If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmmm silenced
Not really...take a read of these:

Romans 2:28, 29;
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 9:6-8:
6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;
7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.”
8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

Checkmate...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

6 But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;
7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.”
8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

That's ignorant bro!!!

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:

$ that means Jews who accept Yeshua are the true Jews/remnant

$jewish believers not gentile believers

$ talking about Arabs not spiritual Gentiles.

$promise confirmed in Isaac and Jacob

Too bad you couldn't post an expletive with that haha good fun. Your misguided tho, and its not funny I shouldn't laugh.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Too bad you couldn't post an expletive with that haha good fun. Your misguided tho, and its not funny I shouldn't laugh.
Nope...it's not funny that you think you have the word correctly but you deny other passages.

The apostle is very consistent with his message The true Jew is a Jew in the Spirit. No matter how you try intojoy, you can't reason it away...Galatians 3:29:
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

That's the issue you fail to see. Just as Paul clearly tells you who the true Jew is, and you come with the nonsense in post #143???

It's not funny...the terrible way you try to make scripture say what it doesn't say. Try the apostle in Galatians 2 where he shows again the folly of your thinking. Read that again in Galatians 3...then learn to believe the Lord.

*Abraham's seed is Christ.

*If you belong to Christ YOU ARE Abraham's seed.

*Read Romans 11...understand the olive tree is the church made up of Jews and Gentiles who are one in Christ.

*Understand what John means when he says in Revelation 2:9
9 ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan

Make no mistake...the true Jews are ALL who come to Christ, they are spiritual Jews. Stop the nonsense and grow up in God...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He's coming to earth because that's where King David's throne is, in Jerusalem.
You just don't get it do you? You Just denied Isaiah 9:6, 7:
6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
7 There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will accomplish this.

Now...do you get it? Let me lay it out:

1. Jesus began to ESTABLISH the kingdom when He started His earthly ministry.

2. He's on the throne of David at that time and over his kingdom.

*Now here is where you have to think...in the OT David's kingdom is over Israel who are God's chosen people...however when we move to the NT God's people are those who come to Christ! Which is why Peter tells us we are a CHOSEN GENERATION!!!

3. When did Jesus take the throne? The passage says FROM THEN ON Doug!!! That means when Jesus hit the scene He was over David's kingdom...and will be forevermore...and God accomplishes that.

That Child is Jesus obviously He's THE DESCENDANT OF DAVID!!! When Jesus finished the work of the Father HE SAT DOWN on David's throne.

What you have to do is GET OUT of the literal and understand David's kingdom is spiritual...that's why Jesus told Pilate MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD!!!
Did Jesus deny He was a king to Pilate? NO!!! What did Jesus say to Pilate?
Now...pay attention Doug...John 18:33-37:
33 Therefore Pilate entered again into the Praetorium, and summoned Jesus and said to Him,“Are You the King of the Jews?”

34Jesus answered, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?”

35Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered You to me; what have You done?”

36Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is,My kingdom is not of this realm.”

37Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Work with that.:thumbsup:
He's coming to rule and reign the nations with a rod of iron, and us with him as Kings and Priests, with a rod of iron.
Jesus is ruling right now. You can keep ignoring it Doug but there are too many passage making the point...in loyalty to your literal futurism you ignore that.
The Great White Throne judgement at the end of the millenium is not the topic. The question is where is King David throne, that Jesus will sit on.
Really??? Refer to Isaiah 9:6,7 above...then admit you're wrong. What did Jesus say Doug? "My kingdom is not of this world." Is any of that registering?
Those aren't the question. The question is where is King David's throne? It is on earth in Jerusalem.
That what you don't get...the Jerusalem above is the relevant one that's where the throne is. Why do you think Agraham was looking for a city whose builder and maker is God...:confused:

