loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iceland's Prime Minister To Skip Meeting With VP Mike Pence
The top leader of Iceland said she will miss a visit to her tiny North Atlantic nation by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence next month in favor of speaking at a trade union conference in Sweden.

Prime Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir said "prior commitments" will keep her from meeting with Pence in early September. She is scheduled to address the Council of Nordic Trade Unions' annual meeting in Malmo, Sweden, on Sept. 3. Pence arrivesSept. 4 en route to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
tulc(thought this was interesting) :)

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's a very odd development... In the beginning it sounded like it was just an offhand comment meant to be a joke.

Personally I don't feel like there should be any reason for holding a grudge against Trump or Pence for making that (albeit outlandish) offer. I mean all they have to say is no, as they have, and move on.

There's no true indication that they're avoiding Pence, but if they are because of that whole topic it's childish of them. I'm fairly confident if another country offered to buy the US, which would most definitely be no, US leaders would still be willing to meet with them on other matters...

We'll see. I'm really curious how this will pan out.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a very odd development... In the beginning it sounded like it was just an offhand comment meant to be a joke.

Personally I don't feel like there should be any reason for holding a grudge against Trump or Pence for making that (albeit outlandish) offer. I mean all they have to say is no, as they have, and move on.

There's no true indication that they're avoiding Pence, but if they are because of that whole topic it's childish of them. I'm fairly confident if another country offered to buy the US, which would most definitely be no, US leaders would still be willing to meet with them on other matters...

We'll see. I'm really curious how this will pan out.
she had a prior commitment so she couldn’t meet with Pence. The Donald is the one who canceled in a huff

Upvote 0