Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we have gotten many of ours from St. Tikhon's Seminary bookstore. I'd ask ArmyMatt.

Thanks so much I will check out ST. Tikhon's, I heard great things about them. I will also ask ArmyMatt as soon as I am settled at home for evening

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ArmyMatt here, yes, order from St Tikhon's Monastery bookstore. they have a ton. there are also good iconographers who post on here from time to time (like ikonographics).

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I love the one I have from St. Tikhon's. :)

I recently ordered from Uncut Mountain Supply to take advantage of a sale. The icons are lovely, but they have a flat finish. I would have chosen a different one if I had realized that (Pantokrator mosaic from Hagia Sophia - it needs a little shine IMO).

I also have quite a few images I ordered of Iconographics; they are very nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: Orthodoxjay1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Buy hand-painted, or go home, yo! LOL
:p

I still wouldn't have a single icon if that were the case.

I still have only one I've bought in my icon corner - got it for something like 85% off. The rest are small ones given to me, and some paper icons I framed.

(The two I bought recently are still in the altar at Church and will be for a while yet.)

I've seen photos of the cells of Saints that had paper icons pasted to the wall ...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny thing is that all of our icons, and we have many, are 100% hand-painted! Something about the laminated drives me nuts!

:p

I still wouldn't have a single icon if that were the case.

I still have only one I've bought in my icon corner - got it for something like 85% off. The rest are small ones given to me, and some paper icons I framed.

(The two I bought recently are still in the altar at Church and will be for a while yet.)

I've seen photos of the cells of Saints that had paper icons pasted to the wall ...

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Funny thing is that all of our icons, and we have many, are 100% hand-painted! Something about the laminated drives me nuts!
You are very blessed. :)

Maybe someday. Right now I do what I do so that I can attend Liturgy often. But if I arranged things a bit differently, purchasing icons and visiting monasteries would be up there. :)

I certainly don't disagree with your priorities. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My first Icon was given to me - and no not hand painted . The curious thing is that others seemed to follow it - I think at the beginning I only bought two - the rest came as gifts . I've heard other folk finding this too - one icon just 'attracts' others to it.

My Guardian Angel Icon is from the hand of a very skilled member of TAW :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

just remember that the myrrh gushing Hawaiian Iveron Icon is a print

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
just remember that the myrrh gushing Hawaiian Iveron Icon is a print
Funny thing. I'm supposed to transfer to Hawaii next year, but before I left for boot camp back in 2012, that icon was making the rounds through Seattle and I have a small print with a cotton swab of the myrrh :cool:

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you ever do want to get a hand painted icon, I recommend using the services of someone who is at the start of their vocation as an iconographer.

I love the style of Fr Andrew Tregubov (sp?), but his icons are way out of our price range. His daughter on the other hand is extremely talented as well, and learned from her father. She was the iconographer for my avatar. She painted it when she was at the beginning of her vocation as an iconographer, and did a beautiful job with it. In fact, it is one of the only icons of St Laura of Córdoba. It is completely original as no one had created a icon of St Laura, with the exception of one triptych with two other saints.

This is a her portfolio: http://brighticons.com/BrightIcons/Portfolio.html

This is a link to my icon:
http://brighticons.com/BrightIcons/Portfolio.html#16

For non-hand painted icons - I agree about St Tikhon's. Also, our deacon has an Orthodox bookstore with icons: www.orthodoxincense.com

If you ever want incense for home...he had a great selection!

Last edited:
Upvote 0