Jesus received the authority when he came forth from the Father prior to creation, in the strictest sense. But as far as God declaring him as King placing him upon King David's throne it will be the day he returns to planet earth.
Nope. You deny scripture again. Matthew 28:18 says it real clear when Jesus received "ALL AUTHORITY"...read it, and believe it:
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

The question is not whether Jesus is David's descendant or that Jesus is sitting on God's throne - but where is King David's throne. And it is in Jerusalem, in Israel.
The question is what is David'd throne...the answer is Doug doesn't know David's throne is over God's people. Luke 1:32,33:
32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David;
33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

Now...we know the throne is a position of authority. God says very clearly Jesus will receive David's throne. God gives Jesus all authority when He raised Him. You just don't know what David's throne is Doug.

eb, if you don't mind I am going to break off this discussion with you. I think I have provided more than ample scriptural proof that Jesus will be returning to this earth to sit on King David's throne to rule over the nations with a rod of iron and the believers with him. My discussion with you has run it's course. Have a nice day.

Doug

There is no Salvation apart from the shed blood of Jesus.
What you have provided is what you think is scriptural proof...but indeed...this needs to end. Because when Hebrews says Jesus sat down at God's right hand...that's David's throne.

When Jesus tells you...remember I told you...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:
Nope...it's not funny that you think you have the word correctly but you deny other passages.

The apostle is very consistent with his message The true Jew is a Jew in the Spirit. No matter how you try intojoy, you can't reason it away...Galatians 3:29:
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

That's the issue you fail to see. Just as Paul clearly tells you who the true Jew is, and you come with the nonsense in post #143???

It's not funny...the terrible way you try to make scripture say what it doesn't say. Try the apostle in Galatians 2 where he shows again the folly of your thinking. Read that again in Galatians 3...then learn to believe the Lord.

*Abraham's seed is Christ.

*If you belong to Christ YOU ARE Abraham's seed.

*Read Romans 11...understand the olive tree is the church made up of Jews and Gentiles who are one in Christ.

*Understand what John means when he says in Revelation 2:9
9 ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan

Make no mistake...the true Jews are ALL who come to Christ, they are spiritual Jews. Stop the nonsense and grow up in God...:thumbsup:

The false view is that Gentiles, when they become believers in the Messiah, become "spiritual Jews." Another false view is that when a Jew and a Gentile become believers in the Messiah, all distinctions between the two are erased. The Gentile loses his "Gentilism," to coin a word, and the Jew his Jewishness, for there is no difference between the two whatsoever. Before the basis of the Messianic Jewish distinctive can be fully understood, we first need to deal with these two false views.

1. Gentile Believers Are Spiritual Jews The first false view is that Gentiles become "spiritual Jews" upon believing in the Messiah. Logically, if believing Jews are spiritual Jews and believing Gentiles are spiritual Jews, then in the Christian realm there are no distinctions, since all are spiritual Jews. Yet the Bible presents no such picture.

a. The Meaning of Spirituality Perhaps the greatest problem with the term spiritual Jew is its use of the word "spiritual" to indicate some kind of national or racial transformation of the Gentile to a Jew. However, the Bible never uses the word "spiritual" in this sense.

What is spirituality? Spirituality involves three things: first, regeneration, second, the Holy Spirit, and third, time. This means that spirituality only involves the believer; it is produced by the Holy Spirit who brings the believer into a mature relationship with God; and, obviously, this takes time. As Dr. Charles Ryrie states, "Spirituality is a grown-up relation to the Holy Spirit."

A spiritual person is a believer who is under the control of the Holy Spirit. It is nothing more than that. So, if a Gentile is under the Spirit's control, he is a "spiritual Gentile." Likewise, a Jew who is under the Spirit's control is a "spiritual Jew." There is no crossing of national lines; a Gentile remains a Gentile, and a Jew remains a Jew. Their spirituality is based on their relationship to the Holy Spirit.

