Idaho regional health board repeals mask mandate after hearing their hospital is overflowing

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Prayers
Reactions: DaisyDay

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How stupid can they be? .
You had to ask?
Well, a member ofa REGIONAL HEALTH BOARD said...""Something's making these people sick, and I'm pretty sure that it's not coronavirus, so the question that you should be asking is, 'What's making them sick?'" he told the medical professionals who testified."

Another one said "I personally do not care whether anybody wears a mask or not. If they want to be dumb enough to walk around and expose themselves and others, that's fine with me," Kirby said. "Nobody's wearing the damned mask anyway... I'm sitting back and watching them catch it and die. Hopefully I'll live through it."

It's a bit funny actually! AS you read through the article, you see that ultimately, it's just different levels of people being cowards. Just all cowards. Front line staff ask for help? Meh. Let's get the governor to do something so we aren't the bad guys. Pathetic.

Good luck Republicans! Don't die! At least, I HOPE you don't. But really, more than anything, I hope that health professionals will be able to show the amount of care board members show to individuals they should be trying to protect.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You had to ask?
Well, a member ofa REGIONAL HEALTH BOARD said...""Something's making these people sick, and I'm pretty sure that it's not coronavirus, so the question that you should be asking is, 'What's making them sick?'" he told the medical professionals who testified."

Another one said "I personally do not care whether anybody wears a mask or not. If they want to be dumb enough to walk around and expose themselves and others, that's fine with me," Kirby said. "Nobody's wearing the damned mask anyway... I'm sitting back and watching them catch it and die. Hopefully I'll live through it."

It's a bit funny actually! AS you read through the article, you see that ultimately, it's just different levels of people being cowards. Just all cowards. Front line staff ask for help? Meh. Let's get the governor to do something so we aren't the bad guys. Pathetic.

Good luck Republicans! Don't die! At least, I HOPE you don't. But really, more than anything, I hope that health professionals will be able to show the amount of care board members show to individuals they should be trying to protect.

I'm not sure how to take that Kirby guy's comments. Is he really okay with it or is he just so disgusted with everybody that he's given up?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure how to take that Kirby guy's comments. Is he really okay with it or is he just so disgusted with everybody that he's given up?
To me, he sounds tired and defeated.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Knowing the state next door, at least that part of it, he has given up in disgust. And for good reason, that part of the state is very independent orientated and don't like government types telling them what to do.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cbsnews said:
Board members overseeing the operations of Idaho's public health districts are appointed by county commissioners and not required to have any medical experience.
I'm speechless.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And for good reason, that part of the state is very independent orientated and don't like government types telling them what to do.
"Don't tell me that I can't spread a deadly virus around if I want to!!!" :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
"Don't tell me that I can't spread a deadly virus around if I want to!!!" :mad:
I recall reading about people who were convicted of attempted murder for knowingly infecting people with HIV.

In 2020, knowingly spreading a deadly virus seems to be the conservative policy for thinning the herd.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And how many of those who have the virus caught it while wearing masks?
The mask isn't to protect the person wearing it as much as it is to protect others from them. If both people wear masks and social distance, approx. 6' apart, the chances of catching the virus are greatly reduced.
That's why the people who won't wear them are so selfish because they won't help to keep other people safe.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And how many of those who have the virus caught it while wearing masks?

Who knows? But we do know Idaho residents are less likely to be wearing masks.

imrs.php

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Knowing the state next door, at least that part of it, he has given up in disgust. And for good reason, that part of the state is very independent orientated and don't like government types telling them what to do.

Idaho is the home of many paranoid, far-right, anti-government groups, so it's not surprising.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mask isn't to protect the person wearing it as much as it is to protect others from them. If both people wear masks and social distance, approx. 6' apart, the chances of catching the virus are greatly reduced.
That's why the people who won't wear them are so selfish because they won't help to keep other people safe.
Seems everyone has forgotten all about the virus being on surfaces. Touch an object that an infected person touched and then adjust your mask. Tag, you are infected! I would be willing to wager that more people are infected because of wearing masks than are saved by them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Seems everyone has forgotten all about the virus being on surfaces.
Which is why you wear the mask; to reduce the likelihood that your (infected) spit/phlegm/mucus is breathed/sneezed/coughed onto those surfaces.

IOW you answered your own question of a few posts (#11) before. Congratulations.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is why you wear the mask; to reduce the likelihood that your (infected) spit/phlegm/mucus is breathed/sneezed/coughed onto those surfaces.

IOW you answered your own question of a few posts (#11) before. Congratulations.
So you catch it by wearing the mask, which doesn't stop you from breathing on others BTW, because most people don't wear them right, or if they do, only sometimes. They are a joke. You are still touching items others touch. So you are still transferring the virus with or without the mask.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems everyone has forgotten all about the virus being on surfaces. Touch an object that an infected person touched and then adjust your mask. Tag, you are infected! I would be willing to wager that more people are infected because of wearing masks than are saved by them.

It's not that simple. Merely adjusting your mask or touching your face after touching a contaminated surface won't necessarily mean you will become ill. It takes a certain amount of virus inoculum entering into the body (and the skin itself is a barrier) to actually become ill from the Coronavirus. A virus is not akin to cooties or a magical, mysterious force.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So you catch it by wearing the mask, which doesn't stop you from breathing on others BTW, because most people don't wear them right, or if they do, only sometimes. They are a joke. You are still touching items others touch. So you are still transferring the virus with or without the mask.
Why are you complaining?
Mask wearers aren’t protecting themselves, they’re protecting other people.

Upvote 0