Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said this to the Pharisees, (and applies to modern day pharisees) "I well know that you do not have the Love of God in you..."

Do you have the Love of God in you...?

If so, what does that look like, and what is that like...? If not, why do you think not...?

How is this different from what people may think...?

I think this "having the Love of God in you" is paramount, I think it trumps any other laws or rules... This Love of God in you trumps even sin... Or can declare you innocent of your sins...

Even if you (say) you keep the law and do not sin, at least intentionally and don't consider yourself a sinner anymore, without the Love of God in you, it means absolutely nothing...

So, what is this Love of God in you, look like, or what is it like...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is having the Love of God in you, something you can do, or make any efforts on your own or by cooperating with God, and is something you do together, or is it all completely up to God and what he wants to do in you, to give you the Love of God in you...?

Is it something we can do or get, on our own, or with or by cooperating with God, and doing or getting or attaining to together... or something that God and only God alone by himself and none of you, do "in you" and we are just to yield (our own will and effort) completely and "let go and let God", kind of thing...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that only God can judge that. I can say I do, and offer evidence. However others might not accept that evidence, so it's between God and myself to determine whether, and to what extent, I show the love of God.

But if I were to score myself here's my score.

First I choose agape (head love)over fileo (heart love). Scoring the four main parts of agape as I apply them in my life;

Assent of Will towards God-80 percent
Godly Judgment- 90 percent
Godly Duty-75 percent
Godly Propriety-90 percent

So I do have a ways to go.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
If they had loved God, they would have loved Christ.
They hated Christ and were jealous of Him since He could draw crowds and do miracles, so they said He was satanic and the common people were ignorant fools.
Why Did Many Jewish Leaders Hate Jesus Christ and the Apostolic Church?

9 But Pilate answered them, saying, “Do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?” 10 For he knew that the chief priests had handed Him over because of envy.

Last edited:
Reactions: YesMe
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said this to the Pharisees, (and applies to modern day pharisees) "I well know that you do not have the Love of God in you..."

If so, what does that look like, and what is that like...? If not, why do you think not...?

I think this "having the Love of God in you" is paramount, I think it trumps any other laws or rules... This Love of God in you trumps even sin... Or can declare you innocent of your sins...

Even if you (say) you keep the law and do not sin, at least intentionally and don't consider yourself a sinner anymore, without the Love of God in you, it means absolutely nothing...

Comments...?

God Bless!
The shortest answer..."if you love me keep my commands"...we know if God's love is in us by our lives, if we live and strive for righteousness or the fleshly desires that call us by name. that is the short answer and every individual has to ask the question and search their own lives with sober judgment.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is having the Love of God in you, something you can do, or make any efforts on your own or by cooperating with God, and is something you do together, or is it all completely up to God and what he wants to do in you, to give you the Love of God in you...?

Is it something we can do or get, on our own, or with or by cooperating with God, and doing or getting or attaining to together... or something that God and only God alone by himself and none of you, do "in you" and we are just to yield (our own will and effort) completely and "let go and let God", kind of thing...?

God Bless!
scripture is clear that we are partners with Him. I personally get very offended by those in the church today who ignore this simple Biblical truth. Our efforts combined with God's power is an unbeatable combination.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!
btw, yielding to God is effort on our part so part of the partnership idea.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Comments...?

God Bless!
Have you read Rom 4? I have. I can also say I have sinned and most likely will sin in the future and I am righteous. Yeah I know you will say I am crazy. Righteousness is not secured by anything an individual does. Righteousness comes solely by the declaration of God. That can only be secured through Jesus by faith. No I am not advocating the right to sin (wicked lifestyle). No I am not promoting the OSAS false teaching. I do promote the idea a Christian does not practice sin because their character is changed, rather recreated - Jn 3/Rom 6.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The shortest answer..."if you love me keep my commands"...we know if God's love is in us by our lives, if we live and strive for righteousness or the fleshly desires that call us by name. that is the short answer and every individual has to ask the question and search their own lives with sober judgment.
The commandments of Jesus yes. The 10 Cs (commandments of His Father) No. Jn 15:10

bugkiller

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to help a friend realise that if he loved God, he would know it. I say that to him simply because when I love God I know I do.
maybe it depends on if we Love God with worldly love or Biblical Love? Just a thought for what it's worth.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The commandments of Jesus yes. The 10 Cs (commandments of His Father) No. Jn 15:10

bugkiller
The OT law gave way to the NT law of Love. It does not make the OT law obsolete but rather it informs us as to the very heart of God. Even the 10 commandments are a summary of the OT law just as the law of Love is. The difference is that we have more freedom in the law of Love because of the witness of the HS within who when we are listening informs us of what is and is not sin. Key word there being when we are listening.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But this is a very specific situation. Jesus did know that the Pharisee's in His time did not have the love of God in them.