But some will argue that all this is mere semantics and will use certain Bible texts to show that in some way Gentiles become Jews, whether by spiritual transformation or by some other mystical act. One of these passages is Galatians 3:6-9: Even as Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness. Know therefore that they that are of faith, the same are sons of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand unto Abraham, saying, In you shall all the nations be blessed. So then they that are of faith are blessed with the faithful Abraham. Thus, if Gentile believers become "the children of Abraham by faith," does that not make them spiritual Jews? Not at all! Even in the physical realm, not all the children of Abraham are Jews. Arabs are as much the descendants of Abraham as Jews, but in no way can they be classified as Jews. What is true of the physical realm is also true of the spiritual realm; being children of Abraham by faith is not enough to make one a Jew.

What, then, is the meaning of this passage? To begin with, it should be noted that the context is concerned with the question of whether salvation is by works or by faith. The Hebrew term for "children" or sons often has the meaning of "followers." The point is that Abraham was declared righteous on the basis of faith and not on that of works. The true followers of Abraham, then, are those who are considered righteous on the same basis as Abraham, who practiced faith rather than works to attain salvation. The Gentile Galatians were never said to become Jews, rather, children of Abraham. Being a child of Abraham is not enough to make one a Jew.

Another verse often used is Galatians 3:29: And if ye are Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, heirs according to promise. Since Gentiles become part of "the seed of Abraham," does this not in some way make them spiritual Jews? Again, the answer is negative; there are members of the physical seed of Abraham who are not Jews. The same is true in the spiritual realm.

The meaning of this verse can best be understood if compared with Ephesians 2:11-13: Wherefore remember, that once ye, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called Circumcision, in the flesh, made by hands; that ye were at that time separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of the promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus ye that once were far off are made nigh in the blood of Christ.

And Ephesians 3:6: to wit, that the Gentiles are fellow-heirs, and fellow-members of the body, and fellow-partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

These Ephesians passages clarify what is meant by the Galatians statement of becoming heirs to the promises. It does not mean that Gentile believers become Jews in a mystical way, but rather that they become partakers in the blessings of the Jewish covenants and receive this privilege by faith. This act does not make them spiritual Jews, but spiritual Gentiles. Even by being partakers, they do not share in all the facets of the covenants but only in the spiritual blessings involved in them. Things such as inheritance of the Land and circumcision, among others, are not appropriated by believing Gentiles. These elements are exclusively for the Jew.

The third passage for this idea is Romans 2:28-29: For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. Since a "true Jew" is someone who is so inwardly, does not a believing Gentile meet that standard and so, inwardly at least, become a Jew? But to say this of Romans 2:28-29 is to ignore the entire structure of the Book of Romans. The basic outline of the first three chapters is as follows: Salutation 1:1-7 Introduction 1:8-15 Theme 1:16-17 The World Under Condemnation: 1:18-3:30 Gentiles 1:18-2:16 Jews 2:17-3:20 Conclusion 3:21-30 The section in which Romans 2:28-29 is found is strictly a Jewish context; the Gentiles are nowhere in view, for Paul has finished with them in 2:16. This verse can be better understood if taken as the words of a believing Jew speaking to non-believing Jews. In doing so, he is using a play upon words. "Judaism" has the root meaning of praise. What this Messianic Jew is saying to non-Messianic Jews is that outward Judaism is not enough to make one righteous before God; this requires a "Judaism of God." The verse can be paraphrased: "Whose Judaism is not of men, but of God." The true Jews are those Jews who are so, both "outwardly" and "inwardly."

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2. No Difference Between Jews and Gentiles The first extreme argues against all distinctions by saying that all believers are Jews. This second extreme tries to make all believing Jews into non-Jews; usually by employing, out of context, one or more of three passages, having a phrase to the effect that "there is neither Jew nor Greek." But a careful study of the very same passages, in their contexts, will show that the distinction between Jews and Gentiles is erased only in certain areas and not in all. Furthermore, a study of the text in the light of related passages clearly indicates that, in other areas, the distinction is still very much in effect, even within the Body of believers.

