Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello,

Im 24 years old and new to the forum.

Ive had IBS since I was 14 years old (10 years) and honestly it cripples my life.

I have been with my current boyfriend for nearly a year and he does treat me really well. However, I am starting to have doubts.

Because of my IBS, I display unpleasant symptoms and he makes comments and mocks me. Hes even said he finds it unattractive and he shows me no affection compared to at the start.

Ive cried a few times about it because if he loves me he shouldnt make me feel so low about myself. Its my biggest in security. Im starting my masters in Occupational Therapy in Jan 2020 and I just feel like starting fresh, as a single person.. I really dont know what to do :'( Please feel free to message me or leave a comment (Male or Female). Does anyone have similar issues?

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF :wave:

Sorry you are having a rough time with these problems

I wonder if you would get better help by posting here Christian Advice

I'm sure that someone on this Site will be able to help you through their personal experience

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF.

I agree you might be better off asking in Christian Advice.

As for myself, I have found that honesty and addressing issues is sometimes helpful. Without getting emotional, or defensive, or provoking a fight (so maybe not in the moment if it's not possible to be calm enough when it happens) ... something like "it really hurts my feelings when you say xyz, because I'm sensitive about abc issue". The way the person responds will help show the best way forward.

When a person is in a marriage, there is the commitment to work through such issues and it can be a long term effort. But as boyfriend/girlfriend, it is usually more a matter of deciding if this person is suitable for marrying before the commitment is made. If it turns out that a person is unwilling to consider their partner's feelings when everything is laid out in this way, that can be an important thing to consider whether such a person would be likely to make a suitable husband/wife. It's never a good idea to marry and hope such things can be changed for the better.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are not married yet, I would suggest you to really pray about It and ask God whether or not this is the person for you. Also communicate with him about your feelings and see how he responds. Of course It is important to examine yourself as well and see whether those feelings are reasonable. Without knowing the details It is hard to give advice. But praying and reading His word is the key, talking to Christian friends that know both of you well will help too.

Upvote 0