• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

If an afterlife exists

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by pleinmont, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solid_core

solid_core Well-Known Member

+1,547
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single

2. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    That isn't evidence for an afterlife, but NDEs.

3. solid_core

+1,547
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    If your brain is inactive and has no electrical impulses and you still experience and see what is going on on the operation table, its evidence that your conciousness is not dependent on your body. These people were technically dead.

4. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    Technically, but not actually dead.

5. solid_core

+1,547
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    What do you mean by "actual" death? Body being totally dissolved?

6. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    People who come back to life again when thought to be dead, weren't dead in the first place.

7. solid_core

+1,547
    Austria
    Protestant
    Single
    They were dead, but our medical science can bring back people who are dead for a short time, because the body is still able to be restarted, if body is not dissolved.

For the question of whether there is life after death its important that we experience, think and then remember it even without our brain to be working at all. The simple fact that your cells are still intact is not explanation for you experiencing, seeing and hearing.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  8. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    They give the appearance of being dead but they aren't, because if they were they couldn't be brought back to life again.

9. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+10,584
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    The person is brain dead and cannot be revived.

10. Dan1988

Dan1988 Well-Known Member Supporter

+514
    Australia
    Baptist
    Private
    The life, death and Resurrection of Christ is the most proven fact in all of human history. Christ is the One who created everything that exists in the whole universe, He has full control over every atom in it.
    You might not believe it now, but you will when you stand before Him to be judged.

He said that He'd cast all those who don't know Him as their Lord, into hell to be tormented in flames for eternity. The fear of hell should be enough for anyone to give their lives to Christ. Even if there was only one in a million chance of it being true, it still ain't worth the gamble.

11. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Member

+108
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    It's a story in a book that has been proved to contain mostly fiction and unattributed tales.
    That's an unsupported claim.
    Not gonna happen.
    Evil personified.
    In that case you'd better convert to Islam 'cos their god has got nastier afterlifes for you if you don't

12. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    That is NOT a proven fact, the Bible isn't any sort of proof. Stop making silly threats!

13. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,951
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You’ve heard the saying about protesting too much. ;)

14. FireBrimstone

FireBrimstone New Member

+29
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe that is why we are here on this Earth to experience worry, disappointment and sadness. There is plenty of that to go around nowadays. Living on this Earth would definitely teach us to appreciate total happiness.

15. FireBrimstone

FireBrimstone New Member

+29
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Here is some evidence that is not a story but from a real person. My dad had a brother that died from diphtheria when he was 4 years old, my dad did not tell me or my siblings about it. 42 years later I have a dream that I'm talking to my grandparents that died when I was around 3 years old. A little kid was looking out their window, I asked them who it was but they would just laugh at me like it wasn't important. When I told my parents they were shocked not only because they knew they didn't tell me about my dad's brother that passed away but also that my sister recited the exact same dream to them 10 years previous. If there is no afterlife this would be an extremely amazing coincidence.

16. FireBrimstone

FireBrimstone New Member

+29
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I had a friend that worked at NASA and was a physics professor at a university. He told me what scientists don't tell anybody is that for every discovery, it opens up 12 new questions. He said so in theory we're actually getting dumber and dumber which I totally believe. Lol

17. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+5,796
    Atheist
    Married
    That's not dumb. Being dumb means you don't realize that you don't know. An intelligent person is aware that there are more and more questions in need of answers.

And I'll be the first to admit that we'll never have all the answers. The more we learn, the more mysteries we'll find to solve. It will be a never-ending endeavor. But that's what makes science exciting. The thrill is in the journey, not the destination. :oldthumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,972
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Revelation spoke of heaven being a place full of those glorified faithful before the Throne of God worshipping Him..

It's beautiful to me.

As far as age, hair etc I don't think any of it matters.. it's about God's people being with God in their glorified form, which is a form that makes them appear as angels. No sickness no death no tears or sadness only joy and the love of God and His peace washing over you.

19. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Member

+108
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Uninterrupted boredom for eternity.

20. pleinmont

pleinmont Active Member

+213
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Married
    Worshipping anyone is BORING and uncalled for, imo. Worshipping a god for ever and ever would be my idea of hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.