Also, see Matthew 23. So this is a very specific situation and not a general statement about people in general.

So I disagree with the part that has in parentheses (and applies to modern day Pharisees)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The OT law gave way to the NT law of Love. It does not make the OT law obsolete but rather it informs us as to the very heart of God. Even the 10 commandments are a summary of the OT law just as the law of Love is. The difference is that we have more freedom in the law of Love because of the witness of the HS within who when we are listening informs us of what is and is not sin. Key word there being when we are listening.
But God Himself says that the Old Covenant is obsolete and disappearing.

Romans 8:6-13

6But as it is, Christb has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 7For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

8For he finds fault with them when he says:c

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
9not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
11And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”

13In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But God Himself says that the Old Covenant is obsolete and disappearing.

Romans 8:6-13

6But as it is, Christb has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 7For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

8For he finds fault with them when he says:c

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah,
9not like the covenant that I made with their fathers
on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt.
For they did not continue in my covenant,
and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
11And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor
and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”

13In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
that is what I said...not done away with but given over to the new. If it was done away with, no one before Christ would be saved and Scripture says that their faith was counted as righteousness.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that is what I said...not done away with but given over to the new. If it was done away with, no one before Christ would be saved and Scripture says that their faith was counted as righteousness.
Ok. I think I misunderstood what you were saying then.

My point is that AFTER Christ is when the New Covenant became the only Covenant that is valid. There is a point in time, when Christ ressurected and was glorified by the Father when it was finished. The Father glorified Christ and seated Him once again at His right hand on the throne.

That is the point in time when the New Covenant in Christ's blood came into effect and no one can go back after that point in time.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok. I think I misunderstood what you were saying then.

My point is that AFTER Christ is when the New Covenant became the only Covenant that is valid. There is a point in time, when Christ ressurected and was glorified by the Father when it was finished. The Father glorified Christ and seated Him once again at His right hand on the throne.

That is the point in time when the New Covenant in Christ's blood came into effect and no one can go back after that point in time.
don't know where the confusion is but maybe it is found in Colossians 1:24 many many people miss this passage (in context) as well as Hebrews 3:14; Romans 11:22; Hebrews 3:6 notice that in all of these passages there is something that we need to do after receiving salvation which is a free gift from God....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is Godly Love?, I don't think it is a feeling (but it can be at times) but is mainly, a "choice", an "adamant decision", and act of the will to Love that person (stay committed to loving that person) no matter what, even when they make you not like them very much, which is why it (Godly Love) cannot (primarily) be based on your feelings (though good feelings can be involved) cause, if it was based on a feeling...?

Feelings are very fickle, and one will go in and out, and in and out, of "favor" with you if you base your love on your feelings alone...

You have to be able to still love someone, even when they may make you want to hate them, and not give into hating them, regardless...

How do you love someone in the right way who tempts you constantly into wanting to hate them, when you may not feel like loving them, but want to anyway...?

How do you love someone like that...?

Without being a walking carpet, cowering, or not allowing them to use, abuse, and take advantage of you...

Somewhere in this is Godly Love...

Anyone know what this Godly Love is...?

God Bless!

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!

In a nutshell, it looks like respecting other peoples space, property and beliefs. It is always being gentle and kind, looking for any way to help with their needs. It is not disrespecting a spouse by looking at another. It is allowing someone to cheat you and letting it go with a smile. It is letting someone push their way ahead of you in line with no angry thoughts. It is taking time to help one in need when you are in a hurry.
This refers to the "law" that we must obey. The law of Christ. The new commandment that trumps any previous laws....the law of love. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength and love your brother as yourself. That's it. The bottom line. The meaning of the gospel. In a nutshell.

Upvote 0