The first of the three passages is I Corinthians 12:12-13: For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit. The clear teaching of this passage is that entrance into the Body is by Spirit baptism. This is the only way, and it is true for all, both Jew and Gentile. There is no difference. This is all that can be deduced from this passage, and no more.

The second passage is Galatians 3:28: There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus. The context of this passage deals with the matter of justification by faith. This is the only way anyone can be justified, whether Jew or Gentile. So in justification, there is no distinction between the two. That alone can be deduced from this passage, and no more.

The third passage is Colossians 3:11: where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all. The context is again the key to understanding this passage. Verses 5-11 are concerned with "putting off the old nature and putting on the new nature." This is the true and only way toward maturity and spirituality for any believer, Jew or Gentile. Again, no more than that can be deduced from this passage.

The conclusion we are drawing is obvious. In the areas of justification, membership in the Body, and growth toward maturity , the procedure is the same for Jew and Gentile without distinction. However, this does not mean that in every area the distinctions are forever erased between the two.

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As stated earlier, the study of these very same passages in the light of related passages will show that instead of teaching against all
distinctions, the reverse is true. When critics of the Messianic Jewish distinction refer to the above three passages, often only the "Jew and Greek" statement is cited, and the rest are ignored. My homiletics teacher used this technique. But these verses not only state that there is no difference between Jews and Greeks, they further state that there is no difference between bond and free, male and female. Yet the custom is often to avoid quoting the latter portion for reasons which will become apparent as we proceed. Now let's consider what the Bible has to say about the two latter groups and see if indeed the three passages teach that all distinctions are erased.

1. Bond and Free There are five passages dealing with the issue of "bond and free." The first passage is Ephesians 6:5-9: Servants, be obedient unto them that according to the flesh are your masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; not in the way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers; but as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as unto the Lord, and not unto men: knowing that whatsoever good thing each one does, the same shall he receive again from the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, and forbear threatening: knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no respect of persons with him.

The second passage is Colossians 3:22-4:1, which reads: Servants, obey in all things them that are your masters according to the flesh; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord: whatsoever ye do, work heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that from the Lord ye shall receive the recompense of the inheritance: ye serve the Lord Christ. For he that does wrong shall receive again for the wrong that he has done: and there is no respect of persons. Masters, render unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

The third passage is I Timothy 6:1-2: Let as many as are servants under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honor, that the name of God and the doctrine be not blasphemed. And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but let them serve them the rather, because they that partake of the benefit are believing and beloved. These things teach and exhort.

The fourth passage is Titus 2:9-10: Exhort servants to be in subjection to their own masters, and to be well-pleasing to them in all things; not gainsaying; not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

The fifth passage is I Peter 2:18: Servants, be in subjection to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

In all of these passages, the believing slave is to be in subjection to his master, even when the master is himself a believer. The believing master is never commanded to release his believing slaves, which would be the practical outcome if all distinctions have indeed been erased. But the believing freeman is still a freeman, and the believing slave is still a slave. How, then, are these passages consistent with the three verses cited earlier? Consistency is no problem. As far as membership in the Body, justification, and spirituality are concerned, the way is the same for the freeman and the slave. But once in the Body, these distinctions still exist.

2. Male and Female Seven passages of Scripture show that all distinctions between male and female certainly have not been erased. Subjection is the keynote to them all, as seen in position and function.

I Corinthians 11:3-10 points out that the woman should keep her head covered in the assembly: But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. But every woman praying or prophesying with her head unveiled dishonors her head; for it is one and the same thing as if she were shaven. For if a woman is not veiled, let her also be shorn: but if it is a shame to a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be veiled. For a man indeed ought not to have his head veiled, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man: for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.

In I Corinthians 14:34-35, women are forbidden to speak in the church. This is to the extent that if she has any questions at all, she is to seek answers from her husband at home: let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also says the law. And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church.

