If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

If a Jerusalem temple is rebuilt, will you see that as a significant sign of the end?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for making my point...which is the Davidic Covenant is with David. How hard is that to understand.

For the record...this is what I said to you:
The Land Covenant became part of the Sinaitic Covenant..Israel broke the Sinaitic Covenant.

The Davidic Covenant is with DAVID not Israel...and is fulfilled in Christ who is the seed of David...and is on the throne,

The New Covenant abolished the Old Covenant. Christ announced the New Covenant.

Just admit you were wrong...(I know it may be hard to do) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just WOW Doug. The covenant with David is Christ...read the covenant...it's crystal clear. Did you even read the Acts 2 reference? Peter tells you it's fulfilled. Jesus is King of king and Lord of lords...He is the seed of David...and He is still building His kingdom until the last day.

Literalism at it's worst!!! Have you read that Doug...I mean really read it???

What I want to know from you is when King David was king, where was his throne?

Doug

There is no Salvation apart from the shed blood of Jesus.

Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ebedmelech said:
Thanks for making my point...which is the Davidic Covenant is with David. How hard is that to understand.

For the record...this is what I said to you:

Just admit you were wrong...(I know it may be hard to do) :thumbsup:

No son, the covenant is with David who stood as the representative head for all Israel thus making the covenant a Jewish one.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it seemed that way at first, until Is 55 which is how the apostles saw it in Acts 13. Why are we wasting our time arguing with you instead of just listening to the apostles? Why do you never quote the apostles? Why do you say everything but what Acts 13 says?

2nd, it wasn't about the land kingdom anyway; Acts 13 says it was about being raised from the dead as our rep, never to decay. There is no other mention of the land kingdom; and David's fallen tent is raised in that the nations are starting to believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

intojoy

Jun 26, 2013
✟2,069.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interplanner said:
Maybe it seemed that way at first, until Is 55 which is how the apostles saw it in Acts 13. Why are we wasting our time arguing with you instead of just listening to the apostles? Why do you never quote the apostles? Why do you say everything but what Acts 13 says?

2nd, it wasn't about the land kingdom anyway; Acts 13 says it was about being raised from the dead as our rep, never to decay. There is no other mention of the land kingdom; and David's fallen tent is raised in that the nations are starting to believe.

I say then, Did God cast off his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. (Romans 11:1 ASV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ahh sleepy time. The spirit is willing but the ebed/interp is weak.
Good morning sons. :)
Actually you have a pride issue. You post proof that you have a wrong view of the Davidic Covenant...and you can't see it. But rather than enter into your sarcasm...I leave you to the Spirit who is our teacher...*if* we get out of our own way, and let Him..he'll teach us...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I want to know from you is when King David was king, where was his throne?

Doug

His throne was in his palace next to the Lord's house. Now...you think about this...where is the Lord's house? It's no longer in Jerusalem...and hasn't been since the veil of the temple was ripped in half when Jesus died as He gave up His Spirit!!!

The Jerusalem ABOVE is FREE...she is OUR MOTHER!!! :amen: :clap:

Secondly...the Davidic Covenant promised David that His "DESCENDANT" (notice the word is singular), would establish His kingdom.

That descendant is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ, who began to build His kingdom when He said "Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is AT HAND.

Thirdly Hebrews 1:1-4 makes that declaration
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

Translation...Jesus is King!!!

Fourth Doug, since Jesus is king, the DESCENDANT of David the throne is in heaven.

All you have to do is let the text tell you, put off your literal thinking, and let God show you that just as Jesus said His kingdom is NOT of this world.

We are the chosen, the "Israel of God", the chosen generation, the royal priesthood...:amen: :clap:

Is any of this sinking in...:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
His throne was in his palace next to the Lord's house. Now...you think about this...where is the Lord's house?

King David's throne was in Jerusalem. God's throne is what's in heaven.

Jesus is returning to this earth to reign and rule from Jerusalem in Israel, planet earth. He will rule with a rod iron - no more Hitlers, Stalins, Napoleans, Genghis Khans', Caesars, Ayatollahs and the likes among the nations.

