• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was recorded on Omegle.

jessisback77

Jan 9, 2012
✟15,125.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I was on Omegle this morning doing something I shouldn't. The man in the cam showed his torso and later other parts. I showed my breasts, backside, and face. Near the end of our conversation he said that he wanted to show me something. I suddenly saw myself nude like a video replaying on his screen.
He recorded everything I done. He threatened me and said that he would post it to youtube and inappropriate content sites if i didnt do as he said. i quickly put on my clothes and said out loud "Lord Jesus forgive me!!" I started witnessing to him, telling him my testimony and that the Lord can forgive him. He didn't listen. I ended the conversation. I know he cannot post it to youtube because they monitor it and ban nudity of a sexual nature.

I confessed my sins immediately. I am NEVER doing this again. I believe this is my punishment. I believe that the Lord has forgiven me, but I cannot forgive myself.
I know God can do anything. I am praying that He will stop this man from posting this video. I didn't give him any information other than Jess and my age. Still it is upsetting. God can make the man delete it, convict him, put a virus on his computer, anything to stop it I know. I just hope and praying God does. I love the Lord. I have backslid, but now I am back. I am terribly sick about this. It makes me sick. I am not so nervous because I have confessed, but I dont want him to use the video to tempt anybody on the net. I don't want that! Please Lord Jesus stop this video.

Somebody please let me know it will be okay. I will never do this again. This was my first time showing all that on cam. So awlful. I have taped up and covered my cam on my laptop. I should have never done this.

Help. -- Im a virgin too. Ugh I feel like a prostitute. Please God help me. How do I get through this??

STAYING_STRONG4HIM

Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
Apr 25, 2009
somewhere, nowhere, everywhere
✟8,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God forgives you. I know it's hard to forgive yourself but pray for strength to forgive yourself. It was really wrong for him to make a video like that. I pray that the Lord will make that video disappear! I wish I knew what to say to really give you the comfort you need but I know God can comfort you In this time an he is soooo much better at comforting those that are hurting. Keep your chin up. It will be okay!

Upvote 0

brohmanluke

Jul 20, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey I was searching omegle on google and found your post. I registered with this site just so I could reply to your post. lol. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I fell into using that sight in an inappropriate way too, and I've experienced a lot of guilt. I also experience a lot of fear that it will someday come back to haunt me, because people do record things and take screenshots and things like that. You don't think about that when you're in the heat of the moment. That world is just no place for a christian. I hope you've stayed off the site. I've vowed to stay away, and get a real hobby! lol. Anyway. I hope you are doing well and have returned to the straight and narrow. pray for me please, and i will also for you.

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
jessisback77 said:
I was on Omegle this morning doing something I shouldn't. The man in the cam showed his torso and later other parts. I showed my breasts, backside, and face. Near the end of our conversation he said that he wanted to show me something. I suddenly saw myself nude like a video replaying on his screen.
He recorded everything I done. He threatened me and said that he would post it to youtube and inappropriate content sites if i didnt do as he said. i quickly put on my clothes and said out loud "Lord Jesus forgive me!!" I started witnessing to him, telling him my testimony and that the Lord can forgive him. He didn't listen. I ended the conversation. I know he cannot post it to youtube because they monitor it and ban nudity of a sexual nature.

I confessed my sins immediately. I am NEVER doing this again. I believe this is my punishment. I believe that the Lord has forgiven me, but I cannot forgive myself.
I know God can do anything. I am praying that He will stop this man from posting this video. I didn't give him any information other than Jess and my age. Still it is upsetting. God can make the man delete it, convict him, put a virus on his computer, anything to stop it I know. I just hope and praying God does. I love the Lord. I have backslid, but now I am back. I am terribly sick about this. It makes me sick. I am not so nervous because I have confessed, but I dont want him to use the video to tempt anybody on the net. I don't want that! Please Lord Jesus stop this video.

Somebody please let me know it will be okay. I will never do this again. This was my first time showing all that on cam. So awlful. I have taped up and covered my cam on my laptop. I should have never done this.

Help. -- Im a virgin too. Ugh I feel like a prostitute. Please God help me. How do I get through this??

If you turn away from these and turn to God, You will surely find His forgiveness, mercy, and grace. It will be alright just recommit your life to God and stay away from your weak spots. God is ever- gracious and merciful, He won't condemn His servant.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know the story of Amanda Todd? If you don't I suggest you to google her for details.

Here's the brief tidbit about her - She flashed herself in front of her webcam for a stranger that she wasn't even well acquainted with. She was barely a teenager, and sometime later, this stranger threatened to post her topless photo on the web. He did eventually, and if you search her name up on google and go to images, you will see her topless photos here and there at times. The police were working on it to stop this man, from what I hear last time. She eventually took her life from this incident.

Don't let yourself be a victim. Report this incident to the police immediately. And keep on praying that you'll never fall to the same sin again. Father will forgive you, but what's done is done. Now you have to go correct it. God bless you! I hope that He will help you out on this a lot. Be strong as He wants you to be.

EDIT: I thought that this was recent, but I see that the OP posted this on January... Hopefully she's fine.

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How are you doing now? I, too, have let men take nude pictures of me. I don't know what they did with them but I felt so exposed and ashamed and scared. It was a long time ago and I have recovered from it but I know your pain. Please give an update. Praying for your healing.

