Idaho regional health board repeals mask mandate after hearing their hospital is overflowing

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are you complaining?
Mask wearers aren’t protecting themselves, they’re protecting other people.
From what? Snot? I don't know about you, but I don't go blowing snot on people, mask or no. And if I sneeze and touch my face, which I instinctively will, it's on my hand and its on my credit card or money and I am passing it around.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,256,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
From what? Snot? I don't know about you, but I don't go blowing snot on people, mask or no. And if I sneeze and touch my face, which I instinctively will, it's on my hand and its on my credit card or money and I am passing it around.

When a person respirates, talks, laughs, or sings, they breath out liquid vapor that other people can breath in, if they are close enough (this vapor is easily visible on a cold day, in fact). Which is why wearing a mask and social distancing are important ways to combat the spread of COVID-19.

So you catch it by wearing the mask, which doesn't stop you from breathing on others BTW, because most people don't wear them right, or if they do, only sometimes. They are a joke. You are still touching items others touch. So you are still transferring the virus with or without the mask.

Seatbelts might not be fastened and adjusted correctly, yet we still have them in cars and require their use by law, and they do save lives.

Getting virus particles on credit cards or your skin isn't the primary way that COVID-19 being transmitted, so it is a bit of a red herring.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Triumvirate
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a person respirates, talks, laughs, or sings, they breath out liquid vapor that other people can breath in, if they are close enough (this vapor is easily visible on a cold day, in fact). Which is why wearing a mask and social distancing are important ways to combat the spread of COVID-19.
Only the mask doesn't stop the vapor. I know because if it did, my glasses would not steam up.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Getting virus particles on credit cards or your skin isn't the primary way that COVID-19 being transmitted, so it is a bit of a red herring.
So you say. I'm not so sure. Because hands touch masks, transfer virus makes a lot more sense than breathing on you from five feet away.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Only the mask doesn't stop the vapor. I know because if it did, my glasses would not steam up.

You realize that your glasses are steaming up because all the vapor doesn't all go through the mask (as it would be projected forward if you were wearing no mask), but some of vapor escapes through the top of the mask. The fact that your glasses steam up shows that the projection of vapor coming out of your mask is being impacted by the mask.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You realize that your glasses are steaming up because all the vapor doesn't all go through the mask (as it would be projected forward if you were wearing no mask), but some of vapor escapes through the top of the mask. The fact that your glasses steam up shows that the projection of vapor coming out of your mask is being impacted by the mask.
It's still escaping. Plus I can not see.

Upvote 0