Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this. But I figured it was because this is about ethics and morality. But it probably is not an appropriate place and if it isn't I will just ask if they remove it somewhere else.

I just wanted to say that my thread about Stephen Hawking was very inappropriate. I was completely out of line. I made it all about me, but of course when I wrote it I didn't think I was making it about me because I was listing my flaws. And of course this thread is about me but I don't know how to apologize without making it about me a little. But I just wanted to say that I recognized that I was wrong.

I was also wrong for getting so angry when people criticize me. As you can tell, or some of you can tell, I have a hard time accepting criticism. I blocked some people and then I unblock them. But it's only because I'm kind of a snowflake. But I am going to work on that.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this. But I figured it was because this is about ethics and morality. But it probably is not an appropriate place and if it isn't I will just ask if they remove it somewhere else.

I just wanted to say that my thread about Stephen Hawking was very inappropriate. I was completely out of line. I made it all about me, but of course when I wrote it I didn't think I was making it about me because I was listing my flaws. And of course this thread is about me but I don't know how to apologize without making it about me a little. But I just wanted to say that I recognized that I was wrong.

I was also wrong for getting so angry when people criticize me. As you can tell, or some of you can tell, I have a hard time accepting criticism. I blocked some people and then I unblock them. But it's only because I'm kind of a snowflake. But I am going to work on that.

I don't know if this is helpful to you or anyone else, but when people criticize me I first look at the criticism to see if there is some validity to the criticism. If I find some validity in it, even if it is just a small part of the criticism, I try to act on it to make myself better.

If I don't find any validity or the parts I don't find validity I just toss out and forget about it. It takes work to accomplish that. I picture it as water running off a duck's back.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if this is helpful to you or anyone else, but when people criticize me I first look at the criticism to see if there is some validity to the criticism. If I find some validity in it, even if it is just a small part of the criticism, I try to act on it to make myself better.

If I don't find any validity or the parts I don't find validity I just toss out and forget about it. It takes work to accomplish that. I picture it as water running off a duck's back.

Thank you

This is helpful

Upvote 0