Now you evaded Revelation 2:25-27. Where are those nations on heaven or earth? And where is Jesus coming to?

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
The above verse 27 is in obvious reference to Psalms 2, verse 9.

Psalms 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
The heathen in above verses, who attempt to stop Jesus from taking his place as King here on earth, on the holy hill of Zion, are the same heathen in Ezekiel 39, at Jesus's return. WHERE ARE THOSE HEATHEN? In heaven or earth? Jesus is going to destroy their armies they assemble to stop him. That is the judgment that he has just executed on them in verse 21.

Ezekiel 39:
21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.
Fourth Doug, since Jesus is king, the DESCENDANT of David the throne is in heaven.
God's throne is what's in heaven. David doesn't have a throne there.

Doug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
King David's throne was in Jerusalem. God's throne is what's in heaven.
You just can't make the correlation....:confused:

Why does Peter say the prophecy is fulfilled at Pentecost in Acts 2:30-35:
30 And so, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne,
31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay.
32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
33 Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.
34 For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Now...are you saying you can understand the right hand of God, IS the throne of Jesus???

What did Jesus sit on according to Hebrews 1:1-4 Doug???
Jesus is returning to this earth to reign and rule from Jerusalem in Israel, planet earth. He will rule with a rod iron - no more Hitlers, Stalins, Napoleans, Genghis Khans', Caesars, Ayatollahs and the likes among the nations.
No He's not. Jesus reigns right now. That you can't see that after reading Acts 2:31-35, Hebrews 1:1-4, Ephesians 1:18-22, and mainly Matthew 28:18, What do those passages say Doug?
Now you evaded Revelation 2:25-27. Where are those nations on heaven or earth? And where is Jesus coming to?

The above verse 27 is in obvious reference to Psalms 2, verse 9.
I didn't avoid anything. You don't understand that we reign with Christ, who is the subject of Psalm 2;9 and Rev 2:25-27.

The heathen in above verses, who attempt to stop Jesus from taking his place as King here on earth, on the holy hill of Zion, are the same heathen in Ezekiel 39, at Jesus's return. WHERE ARE THOSE HEATHEN? In heaven or earth? Jesus is going to destroy their armies they assemble to stop him. That is the judgment that he has just executed on them in verse 21.
The heathen are the lost Doug. I can't help it you don't understand that all of God's people are spiritual Jews
God's throne is what's in heaven. David doesn't have a throne there.
Doug

Once again...read:
Hebrew 1:8:
8 But of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
That's God speaking to Jesus...now where's the throne Doug?

Perhaps Hebrews 8:1 will help you also:
Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You just can't make the correlation....:confused:

Why does Peter say the prophecy is fulfilled at Pentecost in Acts 2:30-35:
30 And so, because he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn to him with an oath to seat one of his descendants on his throne,
31 he looked ahead and spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that He was neither abandoned to Hades, nor did His flesh suffer decay.
32 This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses.
33 Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear.
34 For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,
35 Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”’
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Now...are you saying you can understand the right hand of God, IS the throne of Jesus???

What did Jesus sit on according to Hebrews 1:1-4 Doug???

No He's not. Jesus reigns right now. That you can't see that after reading Acts 2:31-35, Hebrews 1:1-4, Ephesians 1:18-22, and mainly Matthew 28:18, What do those passages say Doug?

I didn't avoid anything. You don't understand that we reign with Christ, who is the subject of Psalm 2;9 and Rev 2:25-27.

You are still evading the question. Where is Jesus coming to in Revelation 2:25?

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
The heathen are the lost Doug. I can't help it you don't understand that all of God's people are spiritual Jews
The heathen are the lost, but that is not the question. The question is where are the heathen in Ezekiel 39:21, who he had just executed judgement on them in verses 17-20? He sets his glory among them. That's his Second Coming to reign and rule from king David's throne in Jerusalem, planet earth.

17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.
21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
Once again...read:
Hebrew 1:8:
8 But of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
That's God speaking to Jesus...now where's the throne Doug?
God's throne is heaven. King David's throne is here on earth, in Jerusalem.

Perhaps Hebrews 8:1 will help you also:
Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
No-one is arguing that Jesus is sitting on God's throne in heaven. But that is not King David's throne.

