• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

I witnessed the Spirit while in rehab.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PunySon, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:53 PM.

1. PunySon

PunySon New Member

+12
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I was in a faith-based drug and alcohol rehab for over a year with a young man from New York. The rehab is based in California and focuses on a Jesus-centric approach to holistically reform the addict. It is live-in and the students study the Bible and meditate on the Word 7 days a week with no access to any outside contact. No internet, no TV, no books, no music of any kind unless it is directly involved with the nurturing of their faith. It was pretty tough, and I saw countless people drop out of the 18-month program.

I also witnessed the transformation of my friend from a drug-dealing, cussword-slinging drug addict to a child of God over the course of the 18 odd months. What's more? Utilizing his time there he's written, illustrated, and published his own children's book! It was really encouraging for me to witness the Spirit working in my friend, which played a big role in my eventual acceptance of Christ as well.

Since graduating from the program 10 months ago, he's been clean and sober. He works at a food bank run by a local church, and he was even awarded a reward of recognition for community service by the city. If you met him today, you would never have guessed that this radiant young man abused and sold drugs for over a decade. He is going to donate the proceeds from this book back into the rehab program (it's completely free for students, running purely on donations). This is one of the coolest examples of the living Word changing a person's life, and I just wanted to share it with you guys. [Staff Edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2020 at 11:24 AM
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann ...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me Supporter

+10,065
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Andrewn

Andrewn Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,646
    Canada
    Anglican
    Married
    Welcome to the CF. Hope you enjoy the fellowship and discussions.

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Jesus the Christ Supporter

+10,176
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Glad you decided to join us!

5. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+13,791
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Now you have told us about your friend , how about telling us a little about yourself and why you have come here

6. kingsdaughter85

kingsdaughter85 Well-Known Member CF Ambassadors

+749
    Albania
    Christian
    Private
    Welcome and God bless you❤️

7. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+2,305
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That's a wonderful story! May God bless you both as you move forward with your lives and recovery :)

8. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+10,273
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Hi and welcome here.I'm so happy to hear your good news.

9. Recorder Player

Recorder Player New Member

+16
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thank you for sharing my friend.

10. Deade

Deade Called of God Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+1,017
    United States
    Christian