USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thats fine. I appreciate your clarity. Let me ask you did you ever have latin prayers prayed over you when you were possessed?

I was not at the point of full possession. That was its intention. But I felt its presence within me. He talked constantly, showed me horrible visions, was perverse, and demonstrated his displeasure.

I saw evil too. When I encountered people of the same bend I knew it. I could see it in their face. And when I read something I could feel him boring through my eyes. When he was excited it was evident. He tried to lead me to wrong things.

And I had lots of pain in my head. Sharp pains and other times it felt like something was cutting my scalp. His presence was wearisome and draining. I looked older and haggard and was severely sleep deprived.

There was no involvement of priests or clergy. The Holy Spirit walked me through the process. It wasn’t a one-time affair. There were multiple instances. Something was removed before this. I remember it felt like it was being pulled off my shoulders.

My thoughts on that video are immaterial. Having lived through a horrific experience as I’ve described yields one thought: gratitude.

And I sincerely doubt that anyone who experienced the same would reference languages either. Our primary concern is the freedom gained and His presence. Trying to convince us otherwise is futile.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you guys want to really get technical, Christ was a native speaker of Galilean Aramaic, which was the language of the common people of the area in which He lived at that time. That is not Greek, nor Hebrew, nor Latin. It is of course entirely fine to say that He and His apostles would have known any of those and probably used them, context depending (i.e., language is a tool to communicate, so I don't personally think it matters), and there are even some in my Church who cling to the local belief (not 'official', just folk tradition) that He spoke Coptic, reasoning this from the holy family's time in Egypt. Okay, then. :|
Thats fines that you do not see this. You are free to believe what you will. However what do you do with all the evidence that show that demons do recognize this and that Latin seems more efficacious in exorcism cases like that witnessed of this video.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t understand your desire for validation. You have presented information for our perusal. But your responses lend the suggestion that we should agree with your conclusion and if we don’t something’s wrong.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was not at the point of full possession. That was its intention. But I felt its presence within me. He talked constantly, showed me horrible visions, was perverse, and demonstrated his displeasure.

I saw evil too. When I encountered people of the same bend I knew it. I could see it in their face. And when I read something I could feel him boring through my eyes. When he was excited it was evident. He tried to lead me to wrong things.

And I had lots of pain in my head. Sharp pains and other times it felt like something was cutting my scalp. His presence was wearisome and draining. I looked older and haggard and was severely sleep deprived.

There was no involvement of priests or clergy. The Holy Spirit walked me through the process. It wasn’t a one-time affair. There were multiple instances. Something was removed before this. I remember it felt like it was being pulled off my shoulders.

My thoughts on that video are immaterial. Having lived through a horrific experience as I’ve described yields one thought: gratitude.

And I sincerely doubt that anyone who experienced the same would reference languages either. Our primary concern is the freedom gained and His presence. Trying to convince us otherwise is futile.
I certainly thank you for your witness to this experience. I am glad your free and praise God for that. Certainly deliverance does not always have to involve priest or ministers or Latin. My 10 years of oppression never involved exorcism or Latin, its involved God's grace in the sacraments of confession and a total consecration to the blessed Virgin Mary and daily prayer.

But I can't seem to deny this overwhelming evidence that demons show exorcist when it comes to this. I mean even if your own opinion is immaterial that just is a way to say we don't know what to do with this evidence. But the evidence is there witnessed by 2 exorcist and the possessed who were delivered and talked about it and others. So its just seems like a cop out answer. I do not think there is anything to fear in seeing this truth. It makes theological sense. Ignoring it well I guess that what you have to do. Peace be with you anyway. I am glad your better sister.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your inability to deny it doesn’t mean the same holds true for others. All that you can do is share what you’ve learned. You can’t force the reader to agree.

Thank you for the kind sentiments. God is good.
Thank you sister. Bless you! Your right I cannot. I can only post it. I just wander why a person would deny this? Or what a person does with the evidence that this man talks about. I guess one has to either ignore it or say he is lying. But he witness a deliverance of a full blown possessed women who was ritually consecrated to satan by her satanist dad. And when this person was delivered even they admitted and knew that the demons really hated the latin prayers and had to flee. I think they did a good explanation of the possible theological reason why the demons hate it and the other 2 sanctified languages. I guess I just have a passion for truth and when I see evidence that is strong and it just gets ignored or brushed off I get a bit puzzled. Its one thing if there is only a suggestion and no evidence for this but its another if there is good evidence for this as in the video. At any rate peace be with you sister. I hope your having a blessed weekend.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are told to try the spirit before receiving it. This isn’t someone we’re engaging with that we can question as you’ve done with me. All we have is the video and we’re left to draw our own conclusions.

Keep in mind, the Body has many parts. Your passion is noble but you may be engaging with believers who have a different purpose and function.