Jesus is going to return to this earth and rule and reign from King David's throne here on earth. It will be the beginning of the 1000 year reign, of the Kingdom of God here on earth that replaces all former kingdoms.

Jesus was not caught up to King David's throne, but the throne of God. He will be returning to rule the nations with a rod of iron.

Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The throne that Jesus sits on in heaven is God's Throne. The promise of a great king to sit on King David's throne is that of the maschiah, that the Jews are looking for and will eventually be fulfilled when Jesus returns - albeit right now they certainly don't accept that as what's going to happen. Are you saying the Jews are right?

Doug

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are still evading the question. Where is Jesus coming to in Revelation 2:25?
He's coming to earth...but he's coming to judge the world. You have no point.
The heathen are the lost, but that is not the question. The question is where are the heathen in Ezekiel 39:21, who he had just executed judgement on them in verses 17-20? He sets his glory among them. That's his Second Coming to reign and rule from king David's throne in Jerusalem, planet earth.
No it's not. But you'll keep thinking that. Try reading Matthew 25:31-46. You might get it. All this is...is Jesus bringing the reign to earth for judgment. After that...NEW HEAVEN NEW EARTH!!!
God's throne is heaven. King David's throne is here on earth, in Jerusalem.

No-one is arguing that Jesus is sitting on God's throne in heaven. But that is not King David's throne.
Wow Doug. Who gave David his throne? David ruled over God's people...who rules over God's people now? As Jesus asked the Pharisees Doug...WHY DID DAVID CALL JESUS LORD IN THE SPIRIT???
Jesus is going to return to this earth and rule and reign from King David's throne here on earth. It will be the beginning of the 1000 year reign, of the Kingdom of God here on earth that replaces all former kingdoms.

Jesus was not caught up to King David's throne, but the throne of God. He will be returning to rule the nations with a rod of iron.

I see you failed to read all of Rev 2:27...so try this:
27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;

Now...when did Jesus receive that authority Doug? Read Matthew 28:18

The throne that Jesus sits on in heaven is God's Throne. The promise of a great king to sit on King David's throne is that of the maschiah, that the Jews are looking for and will eventually be fulfilled when Jesus returns - albeit right now they certainly don't accept that as what's going to happen.
Are you saying the Jews are right?
Doug

Nope...Jesus is David's descendant...He's on the throne NOW. Too bad you don't see it.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He's coming to earth...but he's coming to judge the world. You have no point.

He's coming to earth because that's where King David's throne is, in Jerusalem.

He's coming to rule and reign the nations with a rod of iron, and us with him as Kings and Priests, with a rod of iron.

Revelation 1:
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
No it's not. But you'll keep thinking that. Try reading Matthew 25:31-46. You might get it. All this is...is Jesus bringing the reign to earth for judgment. After that...NEW HEAVEN NEW EARTH!!!
The Great White Throne judgement at the end of the millenium is not the topic. The question is where is King David throne, that Jesus will sit on.

Wow Doug. Who gave David his throne? David ruled over God's people...who rules over God's people now? As Jesus asked the Pharisees Doug...WHY DID DAVID CALL JESUS LORD IN THE SPIRIT???
Those aren't the question. The question is where is King David's throne? It is on earth in Jerusalem.

I see you failed to read all of Rev 2:27...so try this:
27 and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;

Now...when did Jesus receive that authority Doug? Read Matthew 28:18
Jesus received the authority when he came forth from the Father prior to creation, in the strictest sense. But as far as God declaring him as King placing him upon King David's throne it will be the day he returns to planet earth.

Zechariah 10:
9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
Nope...Jesus is David's descendant...He's on the throne NOW. Too bad you don't see it.
The question is not whether Jesus is David's descendant or that Jesus is sitting on God's throne - but where is King David's throne. And it is in Jerusalem, in Israel.

eb, if you don't mind I am going to break off this discussion with you. I think I have provided more than ample scriptural proof that Jesus will be returning to this earth to sit on King David's throne to rule over the nations with a rod of iron and the believers with him. My discussion with you has run it's course. Have a nice day.

Doug

Upvote 0