Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm getting a lot of that actually. I understand the request to a degree but I think the whole point of spiritual discernment is for us to decipher what the Holy Spirit has for us through people in this age. The Holy Spirit can work through the members of our church and this information can come through as prophecy and word of knowledge etc. There is no reference in the bible for this kind of specific information, we must have spiritual discernment. I'm not sure if some of these people are entrapped by a religious spirit, or if it's fear, or some kind of pride preventing them from seeing that the Holy Spirit is WITH us, not just a part of a storybook. Even in the bible, the Holy Spirit is able to enlighten us on His book because He wrote it for us.
For someone to believe that these gifts ended with the apostles, they are putting a massive block in their spiritual growth. Christianity is not simply about quoting doctrines and edifying the mind and being "religious". That's what the Pharisees were all about.
Those who are refusing to use the gifts of the Spirit and are teaching others to refuse them, are actually disobeying the Scriptural command, "Follow after love and desire spiritual gifts, rather that you may prophesy". This is not a recommendation but a definite instruction. Willful disobedience of Scripture can have catastrophic effects on a person's standing with Christ.

Upvote 0