-HisGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lynnwood
✟11,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever since I was little I can remember shaking my head to the side kind of hard. It kind of felt like an OCD thing, like I had to keep doing it until I was satisfied. I have done it on and off for my whole life and recently I just started doing it again but I have been trying to stop.

I'm really scared this is damaging my brain and is setting me up for bad things mentally in the future. So I'm just asking for prayer that the Lord would heal any damage that I have done to my brain. And that He would release me from the bondage of OCD and that I wouldn't have the urge to shake my head or do any other tics I do.

I will be visiting a doctor just to check out my brain in the coming week!

Thanks! God bless :)

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ever since I was little I can remember shaking my head to the side kind of hard. It kind of felt like an OCD thing, like I had to keep doing it until I was satisfied. I have done it on and off for my whole life and recently I just started doing it again but I have been trying to stop.

I'm really scared this is damaging my brain and is setting me up for bad things mentally in the future. So I'm just asking for prayer that the Lord would heal any damage that I have done to my brain. And that He would release me from the bondage of OCD and that I wouldn't have the urge to shake my head or do any other tics I do.

"Heavenly Father, I pray that you'll set this child free from any obsessive-compulsive disorders that she may be suffering from. In Jesus blessed holy Name I pray, amen." Believe that you've been set free child and the physician will confirm the same when you visit him. God bless :).

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

As your Faith is, so let it be done unto you,
Be Healed of this affliction in Jesus' name!

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
May I suggest trying to replace the habit with another more healthier one that could benefit you? If you do this habit while your stressed try and think of the better habit. So, ok drinking water could be an option. When you feel the urge to shake your head, drink just a sip of water. Don't gulp down the water. Sip it as if it's the nourishment you need and think about how the head shaking caused you to any social/emotional or physical pain. Give thanks to God that you don't have to do it anymore.

I only offer such advice because, though I am undiagnosed with OCD, I have these weird tics that I don't have to do, but I simply do them because I like to fidget. I found that drawing or making art in any form helped to keep my hands working.

I hope and pray you're able to sustain stopping the habit since you don't want to have it!

• Friendly
Reactions: -HisGirl-
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just asking for prayer that the Lord would heal any damage that I have done to my brain. And that He would release me from the bondage of OCD and that I wouldn't have the urge to shake my head or do any other tics I do.
Father I ask that You would bless @-HisGirl- with Your peace and enable her, by Your grace, to overcome any habitual tics she has been dealing with.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, You have seen this prayer request. I pray your blessing and healing upon this one. I pray that You also will use this situation to bless them in a far greater way than deliverance from this problem. I pray it draws them to You, reveals more of You to them and others as well, that like the man born blind, it will turn out to Your glory, and for good of people. Amen.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-HisGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lynnwood
✟11,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I suggest trying to replace the habit with another more healthier one that could benefit you? If you do this habit while your stressed try and think of the better habit. So, ok drinking water could be an option. When you feel the urge to shake your head, drink just a sip of water. Don't gulp down the water. Sip it as if it's the nourishment you need and think about how the head shaking caused you to any social/emotional or physical pain. Give thanks to God that you don't have to do it anymore.

I only offer such advice because, though I am undiagnosed with OCD, I have these weird tics that I don't have to do, but I simply do them because I like to fidget. I found that drawing or making art in any form helped to keep my hands working.

I hope and pray you're able to sustain stopping the habit since you don't want to have it!

Thank you so much! I haven't thought about replacing it with something healthy! I will for sure try it! I haven't done that tic in a couple of days and I'm very happy :)

Upvote 0

-HisGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lynnwood
✟11,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your prayers! I have been fighting this tic for a couple of days and it's been hard but I feel God is giving me the strength to overcome it! I get urges a lot and am kind of starting other tics that I used to do but I really am hoping God will free me from everything!

Upvote 0

Nikki1445

Sep 15, 2016
Houston
✟10,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your prayers! I have been fighting this tic for a couple of days and it's been hard but I feel God is giving me the strength to overcome it! I get urges a lot and am kind of starting other tics that I used to do but I really am hoping God will free me from everything!

I am believing with you that God has already healed you of this.

Thank you Heavenly father for freedom from this. Thank you Lord for covering your precious child with your everlasting peace throughout her body. We declare that by Jesus' stripes, she is healed! (Isaiah 53:5)

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All things are possible to them that believe. and if just two of us agree.. the Father will answer. What so ever you desire when you pray.. believe you receive it and you will have it. If we know the Father hears us when we pray we know we have the petitions was asked for.. His WILL is His word. And Isa 53:5 and 1st Peter 2:24. Jesus gave us all power over the enemy.

And.. know that NOTHING has the right to control you. Nothing..yeah. its a lie. You DONT have to listen to it. You have fear..you say His word.. NO.. I don't receive this fear. God has not give me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a SOUND MIND. And short verse.. and NOTHING Shall by any means hurt you.

See.. we need to KNOW..GOD CANT LIE. So if HE said it.. IT HAS to happen. His WILL is His word. And I gave you some of HIS word. Put your faith in HIM. If HE said it.. no mater what it looks like sounds like feels like.. HE WILL KEEP HIS WORD! For His JOY..the Fathers JOY is your strength. Jesus gave you HIS peace..not this worlds peace. Just like salvation.. just receive it.

The shaking will stop in Jesus name. You WILL just be doing something and .. it will hit you.. I am not shaking my head anymore. Jesus came for YOU. He set YOU free from ALL the power of the enemy. I thank you Father for hearing us and giving her your peace which surpasses all understanding, will guard HER heart and HER mind in Christ Jesus. In JESUS name.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

-HisGirl-

Mar 19, 2017
Lynnwood
✟11,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All things are possible to them that believe. and if just two of us agree.. the Father will answer. What so ever you desire when you pray.. believe you receive it and you will have it. If we know the Father hears us when we pray we know we have the petitions was asked for.. His WILL is His word. And Isa 53:5 and 1st Peter 2:24. Jesus gave us all power over the enemy.

And.. know that NOTHING has the right to control you. Nothing..yeah. its a lie. You DONT have to listen to it. You have fear..you say His word.. NO.. I don't receive this fear. God has not give me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a SOUND MIND. And short verse.. and NOTHING Shall by any means hurt you.

See.. we need to KNOW..GOD CANT LIE. So if HE said it.. IT HAS to happen. His WILL is His word. And I gave you some of HIS word. Put your faith in HIM. If HE said it.. no mater what it looks like sounds like feels like.. HE WILL KEEP HIS WORD! For His JOY..the Fathers JOY is your strength. Jesus gave you HIS peace..not this worlds peace. Just like salvation.. just receive it.

The shaking will stop in Jesus name. You WILL just be doing something and .. it will hit you.. I am not shaking my head anymore. Jesus came for YOU. He set YOU free from ALL the power of the enemy. I thank you Father for hearing us and giving her your peace which surpasses all understanding, will guard HER heart and HER mind in Christ Jesus. In JESUS name.

Thank you so much :) I have noticed that I haven't been shaking my head anymore and I've been giving a lot of thanks to the Lord! I do get urges sometimes but so far God has been really healing me from it! This is awesome!

Upvote 0