If a person has never been convinced by the Hol y Sipirit before.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean they aren't a Christian? I know that the Holy Spirit convicts the world but, I can honestly admit that I've NEVER in my life been convinced
Before. Yet my wife has she's been convicted for hitting me several times before. Does that mean she is more spiritually grown than me?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean they aren't a Christian? I know that the Holy Spirit convicts the world but, I can honestly admit that I've NEVER in my life been convinced
Before. Yet my wife has she's been convicted for hitting me several times before. Does that mean she is more spiritually grown than me?

Convinced or convicted?

The Holy Spirit will do both in the heart of a Christian, but which are you actually talking about?

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry my bad I meant convicted my tablet is complete junk. I ment I've never been convicted of sin before. I've felt guilty but ive never had the painful conviction l pangs.

8 was reading on this subject apparently apparently only unbelievers get convicted of sin and believers are convicted of righteousness? What is this?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry my bad I meant convicted my tablet is complete junk. I ment I've never been convicted of sin before. I've felt guilty but ive never had the painful conviction l pangs.

Why do you think conviction of sin should be something different from feeling guilty? The realization of guilt is conviction, even in a secular court of law.

8 was reading on this subject apparently apparently only unbelievers get convicted of sin and believers are convicted of righteousness? What is this?

"Conviction" also (and originally) means "a firmly held belief or opinion."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If feeling guilty leads you to true repentance then you have been convicted. However, if you continually sin and not repent ( this means changing your mind and stop that particular sin) then you are " quenching" the work of His Holy Spirit in your life. This is the process of santification, walking in His Holy Spirit being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Blessings

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Convicted of what? Sin .... what is sin? Transgression of the Law ... all have sinned. We all grow in the Lord and are in different places within that growth. He knows where each one of us is at .... and meets each one there.

His law is written in the heart .... all hearts .... therefore all experience conviction .... not just christians.

The law leads us to Christ and then after receiving Him .... by His grace, He sends the power of His Holy Spirit to help us overcome sin (transgression of the law) and this is a earthly live-time process. He works in each in an individual way .... so not one being more ... or less ... spiritual .... we all need help and that help is received by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:10-16 AMPC

Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the divine counsels and things hidden and beyond man's scrutiny].

For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man's thoughts except the man's own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God. And we are setting these truths forth in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the [Holy] Spirit, combining and interpreting spiritual truths with spiritual language [to those who possess the Holy Spirit].

But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings and revelations of the Spirit of God, for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated. But the spiritual man tries all things [he examines, investigates, inquires into, questions, and discerns all things], yet is himself to be put on trial and judged by no one [he can read the meaning of everything, but no one can properly discern or appraise or get an insight into him].

For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart. [Isa. 40:13.]

Upvote 0