✟7,731.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I'm typing to the appropriate area.
I'm interested to know how others found Jesus and if you've had any experience with him. My discovery is fairly recent.

My name is Angel and I've always pondered my faith, I've never been a non-believer, just never found my feet.

I am in a relationship with someone of a different faith, I'm envious of their strong beliefs. There are lots of problems in the relationship, I wont go into it but this is what lead to my discovery.
Feeling deeply hurt and saddened I reached out to a well respected healer in his own faith and asked for guidance - I never heard anything back.

I decided to pray to God myself, perhaps for the first time properly, ever. I want to be happy, be married and have my own family and live in peace.
The following day I was drying my hair in the mirror and felt a hand press down on my right shoulder, I screamed so loud my Father came rushing in to see if I was ok.
I had this feeling it was an awakening, I'm sure it was Jesus.

I also had a dream about having a son and his name was Reza, I'm unaware of this name but it is a common name in my partners country - however, I am in Spain, a few weeks ago I had prayed in a small church I had found on a long walk. Unbeknown to me Reza means pray in Spanish.

Just last week I got out of the car on an empty street, no one around and it was very dark, right in front of me was a bench with a book on it. It was a new testament wrote in english and Spanish.

So this is my story so far, I hope I havent bored any of you. As I say, I'm very new to all this and finding my faith.

Thank you for reading, I really hope to hear your experiences too.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
I'm interested to know how others found Jesus and if you've had any experience with him. My discovery is fairly recent.

My name is Angel and I've always pondered my faith, I've never been a non-believer, just never found my feet.

I am in a relationship with someone of a different faith, I'm envious of their strong beliefs. There are lots of problems in the relationship, I wont go into it but this is what lead to my discovery.
Feeling deeply hurt and saddened I reached out to a well respected healer in his own faith and asked for guidance - I never heard anything back.

I decided to pray to God myself, perhaps for the first time properly, ever. I want to be happy, be married and have my own family and live in peace.
The following day I was drying my hair in the mirror and felt a hand press down on my right shoulder, I screamed so loud my Father came rushing in to see if I was ok.

I also had a dream about having a son and his name was Reza, I'm unaware of this name but it is a common name in my partners country - however, I am in Spain, a few weeks ago I had prayed in a small church I had found on a long walk. Unbeknown to me Reza means pray in Spanish.

Just last week I got out of the car on an empty street, no one around and it was very dark, right in front of me was a bench with a book on it. It was a new testament wrote in english and Spanish.

So this is my story so far, I hope I havent bored any of you. As I say, I'm very new to all this and finding my faith.

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
First of all, the Bible teaches us to not be "unequally yoked" meaning you should not be in a relationship with a non-Christian unless you are already married to them. So my course of advice is that, unless you are married to this person to break off the relationship to keep with the commands of the Bible. If you are married to this person and he is not a Christian then the course would be to be loving to them, not to get a divorce, but that you might "win them without speaking a word" because of your faith.

As far as experiencing Jesus, I sometimes have revelations of Christ and his death on the cross, which is a word of wisdom seen in 1 Corinthians 12.

Perhaps it was Jesus who touched you, I cannot judge this, but perhaps it was not, but a deception. I can't say because I don't know what it was you experienced. But the Bible says to "test all things" and this falls in that category. I would advise you to test this experiences somehow to make sure it was from God and not from Satan trying to deceive you.

I have experienced things I cannot explain that I KNOW were NOT from God, but from the Accuser. You have to know when it is God and when it is not and that is not always easy. I suggest you dedicate yourself to prayer about this. I say it might not be from God because I believe you are living in sin because you are yoked with a non-Christian and this is not God's will that you do this as it goes against His commands.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello all,

Hi Angel

Welcome. You have come to the right place. Led here.
Have you heard the name Reza Safa? He is an amazing man, do look up about him on Google and also try watching TBN - it is a Christian programmes network that offers a lot of inspiration and information.

You are very open and ready to receive Jesus into your heart. I can sense it. Are you reading a Bible? Do you pray to Jesus to come into your life? It is both simple and a long journey but the most important step you will ever take. It is about faith and building your knowledge and understanding of the Word of God which is the Bible and praying to Christ.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I turned to God from idols. I started to disbelieve the idols because they gave me many years of bad impressions about my future fortune. God took notice of me. I was then impressed at many Christians worshippers ; that their God is as if so close to them. I like to believe Him.

As a new believer, a youth leader requested me to give testimony about my conversion. I said that I don’t know how to give testimony like they request but I did agree with him that I will pray to the Lord for this.

I enjoy the fellowship and new environment in the church but every Saturday, the youth leader persisted that I shared. I can only pray to God as I have said.

Eventually, God show my life as a cup in a desert. I was thirsty then fall living waters from the clouds above. I was overwhelmed with joy. I have never tasted this JOY in my life before. From then on, I knew I serve the true and living God.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello and welcome to CF. Maybe i could just start with 2 encounters that i had with this amazing Man from Galilee. I'll try to keep it short.

1st encounter was around 2008, when a voice spoke to me with such authority, calling on me to repent, and seek God and His righteousness. Later around 2016, less than a month before i went through a very bad attack in my life, that same voice, i had heard back in 2008, spoke the exact same words, telling me to repent and seek God. This is why i am here today, busy loving my King Jesus.

Have a blessed time on CF.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0