Ephesians 5:22-25 points out the key idea of subjection: Wives, be in subjection unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, being himself the saviour of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives also be to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it.

In Colossians 3:18-19 we again have the idea of subjection. The husband is admonished to love his wife as the means of subjecting her. Wives, be in subjection to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

In I Timothy 2:11-12, women are forbidden to teach men, for in so doing they are exercising authority and overstepping their place of subjection: Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection. But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.

In Titus 2:1 and 3-5, the teaching of younger women to be in subjection to their own husbands is part of sound doctrine, and violation results in the word of God being blasphemed. Verse 1 states: But speak you the things which befit the sound doctrine. Verses 3-5 state: that aged women likewise be reverent in demeanor, not slanderers nor enslaved to much wine, teachers of that which is good; that they may train the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sober-minded, chaste, workers at home, kind, being in subjection to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I Peter 3:1 again points to subjection: In like manner, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, even if any obey not the word, they may without the word be gained by the behavior of their wives. Verse 7 states: Ye husbands, in like manner, dwell with your wives according to knowledge, giving honor unto the woman, as unto the weaker vessel, as being also joint-heirs of the grace of life; to the end that your prayers be not hindered.

Now if all distinctions between male and female are erased, there would be no need for all these separate rules and injunctions. Do these passages, then, contradict the others, which indicate no distinction between the male and female? Obviously not. Again, in the areas of membership in the Body of the Messiah, justification, and spiritual maturity , the formula is the same for both. There is not one way of salvation for the man and another for the woman. Spiritual maturity does not have separate systems, one for the male and another for the female. Both have entered the Body in the same way. But once in the Body, the man is still a man, and the woman is still a woman; and they differ in position and function.

To summarize, we have seen that the Bible does not support the idea of Gentiles becoming "spiritual Jews" when they believe. Rather, they are "spiritual Gentiles" when they are controlled by the Holy Spirit. Spiritual Jews are Jews who believe and who have a proper relationship to the Holy Spirit.

Furthermore, the Bible does not say that all distinctions between Jew and Gentile are erased when they believe. While it is very true that the way is the same for both, this does not mean that all other distinctions have been eradicated as well, any more than all distinctions between bond and free, and male and female, have ceased to exist. The way of salvation, Body membership, and spiritual maturity is the same for both Jews and Gentiles, but in other areas, distinctions remain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The false view is that Gentiles, when they become believers in the Messiah, become "spiritual Jews." Another false view is that when a Jew and a Gentile become believers in the Messiah, all distinctions between the two are erased. The Gentile loses his "Gentilism," to coin a word, and the Jew his Jewishness, for there is no difference between the two whatsoever. Before the basis of the Messianic Jewish distinctive can be fully understood, we first need to deal with these two false views.
That's what you think...and also what you have been taught. However what does Romans 2:28, 29 say? Let me refer to it again because it's pretty plain:

You ignore that Paul points out two things:
1, It is not physical circumcision...but it is SPIRITUAL circumcison OF THE HEART.

2. The praise for being such is not from men...BUT FROM GOD.

So your persistence that this is anything but spiritual is FALSE.
1. Gentile Believers Are Spiritual Jews The first false view is that Gentiles become "spiritual Jews" upon believing in the Messiah. Logically, if believing Jews are spiritual Jews and believing Gentiles are spiritual Jews, then in the Christian realm there are no distinctions, since all are spiritual Jews. Yet the Bible presents no such picture.
Well...I just gave proof above of that...but let's take it to the next step, where Paul point's it out using Abraham. That would be Romans 4:9-12:
9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “Faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”
10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;
11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised,that righteousness might be credited to them,
12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

The apostle's entire argument here, is that Abraham came to faith before hie was even circumcised. Also...in doing so Abraham became the father of ALL who believed BEFORE he was circumcised. So you really have a problem seeing it as you do.
a. The Meaning of Spirituality Perhaps the greatest problem with the term spiritual Jew is its use of the word "spiritual" to indicate some kind of national or racial transformation of the Gentile to a Jew. However, the Bible never uses the word "spiritual" in this sense.
No...that's more of your conjecture. The apostle clearly makes the point circumcision didn't matter when Abraham came to faith in God...but that God gave Abraham circumcision as a seal of the covenant.

