Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the past I discussed how demons particularly hated when prayers were done in latin and that latin prayers are more efficacious in the demonic more then other languages. I was wrong about that. There are actually 3 languages that are considered sanctified, Latin, Greek, and Hebrew. Exorcist tell us these 3 languages are sanctified(as Christ blood spilled over them on the cross so there is a connection) and yes demons do hate them so they become particularly efficacious in deliverance. Latin is one of these as its the official language of the church.

Here is a live description of a person and what he saw with the energumen when Latin was prayed vs english. Please listen.

Reactions: anna ~ grace

J03y

Cheeky lil roo
Aug 28, 2019
Swansea, New South Wales
✟19,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't quite understand this... why would creatures on of this world care about what language we speak. Like does the dialect matter? Or how about the language group? So, say, somebody speaks to a demon in modern Hebew rather than ancient Hebrew, will it still be just as effective? A lot of modern Hebrew was constructed from classical Arabic, is Arabic more or less effective than modern Hebrew? Likewise, is ecclesiastic Latin or classical Latin the best phonology to go by? At what point does the dialect stop being the langage? I mean both French, Spanish, etc. are just developed dialects of vulgar Latin, do they work? Why exclude Old Church Slavonic, that was an official language of many churches and is influence greately by Byzantine Greek, or is that the wrong Greek?

I don't quite get the mechanism. I don't foresee anything supernatural being like "Oh, that's a laguage from the Roman Republic, hold up".

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Athanasias, I'm not a RC (so I'm sure that you are looking at this from a different perspective that I am), but you seem to be saying that our "prayers" .. not the One who answers them ... are somehow efficacious/powerful, in and of themselves, and that they are ~directly~ responsible (at least in part) for our deliverance (or at the very least, that the language we use when we pray helps God answer them somehow/makes Him somehow more powerful/enables the work He does on our behalf to be more effective than it would be if He was trying to answer our prayers by Himself, IOW, w/o any help from us?).

Am I understanding what you are saying correctly? I must admit that I am hoping that I don't, because this entire train of thought, if I am understanding your basic meaning correctly, makes me ~very~ uncomfortable :eek:

Thanks!

--David

Jude
9 Even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!"

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello @Athanasias, I'm not a RC (so I'm sure that you are looking at this from a different perspective that I am), but you seem to be saying that our "prayers" .. not the One who answers them ... are somehow efficacious/powerful, in and of themselves, and that they are ~directly~ responsible (at least in part) for our deliverance (or at the very least, that the language we use when we pray helps God answer them somehow/makes Him somehow more powerful/enables the work He does on our behalf to be more effective than it would be if He was trying to answer our prayers by Himself, IOW, w/o any help from us?).

Am I understanding what you are saying correctly? I must admit that I am hoping that I don't, because this entire train of thought, if I am understanding your basic meaning correctly, makes me ~very~ uncomfortable :eek:

Thanks!

--David

Jude
9 Even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!"

Hi , St_Worm2

Thanks for the good question. Yes our prayers if we are in the state of grace do have efficacy and are powerful. The prayers of the righteous avail much and are powerful according to scripture(James 5). Now one can pray in any language and God can answer any of them and often does. But What seems to adds to this efficacy in terms of deliverance and the demonic seems to be the language they are said in like Latin or Greek. Demons really hate this and if you watch this video the gentlemen who was helping 2 exorcist witnessed this and talks about it.

Exorcist and theologians explain that this is because and its a bit mystical I admit there is a connection to 3 languages hebrew, Latin and Greek that makes them sanctified languages and as such the demons really can't stand them. They are sanctified and more efficacious because they Christ blood shed over them on the cross and there is a mystical connection to that. Demons recognize this and go crazy.

Just listen to this link where the gentlemen in deliverance ministry talks about how they prayed for 3 hours in english and to no avail but when they statred praying in Latin it drove the demons out and how later the possessed person admitted they cannot stand being in the Latin Mass from the beginning as the demons would go nuts and bolt but they could stay in the ordinary form mass up till the consecration before they bolted.
Take a listen. I hope this helps. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
All of my spiritual warfare and deliverance was conducted in English and effective. They harken to the Most High. It isn’t the language that breaks the bondage. It is the Lord’s intervention, confession, and renunciation of the sinful behavior which provided the right of entry.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure there have been exorcisms in both Russian and Arabic (or Coptic?).

I believe @Jude1:3Contendforthefaith and @dzheremi know about it.

Yes, exorcisms do still happen in the Coptic Orthodox tradition. In fact, it is something of a 'quietly known fact' (people don't really talk about it, but everyone knows it) that Muslims will often ask Christian priests to handle demonic possessions in their families, will go to monasteries for treatment of those kinds of problems, and even ask priests for home cleansings after a loved one dies in their home. As it has been explained to me, the Islamic majority in Egypt do not usually believe that their mullahs and sheikhs or whatever deal with 'lesser' spirits like these, so they ask Christian priests because they know that Christian priests deal with them and can handle whatever the Muslims have going on in their lives that their own religious leaders will not touch. I find that very odd, personally. But it does definitely happen.

