I wish I had someone to talk to. Feeling unsure.

mikethecrusader

May 19, 2007
✟15,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

I am a Republican. I watched the msnbc and fox republican debates. During the first debate (msnbc) one candidate slightly stood out for me. His name was Ron Paul. It didn't look like he spoke much, but he sounded like he was speaking from the heart. I looked up some information about him and some of viewer polls said he won the debate. I don't know if that is true however.

Anyways then the fox debate happened and Rudy took a cheap shot at Ron Paul, when Ron was trying to explain some things I had read about called blow back. I was mad when Rudy did this, because I think Rudy is mean. I even watched after the show and Hannity was being mean to Ron Paul, but he was being extremely nice to Rudy. Why did Hannity do that? I have to admit that I am starting to like Ron Paul because he is a Christian like me and he says quite honestly he is pro-life and thinks Roe vs. Wade should be - I think the word was in the msnbc debate - expelled.

I hope to get some feedback from everyone. Maybe Ron Paul isn't the right candidate, I just feel like I can trust him and he as goodness in him.:wave:

Reactions: DieHappy

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
considering that he's the ONLY conservative running, I think he's a good choice for a conservative.

I'm not one, but I find his views less objectionable than the authotarians that make up much of the rest of the GOP (and Democratic party, for that matter)

Upvote 0

mikethecrusader

May 19, 2007
✟15,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Diehappy. Thanks for the links to the other threads. I noticed one of your posts stating Rudy G. had the most consistient stance on the abortion issue. I disagree. From the two debates I watched, Rudy seems to be saying he does what the people want him to do. Rudy is also pro-choice, no matter how he avoids the question.

I am probably not expressing my feeling correctly, but Ron Paul is giving me such hope, two of his goals that are most important to me are bringing our troops home and expelling roe vs. wade. Not to mention he wants to abolish the income tax :blush:

Upvote 0
When choosing the leader of my nation, town or state. I don't care how 'mean' or 'nice' they are, what I care about are their policies and how they are to be enected.

I'm more then sure these sorts of debates are deliberatly held to take the focus off of their integrity and to focus more on their charisma, which to some extent is important.

However out of a choice of the person who will raise a country up whilst also being a complete jerk opposed to the nicest person who will bring a country to it's knees, I know which one I'd rather have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hannity also wants to back a winner, and Guiliani is one of the only candidates put up by the GOP that has a shot at the White House. Though Hannity would never admit it publicly, he's not a complete moron and he knows quite well what the Legislative turnover means for Republican chances at keeping the White House next election. He knows Bush has damaged the GOP's chances of keeping the presidency, and Rudy is one of the few that has a decent chance of overcoming that damage.

Then again, you've got guys like James Dobson taking shots at Giuliani and saying that he's a terrible choice for president, even saying he'd be willing to sit out the election or back another, more conservative candidate rather than support Giuliani.

Can the GOP win the presidency if its candidate doesn't have the backing of fundamentalist organizations like Dobson's? I think that the past couple of elections would still have been close, but would have tipped the other way, if these fundamentalist groups hadn't turned out in large numbers to vote for Bush.

Upvote 0

paperkate

Rampant liberal
Jul 30, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
Visit site
✟15,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, it must be so EASY for you guys.... deciding who to vote for based on one issue alone. So black and white! So straightforward!

None of this timewasting considering the candidate's policies on economics, foreign policy, war, healthcare, environment, renewable energy, social programs, the death penalty, and a million other confusing and unimportant things!

Maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Hunterkirk

Mar 29, 2007
Maryland
✟15,794.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone,

I am a Republican. I watched the msnbc and fox republican debates. During the first debate (msnbc) one candidate slightly stood out for me. His name was Ron Paul. It didn't look like he spoke much, but he sounded like he was speaking from the heart. I looked up some information about him and some of viewer polls said he won the debate. I don't know if that is true however.

Anyways then the fox debate happened and Rudy took a cheap shot at Ron Paul, when Ron was trying to explain some things I had read about called blow back. I was mad when Rudy did this, because I think Rudy is mean. I even watched after the show and Hannity was being mean to Ron Paul, but he was being extremely nice to Rudy. Why did Hannity do that? I have to admit that I am starting to like Ron Paul because he is a Christian like me and he says quite honestly he is pro-life and thinks Roe vs. Wade should be - I think the word was in the msnbc debate - expelled.

I hope to get some feedback from everyone. Maybe Ron Paul isn't the right candidate, I just feel like I can trust him and he as goodness in him.:wave:
I dont think Ron Paul is much in step with the standard republican. While I recognize that Ron Paul has many passionate supporters who seem to be well driven and organized to respond to polls and promote him, they seem to be the minority with in the Republican party.

In many ways Ron Paul is Isolationist, and for some that would be attractive. The liberatarians also tend to like this as they generally take the idea of a smaller government to include less interaction with countries over seas, smaller military spending, and then smaller government and less social programs.

In many ways the libratarians need a party of their own and they have tried that route before, resulting in people other then the one they wanted getting elected.

As for myself I think the main job of the government is the protection of the country and thusly I could not vote for Ron Paul, because I dont feel staying within our borders will protect us.

Reactions: DieHappy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christalee4

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Republicans probably can't win with a pro-Choice candidate.

I would say the opposite; there might be some fall-off from anti-choice voters, but then conservative Dems might vote for Guilani, because they look to him as being the strong 9/11 guy.

Upvote 0