United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I Wish I Could...

Remove my neighbor's stereo for their nightly blast fest. Last night was Justin Timberlake!

Ewww.

I wish all feminist would magically disappear from the earth. Probably the most noble wish anyone has ever thought up if I can say so myself, lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish I could have been born in 1940. Because then I would have been 27 during the Summer of Love and 29 at Woodstock - perfect.

Yeah but then you'd be 80 now. :(

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I wish my apartment complex didn't have the pet policy it has so that I could afford to just go ahead and adopt the sad older street cat who lives on the grounds and is attached to me (or more so to my apartment, since the lady who lived here before me apparently let it in and fed it regularly; thanks, lady :doh:). It's sad. The poor thing will come up to my stoop and try to stick its nose or its paw in over the thresh hold at the front door, as though if it manages that without me noticing, that means it 'wins' and I have to let it in. Nope. I don't want to be rude, but there is no way I would not notice a cat in this condition (at least 6 years of no brushing makes it look a lot bigger and scarier than it probably is), and that's precisely why it can't come in. I don't exactly want whatever it probably has all over my apartment. (Corona? Parasites? A smoking habit? That's another thing: it lives such a hard life, it has a meow like the cat version of Tom Waits.) But I'm sure if it was cleaned up and treated by a vet so that it would come out with a clean bill of health, it'd be a perfectly nice cat and very appreciative of finally being able to be an inside cat. I'm just not the one who can afford to do all that right now (pay the pet deposit, the vet, the groomer, and then the more incidental things like cat food, litter, toys, etc.), and I'm guessing those who can would probably rather go get a not-mangy cat.

So instead of helping it out like that, I'm reduced to just saying hello every morning and very occasionally petting it and telling it that it's a good boy or girl, if I can get to a sink immediately afterwards (since it smells so terrible; again, life outside in the elements...it's not ideal for the modern cat, and particularly not in an urban environment like the one I live in).

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wish this nation would turn back to Christ, that we'd humble ourselves, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways. I wish the pandemic was over and everything connected to it, the social distancing and closures all passed away. I wish the riots were over and people could find unity in Christ despite their differences in skin tone. I wish I was healthy, had a job, and a family of my own, I wish I could go to church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Oh yeah, and I wish I knew what these two posts mean:

1. Why are you giving me so much attention?

2. You should reread your old material to see how far you've come since you started.

"Reese Piece Post Translate" - coming 2021

Upvote 0