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm a guy, mid 20s. At the beginning of this past last summer I became addicted to those video chat sites (chatroulette/omegle). Spending many hours a week on it secretly, feeding my lust. I've told my pastor, and councelor, but its been really difficult to detach myself from it. It gives me a false sense of intimacy that I'm in desperate need of as I've recently moved and what feels like starting life over again. I don't normally show my face except for a few times. I don't know if I was recorded, but the idea of it haunts me. I'm afraid I'll become some kind of public speaker someday, or involved in the ministry, and then my face and body will be retrieved from some creeps computer to frame me. Writing this is extremely helpful. Its causing me to admit my sin, my addiction, my turning away from God's provision. I'm writing this so other people know that it hurts. Sites like omegle, and the growth of the internet have expanded the inappropriate content industry exponentially. Anyone with a camera can now participate in it and get plastered all over the internet; I've seen it happen. I need the Holy Spirit to convict me with deep remorse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Paul lived with his past. He was prepared to admit what he had done, which was very public knowledge back then. But he knew what Christ's forgiveness was and lived from that. Many people have some terrible incidents in their past. Than God for Jesus who gives us a new start,whatever silliness we have gotten into.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

f1yleaf

≧ω≦
Jan 20, 2013
United States
✟15,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just registered for this site to reply to your post

About an hour ago I was just on webcam doing the same thing you were a doing. I started doing it because I had low self esteem. I would strip for homosexual men because I loved the way that they talked about my body, it would make me feel good about myself.

What I'm worried about is that I might become gay from doing this, but it seems like I just can't stop. I've caught a guy taking photos of me with his phone, and it really disturbed me. It disturbed me for days. I'm just glad I didn't show my face, give my name etc,.

Just please know that you're not alone, and that even though you feel dirty and disgusting, Jesus dealt with lust too! God goes through the same pain you experience. He will always see you as a pure, child of God. Don't ever feel like you are a worthless piece of sex merchandise, because you are the child of the King of this Universe. You are the child of the almighty God who made sex himself, the man who created man. You are his child, and whatever happens to you happens for a reason. He will use this knowledge and experience that you have with lust to help others.

Please just hang in there, and post again soon. I'm bookmarking this site! :wave:

Upvote 0

CliffyTX

Not Always an Atheist
May 10, 2013
Texas
Visit site
✟7,611.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
<edit>

We're all human here. Even if we don't agree on some things, we all have free will, opinions and levels of hypocrisy. I promise you that at least 80% of this forum's members touch. Depending on who you ask, it's supposedly a sin. Furthermore, I would wager the majority of you didn't or won't wait until marriage to have consensual sex.

Just like the above, albeit not as common as those last 2 examples, many, many people "play" on cam online. Sometimes it's planned. Sometimes it "just happens."

The best advice I can give those of you who were recorded is this: Take in mind how many videos (of ANY kind) you've seen since you started using the Internet. Now...how many of you would honestly recognize someone from one of those videos you saw a few months ago? Out of how many you probably watched just last month? Unless the one who recorded you specifically had you, and only you targeted, your reputation is fine.

They don't actually post to your Facebook either (unless he specifically targeted you...and you accept strangers' friend requests). There are tricks to make you think he has your Facebook when all he did was give you an address that will cause anyone clicking on it to see their own Facebook. If he does have your Facebook's exact address, he still can't post to it unless you accept his request.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

antonranil

Vesper00grace
May 1, 2014
✟7,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
hi the same thing just happened to me. Im a guy and it ended up replaying my video on the other persons webcam.

It got me really freaked , I immediately repented and asked for Gods forgiveness. Im taking it as a lesson a hard one and thankful that God allowed me to back out before I got into something worse. It isn't the nature of our God to embarrass you or shame you. He loves us and that includes teaching us , sometimes extreme things have to happen for the greater good ( that is for ourselves ) .

But continue to seek God and his guidance and peace will follow , after the incident i opened the bible and this verse appeared Plasms 31 : 1-10 It spoke to me of what a gracious and faithful God we serve.I hope this helps all us grow in our relationship with God.

Also i shared the incident w a couple of mates and they were all extremely supportive and just reminded of the grace God has for us. The hardest part for me is forgiving myself but thats what the devil wants. Constantly rebuke him and proclaim verses over the situation. Remember nothing we can do that will turn God away from us and his love for us is eternal. Sometimes thoughts of wanting sexual pleasures do haunt me but con't rebuking it. Turn away the devil and he will turn away with you.

Hope you're all well. xx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

antonranil

Vesper00grace
May 1, 2014
✟7,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
and as well as to what can happen our God can work in marvellous and mysterious ways. Lets pray these creeps computers or wtv will get fried in a unfortunate event. haha Just have faith and live in the knowing that God is merciful and we protect us from anything as we are his beloved children.

Upvote 0

William96

May 23, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Hey, I just wanted to say you're not alone. I just had this happen to me a few days ago. I got really carried away and after it was over it was obvious i had just been recorded. I immediately repented and asked for forgiveness. I will never again get on Omegle, it is a recipe for disaster. I do understand the odds of someone I know finding this video to be extremely low, but I just can't help but think "what if." With this feeling comes a lot of anxiety, and it would just be great if I could have some prayer from you guys to help me get over it, and that the video has been destroyed.
Thanks, God Bless

Upvote 0