots having been in the presence of God Himself and yet still decided to rebel against God. This led me to the question if they could rebel against God having known Him while being in Heaven is it possible that we will be able to do the same when we’re in Heaven?

We will have "free will" and so have the "ability" to fall - but we will not fall because the means of ensuring that free-will beings do not choose error - is "compelling data" and the 6000 years of sin with both angels and mankind engaged in the "sin experiment" is the lesson book for all eternity insuring it against sin and rebellion forever. Which is why God even allowed it in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0