However...take it to the next step...God tells Israel circumcision is a matter of the heart! He told them that in Deuteronomy 10:16:
16 So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.
What is spirituality? Spirituality involves three things: first, regeneration, second, the Holy Spirit, and third, time. This means that spirituality only involves the believer; it is produced by the Holy Spirit who brings the believer into a mature relationship with God; and, obviously, this takes time. As Dr. Charles Ryrie states, "Spirituality is a grown-up relation to the Holy Spirit."
Which is circumcision of the HEART!!! Read what you're saying!
A spiritual person is a believer who is under the control of the Holy Spirit. It is nothing more than that. So, if a Gentile is under the Spirit's control, he is a "spiritual Gentile." Likewise, a Jew who is under the Spirit's control is a "spiritual Jew." There is no crossing of national lines; a Gentile remains a Gentile, and a Jew remains a Jew. Their spirituality is based on their relationship to the Holy Spirit.
The apostles says you're wrong...it is circumcision of the spirit...which is done by the Holy Spirit. Ever read Romans 3:30?:
30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
Once again...the apostle says you're wrong!

Now intojoy...the rest of your post is total conjecture of what the apostle clearly says. Have you ever read Galatians 6:15, 16? The apostle CRUSHES your total argument saying:
15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

You are not believing God according to His word!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
2. No Difference Between Jews and Gentiles The first extreme argues against all distinctions by saying that all believers are Jews. This second extreme tries to make all believing Jews into non-Jews; usually by employing, out of context, one or more of three passages, having a phrase to the effect that "there is neither Jew nor Greek." But a careful study of the very same passages, in their contexts, will show that the distinction between Jews and Gentiles is erased only in certain areas and not in all. Furthermore, a study of the text in the light of related passages clearly indicates that, in other areas, the distinction is still very much in effect, even within the Body of believers.

The first of the three passages is I Corinthians 12:12-13: For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of the body, being many, are one body; so also is Christ. For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all made to drink of one Spirit. The clear teaching of this passage is that entrance into the Body is by Spirit baptism. This is the only way, and it is true for all, both Jew and Gentile. There is no difference. This is all that can be deduced from this passage, and no more.

The second passage is Galatians 3:28: There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus. The context of this passage deals with the matter of justification by faith. This is the only way anyone can be justified, whether Jew or Gentile. So in justification, there is no distinction between the two. That alone can be deduced from this passage, and no more.

The third passage is Colossians 3:11: where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all. The context is again the key to understanding this passage. Verses 5-11 are concerned with "putting off the old nature and putting on the new nature." This is the true and only way toward maturity and spirituality for any believer, Jew or Gentile. Again, no more than that can be deduced from this passage.

The conclusion we are drawing is obvious. In the areas of justification, membership in the Body, and growth toward maturity , the procedure is the same for Jew and Gentile without distinction. However, this does not mean that in every area the distinctions are forever erased between the two.
No intojoy, the point it makes is that in the natural we see diferences in Jew and Gentile...but in the Spirit, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!

Now...you labor to try to make that difference, but the scripture trumps you every time. Jesus made the point during His ministry to "the woman at the well"...who was a Samaritan! That would be John 4:21:
21 Jesus *said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.

1. Notice Jerusalem has NO SIGNIFICANCE to Jesus!

2. John 4:22:
22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
The point Jesus makes here is salvation comes through the Jews because Jesus is the promise to the Jews.

3. John 4:23, 24
23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; ]for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Jesus now makes the point that ALL WORSHIPERS of God will worship in the SPIRIT...NOT ACCORDING TO ETHNICITY.