I do operate in discerning of spirits and I’m very discriminating about the things I take in. The consequences are greater and could impact my work or the assistance I provide for others.

You would probably get more engagement if you posted it on the spiritual gifts forum. :)

Reactions: Athanasias
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are told to try the spirit before receiving it. This isn’t someone we’re engaging with that we can question as you’ve done with me. All we have is the video and we’re left to draw our own conclusions.

Keep in mind, the Body has many parts. Your passion is noble but you may be engaging with believers who have a different purpose and function.

I do operate in discerning of spirits and I’m very discriminating about the things I take in. The consequences are greater and could impact my work or the assistance I provide for others.

You would probably get more engagement if you posted it on the spiritual gifts forum. :)
Thanks LaBelle for your kind word of encouragement. I hope you have a blessed night.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you sister. Bless you! Your right I cannot. I can only post it. I just wander why a person would deny this? Or what a person does with the evidence that this man talks about. I guess one has to either ignore it or say he is lying. But he witness a deliverance of a full blown possessed women who was ritually consecrated to satan by her satanist dad. And when this person was delivered even they admitted and knew that the demons really hated the latin prayers and had to flee. I think they did a good explanation of the possible theological reason why the demons hate it and the other 2 sanctified languages. I guess I just have a passion for truth and when I see evidence that is strong and it just gets ignored or brushed off I get a bit puzzled. Its one thing if there is only a suggestion and no evidence for this but its another if there is good evidence for this as in the video. At any rate peace be with you sister. I hope your having a blessed weekend.

It's a smokescreen my friend, to keep you from using the language the demons really hate, and the one God told you to use.

Besides, how many of us know Latin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's a smokescreen my friend, to keep you from using the language the demons really hate, and the one God told you to use.

Besides, how many of us know Latin?

Per gloriam nominis Tui, Christe, Fili Dei Vivi
et per intercessionam Sancte Maria Virginis
et Beati Iacobi, et ominam sanctorum Tuorum...

If you already know a language that evolved from Latin, it can be pretty easy to work backwards. I haven't actually used Latin in years, since who in the Coptic Orthodox Church would know it or use it, and I can still remember and understand simple prayers like this one. It's not that different than Spanish. The roots are clear anyway.

You can do it, if you really want to! :) Probably the bigger challenge would be to find someone to practice with so that you can actually use it in more than just set parts of the liturgy. It's one thing to know a languge in a particular setting and another to know it more generally. I can fire off all the responses in the Coptic liturgy in Arabic, but I couldn't talk about my day or politics or whatever. It'd be pretty weird to learn Latin and only know how to talk to demons with it. :eek:

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Per gloriam nominis Tui, Christe, Fili Dei Vivi
et per intercessionam Sancte Maria Virginis
et Beati Iacobi, et ominam sanctorum Tuorum...

If you already know a language that evolved from Latin, it can be pretty easy to work backwards. I haven't actually used Latin in years, since who in the Coptic Orthodox Church would know it or use it, and I can still remember and understand simple prayers like this one. It's not that different than Spanish. The roots are clear anyway.

You can do it, if you really want to! :) Probably the bigger challenge would be to find someone to practice with so that you can actually use it in more than just set parts of the liturgy. It's one thing to know a languge in a particular setting and another to know it more generally. I can fire off all the responses in the Coptic liturgy in Arabic, but I couldn't talk about my day or politics or whatever. It'd be pretty weird to learn Latin and only know how to talk to demons with it. :eek:
or, instead of relying on my own intellect, i can let the Holy Spirit speak thru me and rely on His. Like the Bible tells us to do.

If you know Latin then there's no reason praying in Latin can't help. But when looking for so-called mystical Spirit-filled languages, there's only one

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you know Latin then there's no reason praying in Latin can't help. But when looking for so-called mystical Spirit-filled languages, there's only one

Yes, but what does Coptic have to do with this thread? :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I mentioned you because I don't agree with the idea that Latin/Greek/Hebrew are the most effective languages to combat demons .
What do you do with this video that shows it does? Just curious what you make of this evidence? Is it all made up by the exorcist and the one possessed who claimed this? Or are they lying?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do you do with this video that shows it does? Just curious what you make of this evidence? Is it all made up by the exorcist and the one possessed who claimed this? Or are they lying?

The fact that there hasn't been any need to have an exorcism in those languages in countries like Russia.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Maybe it's like the Islamic miracles where a cow's spots or a fruit's seeds or whatever spell out "Allah" but only if you squint really hard at it...and also happen to read the Arabic script.

So maybe Latin happens to be the most effective language to communicate with demons if you yourself already happen to know it/have it in your background, whereas if you are Russian then Russian (or OCS?) might happen to be the most effective language to communicate with them in, and so on.

Upvote 0