• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I was raised in foster care. It was a nightmare.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just upset, thinking about how Mrs. Inman abandon two foster kids in front of the department of social services building. One child was mentally delayed, and the other child wanted to go back to her mother. Mrs. Inman bragged about leaving the Marie in front of the building. Before it was open. She was blacked ball twice for it. She was also turned in. Mrs. Inman was crazy. The county had to know. But didn't protect us. I believe she labeled me. As being retarded, stupid and slow. As soon as she seen my mom. She did that to another child. But the worker removed her. Mrs. Inman would terrorize me over being retarded, slow and stupid and fat. Even though the school kept trying to put me in normal classes. And she was over 300 pounds. And I was never more, than 130, while this monster was alive, she let the family and foster care kids harass me. Kids told their therapist. And she bragged about this to everyone. She had to be turned in.

Last edited:

BeingThere

Dec 28, 2021
California
✟10,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus said, "don't you know that everything that goes into the mouth enters the stomach and goes out into the sewer? But what goes out of the mouth comes from the heart. And that's what contaminates a person in God's sight".

I have compassion for your plight, so much so that I will give you the secret to your newfound joy: forgive, and love, for it is not what you receive from others which defines you, but what you return back to them. Love is easy, love doesn't require thought. A gift which someone gives you, but which you refuse to receive, still belongs to them. Let it be so of the hurt which someone has given you.

Upvote 0

KybeKyneKane

Aug 13, 2021
Seoul
✟24,459.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm just upset, thinking about how Mrs. Inman abandon two foster kids in front of the department of social services building. One child was mentally delayed, and the other child wanted to go back to her mother. Mrs. Inman bragged about leaving the Marie in front of the building. Before it was open. She was blacked ball twice for it. She was also turned in. Mrs. Inman was crazy. The county had to know. But didn't protect us. I believe she labeled me. As being retarded, stupid and slow. As soon as she seen my mom. She did that to another child. But the worker removed her. Mrs. Inman would terrorize me over being retarded, slow and stupid and fat. Even though the school kept trying to put me in normal classes. And she was over 300 pounds. And I was never more, than 130, while this monster was alive, she let the family and foster care kids harass me. Kids told their therapist. And she bragged about this to everyone. She had to be turned in.
In all that time of struggle, I hope it made you stronger in some way. I hope you find many strengths and comfortabilities to come into your life that is on the way. Many Christians believe in Lord God rewards those who goes through suffering so perhaps you can believe the same but I am no Christian.

Well, just look to the future I guess. Good luck and if you ever need of any assistance, you can always start a conversation with me and I will help with whatever advice however I can.

Upvote 0

PamelaPP

Jul 12, 2022
London
✟16,099.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have a right to be hurt and angry BE hurt and angry as that is what needs healing with the gentle KIND LOVE of God and his PURE Holy Spirit with NO harm in it , there is NO harm in God's light and PURITY

I cannot understand PEOPLE on the other hand and by that I mean the AUTHORITIES who are meant to PROTECT the children and do NOT ''child PROTECTION services'' is a bit of a JOKE , they do not CARE about the children nor the special souls with learning disabilities etc who need EXTRA care and extra GENTLE care etc

Please read my post if you can xxx

Maybe we can talk more if you feel comfortable but it is past his bed time on a school night! Lol xxxxx

Upvote 0