When are you going to do that intojoy? You goof around a bit in these exchanges...but YOU'RE DEAD WRONG, that's on a serious note.

God people are ONE...Jews and Gentiles!!! You can try to say otherwise all you want but all you're doing is misinterpreting God's word.

Jew is nothing and Gentile is nothing...what it is...IS A NEW HEART IN CHRIST!!!

May God help you to see that!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coraline

Apr 22, 2013
Florida
✟1,027.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Gentiles become spiritual Jews" just went up in smoke.

I disagree with you too. (That is just one of the errors of "dispensationalism" )

As do others:

O. Palmer Robertson on the Israel of God [13]

The recognition of a distinctive people who are the recipients of God’s redemptive blessings and yet who have a separate existence apart from the church of Jesus Christ creates insuperable theological problems. Jesus Christ has only one body and only one bride, one people that he claims as his own, which is the true Israel of God. This one people is made up of Jews and Gentiles who believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah.

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
coraline said:
I disagree with you too. (That is just one of the errors of "dispensationalism" )

As do others:

O. Palmer Robertson on the Israel of God [13]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0875523986The recognition of a distinctive people who are the recipients of God’s redemptive blessings and yet who have a separate existence apart from the church of Jesus Christ creates insuperable theological problems. Jesus Christ has only one body and only one bride, one people that he claims as his own, which is the true Israel of God. This one people is made up of Jews and Gentiles who believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah.

Thx for identifying yourself

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

coraline quoted Robertson in post 154:

The recognition of a distinctive people who are the recipients of God’s redemptive blessings and yet who have a separate existence apart from the church of Jesus Christ creates insuperable theological problems. Jesus Christ has only one body and only one bride, one people that he claims as his own, which is the true Israel of God. This one people is made up of Jews and Gentiles who believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah.

That's right.

For all genetic Jews in the church remain members of whichever tribe of Israel they were born into (Romans 11:1, Acts 4:36). And all genetic Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), and so have been grafted into its various tribes (cf. Ezekiel 47:21-23). So the entire church is the 12 tribes of Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). This is necessary, for all those in the church are saved only by the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), and the New Covenant is made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 4:22b). John 10:16 refers to the "other sheep" of believers who are Gentiles being brought into "this fold" of Israel, which is the same as the "one fold" of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 21:9,12). A genetic Gentile believer can pray and ask which tribe of Israel he has been grafted into, and he will receive an answer from God, if he asks in faith (cf. Matthew 21:22), without any wavering (cf. James 1:6-7).

Also, all those in the church, no matter whether they're genetic Jews (Acts 22:3) or genetic Gentiles (Romans 16:4b), have become spiritually-circumcised Jews if they've undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus (Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13).

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bible2 said:
That's right.

For all genetic Jews in the church remain members of whichever tribe of Israel they were born into (Romans 11:1, Acts 4:36). And all genetic Gentiles in the church have been grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), and so have been grafted into its various tribes (cf. Ezekiel 47:21-23). So the entire church is the 12 tribes of Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). This is necessary, for all those in the church are saved only by the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), and the New Covenant is made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34, John 4:22b). John 10:16 refers to the "other sheep" of believers who are Gentiles being brought into "this fold" of Israel, which is the same as the "one fold" of the church (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 4:4-6, Revelation 21:9,12). A genetic Gentile believer can pray and ask which tribe of Israel he has been grafted into, and he will receive an answer from God, if he asks in faith (cf. Matthew 21:22), without any wavering (cf. James 1:6-7).

Also, all those in the church, no matter whether they're genetic Jews (Acts 22:3) or genetic Gentiles (Romans 16:4b), have become spiritually-circumcised Jews if they've undergone the spiritual circumcision of water-immersion (burial) baptism into Jesus (Romans 2:29, Philippians 3:3, Colossians 2:11-13).

The text said they are grafted into Israel?
That betokens unworthy scholarship indeed.

Upvote 0