The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres a few from foundation laying, to building, and then to adding to in respects to the church.

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

The profession of Him (as through Peter)

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God (Romans 9:33, 1Peter 2:7, Hebrews 3:1) as revealed of the Father to Him

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee,
That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus Christ, the precious stone Isaiah 28:16 & 1Peter 2:6-7, the stone of stumbling, the rock of offense Isaiah 8:14 & 1 Peter 2:8, the sure foundation Isaiah 28:16, and no other is laid than that which was laid for one 1 Cr 3:11, Isaiah 28:16 and of all the apostles in any singular sense Jesus Christ is called the Apostle of our profession Hebrews 3:1, Isaiah 28:16, Matt 16:17 )

Ephes 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone

Builded together in Him (and him in them) Gal 1:16 & Gal 2:8

Then "adding to" His Church is shown later

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Ephes 5:14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

1 Peter 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a livingstone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

The next verse just loops around back to Isaiah again, which is of God, by Christ in respects to those who believe, who are both built upon a foundation and added to.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I absolutely can not understand how people can profess that they are one in the same (church and Israel)...Me thinks it's because they must in order to be post or A millennial, so they choose to ignore the whole cornerstone/foundation aspect of scripture.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont know how others figure what I am out of the loop on the various doctrines, but werent they (whose eyes were blessed) be regarded as the remnant out of Israel? wouldnt they? Like how Paul said, he was an Israelite himself.

Jesus is called Israel too correct?

Are we looking at this after the flesh?

I always get confused as to who is speaking what in these conversations ^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will let you tell his story there Simon because I know I need back and forth with scripture to understand how someone might go forward on any given thing, otherwise most of it will likely get lost on me since so many folks come at it differently, it can be hard to guess sometimes though.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Israel and the church are not one in the same.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

How do you build something without adding to it?

I agree that Israel and the Church are not the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lstnag2016

Nov 10, 2013
✟16,046.00
Faith
Messianic
Acts 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A Prophet shall HaAdonai your Elohey raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear.

38 This is He, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount SinaI, and with our fathers: who received The Lively Oracles to give unto us:

Do a word study of Ekklesia in Greek and Kahol in Hebrew, compare where the words are synonymous by using the septuagint

Search out That His Ways are cyclical not linear

and He was building upon His Kahol, which began on the day of Assembly, with those there and those who were not there

Who are Yisra'el, the house of Ya'acob

Beside, Where is that church gate into the New Jerusalem? Every gate is named for a tribe of Israel, blessed are those that keep His Commandment, that they may have the right to enter through the gates into the city

Finally, Where is the New Covenant said to be with anyone but Israel?

Reactions: Peter Johnson
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Israel and the church are not one in the same.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Israel is referred to as saints (Numbers 16:3, Deuteronomy 33:3) and the Church is referred to as saints (Ephesians 1:1, Romans 1:7). As elect (Deuteronomy 7:6-7, Deuteronomy 14:2) and as elect (Colossians 3:12, Titus 1:1). As beloved (Deuteronomy 7:7, Deuteronomy 4:37), and as beloved (Colossians 3:12, Thessalonians 1:4). As called (Isaiah 41:9, Isaiah 43:1) and as called (Romans 1:6-7, 1 Corinthians 1:2). As church (Numbers 16:3, Psalms 89:5, Micah 2:5, Acts 7:38, Hebrews 2:12) and as church (Ephesians 1:1, Acts 20:28). As flock (Ezekiel 34, Psalms 77:20) and as flock (Luke 12:32, 1 Peter 5:2). As a holy nation, kingdom of priests, and a peculiar treasure (Exodus 19:5-6) and as a holy nation, kingdom of priests, and a peculiar treasure (1 Peter 2:9). As God's people (Hosea 1:9-10) and as God's people (1 Peter 2:10). As people of inheritance (Deuteronomy 4:20) and as people of inheritance (Ephesians 1:18). As God's tabernacle (Leviticus 26:11) and as God's tabernacle (John 1:14). God walks among them (Leviticus 26:12) and God walks among them (2 Corinthians 6:16-18). Christ is married to them (Isaiah 54:5, Jeremiah 3:14, Jeremiah 6:2, Jeremiah 31:32, Hosea 2:19) and Christ is married to them (Ephesians 5:22-23, 2 Corinthians 11:2).

So what do you see as the difference between Israel and the Church? It can also be translated as "I will rebuild my church", so what do you make of the prophecies that say that God will rebuild Israel, such as acts 15:16, Amos 9:11, Isaiah 58:12, and Jeremiah 24:6?

Upvote 0

Peter Johnson

Royal Priest
Oct 2, 2010
Newcastle, Australia
✟7,976.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Finally, Where is the New Covenant said to be with anyone but Israel?

Not anywhere! As a Gentile I am thankful that the Lord of his Ekklesia, he has grafted many into his Olive Tree, the Israel of God.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I absolutely can not understand how people can profess that they are one in the same (church and Israel)...Me thinks it's because they must in order to be post or A millennial, so they choose to ignore the whole cornerstone/foundation aspect of scripture.

In Ephesians 2:12, Gentiles were once separated from Christ, alienated from Israel, strangers to the covenant and without a hope, but all of that is no longer true because in Ephesians 2:19, Gentiles are no longer stranger or aliens or without a hope, and are now fellow citizens of Israel. There's no need to ignore Scriptures, just the need to look at what it says.

Upvote 0