I don't know anything about the language involved, or any beliefs among the people about the language involved, since I've never witnessed an exorcism. The vast majority of Muslims would not be able to identify Coptic or Greek anyway, though there are some who do identify as 'Coptic Muslims' (those who know their true history as Egyptians, not Arabs) who do learn the language by going to monasteries for lessons in it. This is a real point of pride for the Coptic people (and rightly so), but anyway...yes, exorcisms do happen, and they would definitely not include anything in Latin. :) (Not that there's anything wrong with Latin; it's a perfectly fine language.)

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of my spiritual warfare and deliverance was conducted in English and effective. They harken to the Most High. It isn’t the language that breaks the bondage. It is the Lord’s intervention, confession, and renunciation of the sinful behavior which provided the right of entry.

LaBèlla
I did not say it was not effective. We have priest who do effective deliverance in english. All lI said was Latin was more effective and this is simply shown in many cases. Listen to this video of this guy who witnessed it with 2 exorcist. They explain why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And I am saying that a one year spiritual battle which resulted in deliverance and seven years of daily warfare have given me insight on the subject.

Language has no effect. In severe cases angelic help is required. We are conduits of God’s will but He does the heavy lifting. Not us.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I am saying that a one year spiritual battle which resulted in deliverance and seven years of daily warfare have given me insight on the subject.

Language has no effect. In severe cases angelic help is required. We are conduits of God’s will but He does the heavy lifting. Not us.
I am certainly not trying to downplay your experience. I believe you know alot about deliverance but I do believe your wrong on this. If your right what do you do with the evidence from this video that was witnessed by this man and other and other Catholic exorcist who also witness this on a regular basis and have for 2000 years? I mean you have to deny all of this evidence. Did you really listen to what this man said? I mean this as no offense. I know this must be hard for you to accept. But it really makes theological sense given the cross and its ties with that. One thing is sure demons sure are aware of it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you are missing an important point here. It is one thing to deal with the sick and another to be sick yourself. I am speaking as a person who experienced demonic torment and labored for another in spiritual bondage.

You aren’t offending me. If you believe the video that is your choice to do so. :)

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the past I discussed how demons particularly hated when prayers were done in latin and that latin prayers are more efficacious in the demonic more then other languages. I was wrong about that. There are actually 3 languages that are considered sanctified, Latin, Greek, and Hebrew. Exorcist tell us these 3 languages are sanctified(as Christ blood spilled over them on the cross so there is a connection) and yes demons do hate them so they become particularly efficacious in deliverance. Latin is one of these as its the official language of the church.

Here is a live description of a person and what he saw with the energumen when Latin was prayed vs english. Please listen.

Latin, Greek, and Hebrew were all blessed in the Old Testament. In the New, we have tongues.

Reactions: Athanasias
Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you are missing an important point here. It is one thing to deal with the sick and another to be sick yourself. I am speaking as a person who experienced demonic torment and labored for another in spiritual bondage.

You aren’t offending me. If you believe the video that is your choice to do so. :)
Thats fine. I appreciate your clarity. Let me ask you did you ever have latin prayers prayed over you when you were possessed? I certainly have not been possessed but I have been oppressed heavily by demons in the past and that has lasted 10 years till deliverance. I understand you do not believe what this man said in the video and I respect your freedom to do so. But what do you do then with all this evidence for this truth that speaks of? You would have to conclude that him and his possessed person that was freed and the 2 exorcist have lied about all of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Latin, Greek, and Hebrew were all blessed in the Old Testament. In the new, we have tongues.
Latin, Hebrew and Greek were also blessed in the New Testament as Christ blood shed over those languages which hung above his head on the Holy Cross thus sanctifying them over others.

Here is the proof

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Along with being the beginning of a new way, the cross was the end of the old way. So of course things of the old way would be present. I'm just looking for the scripture that says they shall speak with new Latin

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not that I'm denigrating those languages, I'm not, I think you're being sidetracked from the language we were given to use in this time.

(If im allowed to say that... still learning the rules here)

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Along with being the beginning of a new way, the cross was the end of the old way. So of course things of the old way would be present. I'm just looking for the scripture that says they shall speak with new Latin
Scripture does not speak and say that we must speak with Latin. The point I was making was Latin was one of 3 languages that have been sanctified mystically by the blood of Jesus on the cross so praying in Latin deliverance prayers are more effective and demons know this and hate it because of its connections to the cross and Christ blood and we have real cases that show this reality. Watch this video here for some powerful evidence on this,

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you guys want to really get technical, Christ was a native speaker of Galilean Aramaic, which was the language of the common people of the area in which He lived at that time. That is not Greek, nor Hebrew, nor Latin. It is of course entirely fine to say that He and His apostles would have known any of those and probably used them, context depending (i.e., language is a tool to communicate, so I don't personally think it matters), and there are even some in my Church who cling to the local belief (not 'official', just folk tradition) that He spoke Coptic, reasoning this from the holy family's time in Egypt. Okay, then. :|

Upvote 0