Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe it's like the Islamic miracles where a cow's spots or a fruit's seeds or whatever spell out "Allah" but only if you squint really hard at it...and also happen to read the Arabic script.

So maybe Latin happens to be the most effective language to communicate with demons if you yourself already happen to know it/have it in your background, whereas if you are Russian then Russian (or OCS?) might happen to be the most effective language to communicate with them in, and so on.
Well Its seems to make sense to me that Greek ,Latin ,and Hebrew are sanctified languages because of the connection with Christ shed blood over them on the cross. The demons seems to pick up on this as that is why its explained as they are more efficacious and offensive to the demons. It also seems demons know this as the video demonstrates which no one has really answered.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I didn't answer it because I don't consider it all that appropriate or enlightening to get into on this section of the website, seeing as how I am not a Roman Catholic. I try not to post anything here unless it is something that can be presented in a comparative framework, so I don't want to judge whatever RCs are doing or believing in here on TT. If that's RC tradition, then okay. I don't agree with it, but I'm not going to pick it apart either.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, I watched the beginning of the interview where he describes the exorcism, and what I got from that is that St Mary only showed up when they started praying the Rosary and the Hail Mary in Latin.
What I understood was the demon left because of St Mary, not because of the language of their prayers.

So is it your claim that the Mother of our Lord only pays attention if we ask her intercession in certain languages? That is not something I am willing to entertain.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0